Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sun or Moon

Gourgeist

Sun and moon debate  

128 users have voted

1. 1. Sun or Moon?

• Sun
    • Moon

I love the moon and I always have and mos likely always will. I can't explain why but I have always been drawn to it and the night. Sure the sun has its perks but at the same time its just an eye sore. Give me the the light of the moon anytime hee

I <3 the moon its nice to look at and has a lot of star around it to make it look even more pretty. It also calming to me its what takes my fears away.

Its like nature's night light. I know when I was younger and still afraid of the dark.....well still kind of afraid of the dark, when the moon was out I slept better.

I choose the Moon.

Logically it is both that work in harmony that bring us life to this planet, we couldn't survive without either one but I choose the moon because I'm illogically fascinated with the moon and many of its aspects and ideologies both real and imaginary.

That's why I love Luna so much over Celestia.

besides... every try and stand on the sun? *SPF 3-Billion*

(edited)

The moon. I spend most of my waking hours (11 AM - 1 PM to 3-4 AM errday) during the night, and I always thought the moon and the night sky in general were pretty/relaxing to look at.

The sun, however, is annoying. Makes things hot. Unless it's winter. Then I'm like, "God damnit, it's a bright sunny day, why isn't it all hot and shit? I don't care if the Earth is tilted away from the sun or that the planet is actually slightly farther away during winter - if it's a bright sunny day, it should be hot, not cold as hell (oxymoron, roll with it)! I'm not a Nord! I don't have 50% frost resistance!"

All joking aside, while I appreciate the sun's necessities to our continued existence, and the tans that it brings during summer time, I just don't like it as much as the moon.

Edited by HandMan

tumblr_ml48xy33mb1s0hia6o1_250.gif

I like both the moon and sun.

The sun is something that makes us happy and fills us up with energy and gives us light and life! mlp-pcontent.png

However, we do need a time to rest. That's where the moon comes in. The moon might not motivate us to go outside, but rather its sheer beauty is just lovely to look at. mlp-swcute.png

• 1 year later...

I picked moon, and moon has the most votes, yay!

I enjoy the moon simply because we can actually stare at it without hurting our eyes, and it's surrounded by the stars in the background. It's also historic, man landed on the moon itself, creating an imprint (physical imprints as well).

I also love the moon because I love Luna! She's the night! <3

I'd have to pick both.

The sun gives light, warmth, and happiness to others!(: Though I don't like how I get sunburns when I'm on the beach plus it hurts your eyes. It's the worst when you're driving and you can't see because you don't have sunglasses. :/

The moon is beautiful to look at plus I love to see the stars when they're visible. However, I don't like the dark a whole lot.

(edited)

The Sun is more mysterious because we'll never be able to walk there, unlike the Moon, plus it's vital.

But I'll pick the Moon, it's more beautiful, I prefer the night, and I hate the Sun when it's too hot.

Edited by Blobulle

This is the first poll where I really find myself unable to vote. I love and admire the sun. Love for its warmth and because I like sunny days and the beautiful shimmering glow of the sunset (and it reminds me of Sunset Shimmer, obviously), admire for its massive power. Just glance at it for an instant and marvel at the sheer power it needs to produce for us to feel that heat. Marvel at its size, for it to be so big at this distance.

I love the moon for its phases and its soothing light, that even though it doesn't warm you still makes you feel better. I love it for its light that can be so melancholy as well, even though it's the same light. I admire it because it has shielded the Earth from so much debris over time, probably mostly in the early days of the planet, but still.

I don't have a single preference out of these two. I really don't.

• 3 weeks later...

I love both. If either one of them were absent, or even slightly different from the way they are, life would either be nonexistent on this planet or it would certainly not be life as we understand it.

I'm more of a sun person. There are many things about it we haven't learn from it yet. Not just that, but the sun gives light and warmth, which is much needed for every living thing. I'm also interested in what'll happen to the sun in the future, as well as the mythology around it.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

Moon, I don’t like the brightness and the heat from the sun. Warmth is good but I prefer night. The moon is more prettier and romantic.  Moreover, you can at least stare at it and be awe by its beauty.