Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Pony D&D, anyone? [redux]

Card Shark

Bingo. I'd love to play them eventually, but for now until everyone has the basics, no. Besides, there's gonna be a good while until we would encounter such bitches. They are wicked and vile beasts, who don't need to lift a finger to break you. Evil, evil little things.

In my first playthrough of Baldur's Gate i played as an undead hunter. Honestly so long as mages have mirror image, stoneskin, protection from magic weapons and such we're fine. Negative plane protection also helps. A cleric with turn undead also helps. Plus casting sunray always helps regardless of undead or not cause it blinds everyone. To be honest the only class i havent played single on my main is... thief... yes thief... i never liked a thief that wasnt dual-multi classed into a fighter or a mage.

@: Never played a thief, eh? I've been torn between rolling up a fighter type earth pony and a pegasus thief, myself. I've heard that thieves can flank opponents for absurd amounts of damage, even dishing out more damage than actual fighters, so...I think I might go with that. As long as my comrades do their best to set me up for flank attacks, I can be useful! img-1414578-1-biggrin.png

EDIT: Okay, after reading the Class section of the manual, I've decided my character:

Race: Pegasus (Halfling)

Class: Rogue

Alignment: Chaotic good

Bio: Raised by an adoptive family of earth ponies in a rural agricultural town, [no-name] has always been rebellious by nature. This was due in part to his upbringing; being the only pegasus in a slough of earth ponies had always made him feel quite alienated, especially in a culture that favored the traditional back-breaking labor of a farmer over the aerial talents of winged equines such as himself. Resultingly, [no-name] often acted out and came to hold authority figures in the highest disdain.

One day the young stallion left the farm, proclaiming his independence - "If anyone objects, then just try and catch me!" - before flying off at top speed. He eventually fell in with a small time band of petty thieves, where he quickly became quite the sticky-hooved bandit. This stint ended however when the opportunistic [no-name] decided that he had milked the group for all it was worth, and left to pursue a more lucrative, one-pony show as a lone thief.

In recent years, [no-name] has become increasingly wistful and full of remorse for having so selfishly abandoned his loving family - whom, he recently found, has long since abandoned his childhood home on the farm. Pickpocketing and other such larceny has slowly begun to lose its meaning, and [no-name]'s mind has become consumed with learning about the fate of his family...and perhaps making amends, should he ever be able to locate them.

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 1

@: Never played a thief, eh? I've been torn between rolling up a fighter type earth pony and a pegasus thief, myself. I've heard that thieves can flank opponents for absurd amounts of damage, even dishing out more damage than actual fighters, so...I think I might go with that. As long as my comrades do their best to set me up for flank attacks, I can be useful! img-1414578-1-biggrin.png

EDIT: Okay, after reading the Class section of the manual, I've decided my character:

Bio: (I'll think of one later...how in-depth should we go with bios, by the way?)

Glad you asked. Bio can be as long as you want it. I just need a back story and alignment. just no marysue BS please.

For now, I'm waiting to see what holes the party needs filled, but I'm probably going to go Cleric or Druid. I'm indecisive though, so I'll probably just end up doing whatever the party needs.

Glad to see people stepping up for cleric, usually I had to throw in a cleric npc. Can make a mean build though... lol.

Bio: (I'll think of one later...how in-depth should we go with bios, by the way?)

For your information i ended up dual-classing my Sarevok to thief and assasination ended up dishing multiple backstabs of over 100 dmg to my opponents. Have fun! Anyways... i will most likely be a half-elf if you ask me! Or some gnome cleric/mage class. Or else i will go tank cleric/fighter with a shield charging the front keeping everyone alive.

• Brohoof 1

I'm thinking Unicorn wizard, conjurer specifically. (Dropping Enchantment and Evocation to specialize in conjuration ) I might play a cleric though if we end up needing one. 

Alignment: Chaotic Good. Does the right thing whenever he can, but in his own way.

Back story: (Just making this up real quick.) Came from a moderately wealthy merchant family, and as such, had time and wealth to pursue his studies He was admitted into magic schools, where he dedicated years to learning the arcane arts. He shone the brightest in conjuration, becoming the top conjurer in his class, and managedd to summon a celestial owl before others could even summon more than maybe half a being. However, enchantment was very difficult for him, and he never touched evocation, seeing it as too simplistic.). After he learned enough to be considered a true wizard, he, along with his sister, decided to head out on trade caravans, as he made a living both through trade and through his studies abroad. But this life has gotten boring for him. He seeks out adventure, suffering from wanderlust. He decided to leave the trading business, and head out for adventure, leaving his friends and family behind in search for a new, more fun life.

Please, let me know if I missed anything. I'm going to start filling out a character sheet now.

Edited by Brosparkles

I'm thinking Unicorn wizard, conjurer specifically. (Dropping Enchantment and Necromancy to specialize in conjuration ) I might play a cleric though if we end up needing one.

