Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Pawn in their Hand

qqq

The pegasus nodded. "Exactly what she said. If you find Luna, you will go down in history. You'll be rich beyond your wildest dreams. Just remember, it's quite cold in the mountains. You might want to take a coat."

The pegasus thought for a minute.

"You have every right to be worried about this journey. As you said, anything that can deal with an Alicorn can is certainly a force to be reckoned with. Before any of you go, make sure to be prepared and be certain you want to go. I wish any of you who go the best of luck."

Without saying anything to the others, Standoff walked off to his hideout. He grabbed a medium pack and filled it to the brim with food. Then, almost as an afterthought, he dug a large, heavy shield out from behind a chair. He rattled it, grinned, and went to find the others.

Roto put the button into his jacket pocket. “A halo does not have to fall far to become a noose.” He said. “My name is Roto. I specialize in the arts of alteration and coercion.” He gave a short bow and a grin. “I don’t care about your princess, but I still choose to accompany you. The deed means nothing to me, but neither does a missed opportunity.”

"I am sure you will decide whether it's worth or not on the way."

She took off her spellbook attached to some chain and hanged it over her neck. She moved her hoof over it, as the pages flipped one by one while she was looking at them. 

"Everything seems to be in order." She continued looking through her backpack. We need to stock some food, in case this journey takes longer than we imagined.

"I'm afraid I won't be accompanying you. Somepony has to tell the other towns, villages and cities what has happened." the pegasus said. "I can give you something though."

The pegasus pulled a pouch out of his saddlebags.

"There should be 25 bits in there. That should keep you going if you run into a situation in the Crystal Empire. I'd recommended heading there first and getting settled before you start investigating. The choice is up to you."

@, "Wait... i would like to ask a question. How come you know all of this? Who sent you to inform the villages? Or are you self-emplyed? May we have your name at least before you depart?" She said starting now to rain him with questions that she had been meaning to ask but was too busy before.

Roto prepared a small bag with dehydrated food, water purifier, a rolled up mat and a few matches. It was lightweight and all he needed. He had no weapons and no clothes aside from his green trench coat and leather shoes.

"I've been on journeys like this before, but never with companions." he said while looking at Selune. "This should be interesting, but that is all it promises."

(edited)

"I was in the Crystal Empire. The news has spread like wildfire round there and I decided that rather than panicking I should go and inform others. No one sent me but everypony else was busy being manic so I guess I took up the role of informant. Oh and the name's Jetstorm. Pleasure to meet you."

Edited by Sir. Loin

"Well, Jetstorm." Roto said rudely. "You've served your purpose and thus your usefulness is spent. This remedial task suits you. Now fly away and continue your errand. As for the rest of you, lead on, follow, or get out of the way.” He strapped his saddlebag on and tapped the ground twice.

Fair enough i guess.@, Now is everyone accounted for and ready? Why don't you write here... *she opens her notebook and turns into a blank page.*... your names? I am thinking of writting a journal about our story. I like to write down what happens just in case something happens to us or so i can tell the stories to my friends.

Thought Shaper says "So it looks like we should be going now". "I just need to pack my spell books and some food and I can be off.

"What's the fastest why to the crystal empire I wonder".  Also are we all going together or not". "well I don't want to go with any of you

rude pony's. It would be safest if we all stay together. Also dose any one have a good idea right where luna disappeared?" In this quest to

find her time could be important who knows what has happened to her and if we had a better idea of right where she vanished that could

help out a lot. How much do we really know each other this will be dangerous I need to know that I can trust you and

so far I have no reason to. 

Edited by King Brony

“Trust is not a relative concept.” Roto said. “It is only used by those who don’t have it, it is only given to those who don’t need it.” He turned to Selune. “See how I give something I do not possess to someone who does not need it. I am Roto, mage of alteration and master of coercion. I offer to give my services in exchange for your own.”

Thought Shaper says "So it looks like we should be going now". "I just need to pack my spell books and some food and I can be off.

"What's the fastest why to the crystal empire I wonder".  Also are we all going together or not". "well I don't want to go with any of you

rude pony's. It would be safest if we all stay together. Also dose any one have a good idea right where luna disappeared?" In this quest to

find her time could be important who knows what has happened to her and if we had a better idea of right where she vanished that could

help out a lot. How much do we really know each other this will be dangerous I need to know that I can trust you and

so far I have no reason to. 

Fair enough i guess.@, Now is everyone accounted for and ready? Why don't you write here... *she opens her notebook and turns into a blank page.*... your names? I am thinking of writting a journal about our story. I like to write down what happens just in case something happens to us or so i can tell the stories to my friends.

