Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Suggestion: Email Notifications?

ReGen

This is just something little. Y'know how SoundCloud has an option to send you an email every time someone likes one of your songs, follows you, comments, etc.? I think Pony.fm should do something like that. I check my email frequently so this would be pretty handy. :)

• Brohoof 2

I'm not opposed to adding some email notifications to Pony.fm. Almost every socially-oriented site does it. :P

Are there any specific notification types you'd like to see email notifications for (ie. comments, new followers, your track being favourited, etc.), or should every single notification type simply be available in email form?

Moreover, I take it that granular control over which notifications you do and do not receive emails for would be desirable? While I don't plan to make the on-site notifications customizable, it does make sense for the email-based ones. Only worry is whether anyone kight have trouble finding and/or understanding the email notifs, which seems to be a common theme here on MLP Forums. Then again, IP.Board isn't exactly intuitive with its notifs in the first place... :P

Yeah, I agree with what Feld said. I actually implemented a very similar system in the past: http://puu.sh/2JHp1.jpg

For every type of notification, you could enable/disable it - and set the email notifications to happen immediately, in an hourly batch, a daily batch or not at all.

Edited by nlaq

Are there any specific notification types you'd like to see email notifications for (ie. comments, new followers, your track being favourited, etc.), or should every single notification type simply be available in email form?

Yeeeaaah... If I could just get email notifications for new followers and comments, that'd be greeaaat.

I was gonna follow this up with a pick of Bill Lumbergh, which would have been hilarious, but for some reason, .jpg is a disallowed image extension here. So you'll just have to use your imagination.