A question regarding this choice, however, is how you deal with spell components.

Alignment: Chaotic Good. Does the right thing whenever he can, but in his own way.

Back story: (Just making this up real quick.) Came from a moderately wealthy merchant family, and as such, had time and wealth to pursue his studies He was admitted into magic schools, where he dedicated years to learning the arcane arts. He shone the brightest in conjuration, becoming the top conjurer in his class. However, enchantment was very difficult for him, and he never touched necromancy, no wanting to be put under the stigma of a necromancer. After he learned enough to be considered a true wizard, he, along with his sister, decided to head out on trade caravans, as he made a living both through trade and through his studies abroad. But this life has gotten boring for him. He seeks out adventure, suffering from wanderlust. He decided to leave the trading business, and head out for adventure, leaving his friends and family behind in search for a new, more fun life.

Please, let me know if I missed anything. I'm going to start filling out a character sheet now.

First things first:

Probably not going to need another cleric, but I will definitely accept a wizard. I think the way this is looking, we've got a rogue, a cleric, a wizard (with you) and bard(?). We need meat, fighter classes.

Components. You must have the components to cast a spell, or the spell will fizzle. They will be easy to come by.

Bio, we have a showoff.

First things first:

Probably not going to need another cleric, but I will definitely accept a wizard. I think the way this is looking, we've got a rogue, a cleric, a wizard (with you) and bard(?). We need meat, fighter classes.

Components. You must have the components to cast a spell, or the spell will fizzle. They will be easy to come by.

Bio, we have a showoff.

Thanks, just wanted to know about the component situation, some DM's  have different rules about it. I was only suggesting cleric if Alex decided against it. I do agree that a B.S.F would be preferable with our current party status.

Any special rules about stats, money, etc.that I should know? Or should I wait for character creation till others are ready? (Sorry, not trying to seem impatient, just excited.)

Edited by Brosparkles

Yeah lol almost everyone is down to put a cleric in. Spot's going to be filled if it KILLS IT! MWA HAHA *Hack cough cough*

Also; dafuq is B.S.F?

Big Stupid Fighter. (But don't let him know I said it, he might get angry, and I'd have to kill him with fire.)

Edited by Brosparkles
  • Brohoof 1

If the other person who I can't remember who they are at the moment but they also wanted to be a cleric does go cleric, then I'm probably going to be a fighter or something similar. I was also thinking about monk, but they don't tank as well as fighters and paladins do.

Alright, so I started writing a bio...and clearly, I just couldn't stop. blink.png

Hope it's okay that I gave him a sort of "side goal" for the quest ahead, I've always heard DMs love it when give them plenty of material to work with, so...there you go! (Tried not to Sue it up...he's actually really quite a jackass, now I think about it.)

Alignment: Chaotic good

Bio: Raised by an adoptive family of earth ponies in a rural agricultural town, [no-name] has always been rebellious by nature. This was due in part to his upbringing; being the only pegasus in a slough of earth ponies had always made him feel quite alienated, especially in a culture that favored the traditional back-breaking labor of a farmer over the aerial talents of winged equines such as himself. Resultingly, [no-name] often acted out and came to hold authority figures in the highest disdain.

One day the young stallion left the farm, proclaiming his independence - "If anyone objects, then just try and catch me!" - before flying off at top speed. He eventually fell in with a small time band of petty thieves, where he quickly became quite the sticky-hooved bandit. This stint ended however when the opportunistic [no-name] decided that he had milked the group for all it was worth, and left to pursue a more lucrative, one-pony show as a lone thief.

In recent years, [no-name] has become increasingly wistful and full of remorse for having so selfishly abandoned his loving family - whom, he recently found, has long since abandoned his childhood home on the farm. Pickpocketing and other such larceny has slowly begun to lose its meaning, and [no-name]'s mind has become consumed with learning about the fate of his family...and perhaps making amends, should he ever be able to locate them.

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 1

If the other person who I can't remember who they are at the moment but they also wanted to be a cleric does go cleric, then I'm probably going to be a fighter or something similar. I was also thinking about monk, but they don't tank as well as fighters and paladins do.

Our changeling was looking at cleric, so you two can duke it out. That being said, however, you did say something about cleric first.

Alright, so I started writing a bio...and clearly, I just couldn't stop. img-1418417-1-blink.png

Hope it's okay that I gave him a sort of "side goal" for the quest ahead, I've always heard DMs love it when give them plenty of material to work with, so...there you go! (Tried not to Sue it up...he's actually really quite a jackass, now I think about it.)

Beautiful. Now work up a character sheet and send it to me. I do like the rebellious streak. Should be able to send it via message but if you need my email, let me know.

I can be the "stupid" fighter, though I'm more likely to make Charisma my primary dump stat. Really, if I usually played in groups where anyone else was willing to be a cleric I would probably end up that way most often; I hate preparing spells and I'm not enthusiastic about having high Charisma even if it's just because I need it for spells.

