Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did Warhammer 40,000 become the symbol of pony-brutalization?

Mars Caramel

As with many others, of all the images, memes, etc. I've seen that feature the brutalization of MLP, the Space Marines from Warhammer 40,000 are used the most frequently, or possibly all the time. Do these haters really think they're the most "manly" thing in the world that could easily bring down an entire race of ponies with one flick of the wrist? I just think manliness in general is absolutely stupid.

I'm not trying to complain about haters, they can just keep on hating as long as it's far away from us and don't randomly bring it up, I'm just wondering how the Space Marines from Warhammer 40,000 basically became a frequent symbol of pony-brutalization.

My dad, who plays it, even attempted to get me into it once, but I didn't really like how complex it looked. I can't remember if it was before or after he discovered I'm a brony.

Edited by Mars Brown

... What are you referenceing to? If you are talking about people using Space Marines to kill ponies in memes and such, then I have but a few words. Xenos and Grim Darkness of the Far Future.

If you are talking about crossovers, theres nothing you can do about that. I personally like warhammer 40,000 and pony crossovers.

• Brohoof 3

... What are you referenceing to? If you are talking about people using Space Marines to kill ponies in memes and such, then I have but a few words. Xenos and Grim Darkness of the Far Future.

If you are talking about crossovers, theres nothing you can do about that. I personally like warhammer 40,000 and pony crossovers.

I am talking about the former. I don't think I remember seeing any proper crossovers, other than what look like soldiers that resemble the Imperial Guard.

• Brohoof 1

I am talking about the former. I don't think I remember seeing any proper crossovers, other than what look like soldiers that resemble the Imperial Guard.

Well then, they are quite accurate. What do you think the Imperium Of Man do if it found a race of technicolor ponies that had various powerful powers that- although not their yet- could prove quite destructive in a few thousand years? And led by two ultraponies that keep the planet moving like it should.

Hint: If your answer is not, 'Destroy the planet' you are mistaken.

• Brohoof 3

To be fair, the Inquisition brought down planet-scale destruction on reality-bending demon-infested planets on daily basis. The canon Imperium of Man can take down Equestria just as easily.

I'm not sure what's the big deal with people drawing stuffs they like destroying stuffs they don't like. Even some brony artists are doing it quite frequently too. (Pretty much every crossover arts that feature both ponies and ass-kicking consist of ponies dishing out the ass-kicking to the hapless denizens from the other world)

Oh, and there are also quite a lot of crossover fanfics and pic where Adeptus Astartes can be friend with the ponies, so it's all even.

Edited by Starshine

Because Space Marines are badass as hell--literally. These are the guys who fight d(a)emons and aliens every day of their lives, engaging in an eternal war of genocide. Millions, if not billions, of people die each day. Others fall to the corruption of Chaos. The race closest to being the good guys aren't even human, and even then, they're extremists who try to brainwash everyone they come across, and destroy those who refuse their philosophy. Life sucks in this universe, and it's not going to get better any time soon. Warhammer 40,000 is the universe that started grimdark, and for good reason. 

It represents everything that My Little Pony isn't. The connection between 40K and MLP haters is evident. 

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

i am a fan of WH40k, and ill tell you this: i dont like ponies being hurt, i cant even stand them crying or sad. but hell yeah i like ponified WH40k 

here are ponies 

post-16022-0-69034200-1370289929_thumb.gif

here is WH40k

post-16022-0-86120500-1370289840_thumb.jpg

what if you combine these two?

post-16022-0-96908400-1370289861_thumb.jpg

FOR THE  EMPRAH CELESTIA!

post-16022-0-16824000-1370289989_thumb.jpg

smile.png

• Brohoof 5

I dont think it's being a hater at all quite the contrary I think, there are many people who like mlp and warhammer 40k. Both my friend and I play warhammer 40k and as you can see my profile pic is Pinkie Pie as a space marine holding a flamethrower...

I absolutely love Warhammer 40K, but I haven't seen any of this Space Marine on pony violence you're talking about. I know a lot of 40K fans who play at the place I go aren't too fond of Bronies, but I haven't seen them doodling images of Terminators stomping holes in Pinkie Pie's face.

Or, at least not when I've been around.

• Brohoof 2

I really have no idea what warhammer 40,000 is but from the looks of these "space marines" it looks pretty goddamn awesome! Although I guess it's "bad" if they're "hurting" ponies. But these are haters we're talking about guys I mean c'mon really?

Doesn't bother me none. I've never played it After all its just a game and as with anything, people are going to like or hate something no matter what. We love our ponies and they love their... war hammers

And besides I'd like to see if those Space Marines could stand up to 40,000 degrees of the sun raining down on them when they p.o. Celestia... then well see how manly they are... MUHahahaha!!!

If they think the "War-hammer 40000" or whatever it is called is the manliest thing on the internets, then they have a rude wake up call coming to the!

major_armstrong_poster_by_winged__maned_

• Brohoof 4

And on the complete opposite end of the spectrum: 

329297_md-Cute%2C%20Humor%2C%20My%20Litt

262237_473846912639516_1760590054_n.jpg

I don't know about you, but I get a squad in every one of the ponies I would run a Mane 6 army. . . . . . 

