Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

genre streams?

Friendship_Cannon

Hey there, maybe a question somebody already asked (shame on me, if so), but...

Will there be something like a genre stream?

As I recognized (please correct me, if I´m wrong) the options allow you to search for an artists or an genre, but I could imagine quite a few people to visit just to have a quick experience in br-/p-ony music.

Not even sure if this is technically possible (just depending on how many genres there are first of all), I will be open about not being advanced at all in those kinda things, but as I know some online radio stations have a stream you can log into to have a continuing playlist of a certain style of music without having to look up every song for its own.

Maybe this goes away from the intention of the site of giving many new artists the chance to get the attention they deserve, maybe it´s impossible xD... I don´t know, handle it as a question from a clueless person.

;)

What you could do is let the songs play one after the other in a particular genre listing you enjoy. Creating an algorithm similar to Pandora or Last.fm would require a ton of work and I don't think it's feasible for the developers to implement such functionality during an open beta.

• Brohoof 1

Hey there, maybe a question somebody already asked (shame on me, if so), but...

Will there be something like a genre stream?

As I recognized (please correct me, if I´m wrong) the options allow you to search for an artists or an genre, but I could imagine quite a few people to visit just to have a quick experience in br-/p-ony music.

Not even sure if this is technically possible (just depending on how many genres there are first of all), I will be open about not being advanced at all in those kinda things, but as I know some online radio stations have a stream you can log into to have a continuing playlist of a certain style of music without having to look up every song for its own.

Maybe this goes away from the intention of the site of giving many new artists the chance to get the attention they deserve, maybe it´s impossible xD... I don´t know, handle it as a question from a clueless person.

wink.png

Saved Searches are a feature that is similar to what you're looking for. If you perform a search with all of the genres that you want to listen to, then save it - you'll be able to easily go to your Dashboard and select "Saved Searches" to see that content. Each track will play in succession.

Is this what you're asking for?

What you could do is let the songs play one after the other in a particular genre listing you enjoy. Creating an algorithm similar to Pandora or Last.fm would require a ton of work and I don't think it's feasible for the developers to implement such functionality during an open beta.

you get what I have in mind, and yea, I´m sure that requires a ton of effort...

just an idea ;)