I don't have a character prepared though, and I'd rather know at least some of the specifics of the setting before I make a real bio (not that I'm great at making bios anyway...) For example, what are the Griffon Kingdoms like in your mind? That's most likely the race I'll choose, but there's a huge difference between an aggressive culture with authority enforced through violence, and a heavy military state with strict rules and traditions, where everyone is a soldier even if they're not a fighter. On the other hand, it does say Kingdoms, so it could be a fragmented, even feudal system supporting a full range between the two extremes, or perhaps just two major powers representing the absolute extremes.

Heck, who says it has to actually be militaristic? Even if Griffons have exceptional strength and combat prowess, most may train themselves primarily for discipline, to focus that strength into productive tasks and keep society civilized, perhaps as acknowledgement of a less pleasant past and an effort to be more accepted by the other races. All kinds of ideas are possible, and the only info we have from the show is Gilda, who could be ostracized due to her disrespectful and reckless attitude, or could be a fairly normal representation of what is expected. For all I know, you prefer to spell it Griffin, or Gryphon; from what I know of the English language, you could probably produce evidence for it being spelled jroghen based on the pronunciation.

... tl;dr gimme all the infoz.

I can be the "stupid" fighter, though I'm more likely to make Charisma my primary dump stat. Really, if I usually played in groups where anyone else was willing to be a cleric I would probably end up that way most often; I hate preparing spells and I'm not enthusiastic about having high Charisma even if it's just because I need it for spells.

I don't have a character prepared though, and I'd rather know at least some of the specifics of the setting before I make a real bio (not that I'm great at making bios anyway...) For example, what are the Griffon Kingdoms like in your mind? That's most likely the race I'll choose, but there's a huge difference between an aggressive culture with authority enforced through violence, and a heavy military state with strict rules and traditions, where everyone is a soldier even if they're not a fighter. On the other hand, it does say Kingdoms, so it could be a fragmented, even feudal system supporting a full range between the two extremes, or perhaps just two major powers representing the absolute extremes.

Heck, who says it has to actually be militaristic? Even if Griffons have exceptional strength and combat prowess, most may train themselves primarily for discipline, to focus that strength into productive tasks and keep society civilized, perhaps as acknowledgement of a less pleasant past and an effort to be more accepted by the other races. All kinds of ideas are possible, and the only info we have from the show is Gilda, who could be ostracized due to her disrespectful and reckless attitude, or could be a fairly normal representation of what is expected. For all I know, you prefer to spell it Griffin, or Gryphon; from what I know of the English language, you could probably produce evidence for it being spelled jroghen based on the pronunciation.

... tl;dr gimme all the infoz.

Gryffon kingdoms, eh? I figure they would be very Norse. Instead of a single kingdom, its several kingships, though they are similar enough in structure. To fight is to earn your respect, so gilda would have been ostracized for NOT being in a fight at that one party. Each person could be something else like a farmer, or anything else, but before that, they are warriors for their king. And for arguments sake, each of the kingships spells it differently.

And life will be hell for you if you decide to "dump" in a stat. We don't do that here. I'll show you how we roll. ;D

Our changeling was looking at cleric, so you two can duke it out. That being said, however, you did say something about cleric first.

I don't particularly want to be cleric, really, but someone has to. I don't care if it's me or another player, so I'll leave it to them. 

• Brohoof 1

Beautiful. Now work up a character sheet and send it to me. I do like the rebellious streak. Should be able to send it via message but if you need my email, let me know.

Cleric or Paladin i dont really mind... so long as zombie ponies get dunked by me! XD Anyways... i can adapt to your needs guys. But the certain thing is that i will need help on my char sheet. Maybe talk with someone on skype?

Cleric or Paladin i dont really mind... so long as zombie ponies get dunked by me! XD Anyways... i can adapt to your needs guys. But the certain thing is that i will need help on my char sheet. Maybe talk with someone on skype?

I can help you with your character sheet. I have classes later this morning, but I'll be available in the afternoon, or all day tomorrow.

I can help you with your character sheet. I have classes later this morning, but I'll be available in the afternoon, or all day tomorrow.

Message me here or here https://www.facebook.com/DarkKnightsOfQueenChrysalis?ref=tn_tnmn

I will be available for logging into skype for faster convo my user is dionysiosbbbb

Gryffon kingdoms, eh? I figure they would be very Norse. Instead of a single kingdom, its several kingships, though they are similar enough in structure. To fight is to earn your respect, so gilda would have been ostracized for NOT being in a fight at that one party. Each person could be something else like a farmer, or anything else, but before that, they are warriors for their king. And for arguments sake, each of the kingships spells it differently.

And life will be hell for you if you decide to "dump" in a stat. We don't do that here. I'll show you how we roll. ;D

I'll keep this quick since my browser is having issues with this page: I can work with that info, probably just stick to Griffon since my spell-check agrees, and "dump" is a relative term.

• Brohoof 1