63550__safe_princess-celestia_princess-l

I've seen positive and negative cross-overs from just about every fandom out there, the key is just to ignore those that you do-not appreciate and enjoy the ones you find to be rather befitting of the shows awesome-ness. 

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

The wargaming community has its fair share of neckbeards who want to feel manly, they get defensive about their masculinity and react by bashing ponies. That's pretty much the basis for all the anti-pony crap amongst WH40K fans. It's really sad, since 40k and ponies are hilariously awesome together.

post-7348-0-49192200-1370344756_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fluttermena
  • Brohoof 5

Warhammer 40k and Space Marines specifically just seem to brutalise everything, MLP isn't being singled out so it's hardly a symbol of "Pony brutalisation". 

I am a massive fan of 40k and the world itself is a dark and grim place where every day is a fight for the survival of your entire race. This has created a very over the top universe and very exaggerated characters. Some would argue a Space Marine is the single strongest superhuman solider there is in science fiction and I would tend to agree. It's a pretty badass and awesome universe.

You then have the Imperium, which is incredibly xenophobic and self righteous. Imperial Inquisitors can blow up a planet on a whim if they deem it necessary. 

So what you then get is people using this symbol to attack other things and MLP is not exclusive to this. You'll see thousands and 40k images of Space Marine beating up x. As a 40k fans I don't really appreciate seeing those images or my universe being used as a tool to "brutalise" characters from other fandoms. I actually like the 40k crossovers with MLP, Celestia as the Emperor? Hell yes!

However I would agree that should an Inquisitor land in Equestria, he would deem the whole magic thing as heretical and try to destroy the place. That's what the Imperium is like xD.

• Brohoof 3

Last time I checked, a lot of Warhammer 40k fans were bronies as well. Our entire fandom keeps writing space marine crossovers and draws humanized versions of the ponies in UltraMarines armor. It's pretty awesome. In every fandom (Halo, Battlefield, Star Trek) you have the brony haters who keep doing works involving their favorite characters massacring ponies and then there are the pony lovers who keep crossing over their favorite things.

PS: The Black Templars are supreme.

What most people here said: There will always be people who feel like they have to insult others over the internet. The 40k base is from what I've seen, one of the more tolerable ones. One of the reasons that the pics are more  prevelant is that the 40k crowd, like bronies, is on average a bit older than theusual internet mob, so they got some decent artists between them, which results in existing pics being spread around quite a bit.

Dream on, loyalist:

post-3492-0-42038800-1367252925_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Dream on, loyalist

Tau Empire>everything else, although Tyranids, Slaanesh, Eldar and Death Korps of Krieg also have a place in my heart.

Also, Shadowsun is a badass:

post-7348-0-64924000-1370359964_thumb.jpg

This thread needs some awesome pony-40k content

post-7348-0-02746200-1370360058_thumb.png

post-7348-0-45765900-1370360073_thumb.png

post-7348-0-81680100-1370360085_thumb.png

post-7348-0-98941100-1370360090_thumb.jpg

post-7348-0-46310300-1370360100_thumb.png

post-7348-0-01424100-1370360105_thumb.jpg

post-7348-0-08493200-1370360136_thumb.png

post-7348-0-04580200-1370360153_thumb.png

post-7348-0-58187600-1370360178_thumb.png

post-7348-0-06926600-1370360238_thumb.png

post-7348-0-48673800-1370360241_thumb.jpeg

post-7348-0-94298800-1370360244_thumb.png

post-7348-0-00505200-1370360250_thumb.png

post-7348-0-31372200-1370360265_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

If people feel the need to use "manly" things like Space marine's and such to brutalize things that they deem "unmanly"(things like MLP, Pokemon, etc.) in order to help them keep their masculinity in check are incredibly pathetic rather than manly

Their attempts at masculinity, are futile

• Brohoof 1

And besides I'd like to see if those Space Marines could stand up to 40,000 degrees of the sun raining down on them when they p.o. Celestia... then well see how manly they are... MUHahahaha!!!

well, that wont be a problem for them, they wear power armour made of alloy of titanium and ceramite (whatever that is) and it does not conduct heat nearly at all. so they wont die unless celestia brings sun close enough to kill them, but then eqestria is exterminatus smile.png

rainbow marine:

post-16022-0-63663100-1370415493_thumb.jpg

well, that wont be a problem for them, they wear power armour made of alloy of titanium and ceramite (whatever that is) and it does not conduct heat nearly at all. so they wont die unless celestia brings sun close enough to kill them, but then eqestria is exterminatus img-1528425-1-smile.png

rainbow marine:

rainbow_dash_marine_by_ghettomole-d3b9n3g.jpg

That really was only meant for the pun intended.

Oh I'm sure that it wouldn't be that easy... it never is. But I'm sure there's a few more tricks under her wings