Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Idea: Possible Spotlight Music Widget on Dashboard?

Carbon Maestro

Now I noticed that you guys have a "What's popular today" dash, and that could be based on popularity. But what would enhance songs that deserve spotlight could be a widget that displays three songs that are "standouts" to the rest of the songs that were submitted that day, and have them up for two days or some duration. It's kind of like the spotlight music for EQD, but it can be made more frequent and not as randomly timed or biased towards popular musicians as Seth does it.

This can be done manually by the mods or by an assembly of prelisteners, and by continuing to do that there could be spotlights for the new music while not being completely reliant on a computer algorithm that plagues EQD Music.

That was just an idea for Pony.fm. I'm not entirely sure if a prelistening group is even possible.

Edited by CarbonMaestro

The threads DusK linked to are well worth your time. An awesome music featuring system is something I'd love to see on Pony.fm, but it'll require a fairly large community to exist on the site in order to be worthwhile. Active artists, judges, and listeners alike are needed to submit, review, and listen to music. The launch of the beta is a huge step toward that, as the site is now open for all the world to see.

Apart from the above, I'm also working on improvements to the automated "popular tracks" list, especially to keep tracks from staying on it and hogging the space for too long. That way, it'll be more of a "trending" list than a real top 20.