Standoff turned the corner at a light jog, and came to a stop in front of the group. "Alright, the heavy's ready. Who's this gob?" He looked at Roto, and then walked a circle around him. "Am I the only one useful in a fight here? No offense to you, you're nice." Standoff inclined his head to the mage (I have no clue what your name is, and I'm guessing it's not She)

@@King Brony

Edit/update:Selune starts casting a spell her horn encased within a white glow. Her eyes swirl with the same magical power as she seems to be looking into the beyond. After some time she comes back and the magic stops. It appears the princess was headed to The Crystal Empire from Canterlot. She disappeared in The Crystal Mountains, an area near the Crystal Empire. I suggest if you ponies do want to go there you get prepared. 

"We all have a different set of skills that i believe we will find apropriate use."

"Co-operation is the key... and handling our resources correct will help. If we find a way i believe our forces can synergize togother. The possibilities are endless, thats for sure."

So are we going to go now or what? .Also @Pretty Koenma  Your welcome not to come I could take you on any day "mage of alteration and master of coercion".  Any way I am ready to get on the train and get out of here who is coming with me? I say starting to walk away.

So are we going to go now or what? .Also @Pretty Koenma  Your welcome not to come I could take you on any day "mage of alteration and master of coercion".  Any way I am ready to get on the train and get out of here who is coming with me? I say starting to walk away.

Standoff turned the corner at a light jog, and came to a stop in front of the group. "Alright, the heavy's ready. Who's this gob?" He looked at Roto, and then walked a circle around him. "Am I the only one useful in a fight here? No offense to you, you're nice." Standoff inclined his head to the mage (I have no clue what your name is, and I'm guessing it's not She)

Roto chuckled lightly at the stream of insults he had been given. He lifted his left front hoof in front of his nose. His horn glowed bright green and surrounded his leg. An extension grew out of his forehoof in the shape of a sickle blade. It was as hard as steel and as sharp as a real sword. “Why train to be the best when you can have one of these?”

The pegasus overheard discussion of taking a train to the Crystal Empire and decided to dip in with some info.

"If you're taking a train I'd get galloping. Last train leaves in 10 minutes. Maintenance on all the lines. Good luck!" the pegasus said as he shot of into the distance.

The crowd dispersed and returned do their homes now that they knew a team was on the job. The streets were now quiet and bare.

"Okay, here's the deal. I highly doubt any of you could take more than a few gentle taps, so leave the heroics to me. One of us should carry the medicine. I'm already on food duty, so it can't be me. You wanna draw straws for it, or what? Come on, quickly now. You heard about the train."

"Oh no... i volunteer. With the kindness you all ponies have shown, i doubt we would have any time between fighting on who will go and who will spend bits and stuff. I already have a first aid-kit. Go do what you will and i will meet you there. I won't take long." she says as she dashes off to look for medicine leaving them. 

Whilst talking you hear a train whistle in the background and a giant shout.

"Final call for the train to the Crystal Empire. All aboard! Departure in 5 minutes."

Several ponies scramble of towards the train station, clearly running late for their journey. In the midst of the scramble, an elderly mare screams as loud as she can. "Thief! Get him!" A brown stallion can be seen galloping away at high speed in the opposite direction to the train station.

Oh look a thief. One of the things I hate most. Thief's are the plague of civilization spreading lies and treachery every where they go. On the bright side soon there should be one fewer" Thought Shaper lowers his horn as a black glow begins to surround it. Then a beam of blackness shots out of it towards the thief.

The beam hit the stallion in the back left leg, causing it to seize up and send him into a screaming faceplant. The elderly mare walked over to him and gave a kick to his side. She reclaimed that which had been stolen, a small copper ring. She then trotted towards Thought Shaper and said "Ooh. Thank you! This ring took me weeks to get. Here, you take it. You deserve it more than I do."

Selune returned rushing just in time to see the scene. She stopped for a moment gasping with air. "Are you alright Thought Sharper? I am sorry i didn't arrive earlier. I wish i could have helped. I believe we should hurry and call the others. We wouldn't want to be late."

"Thank you very much but I have no need of your ring it is yours any way"

Your right Selune we should get going. You can get the other ponys if you want but I am getting on the train I cant miss it. I hope that you

can make it you seem to be the only kind one at all in this group of thugs.

"Thank you very much but I have no need of your ring it is yours any way"

"No please, I insist. I hear it's a magical ring. Once belonged to an adventurer they say." the mare said. "But regardless of that, I hope you stay safe on your journey. Let's hope you find the problem and beat it quickly. But run along now, you might miss the train!"