Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Pony D&D, anyone? [redux]

Card Shark

I've read the dragonlance books before, but didn't know there were campaign rules for it. Interesting. Only ever worked with Minotaur in one adventure I made, there was a Minotaur enemy.(Along with changelings.)

Also, it isn't too late to change my specialization, is it? I'm going to drop evocation instead of necromancy.

I've got a character sheet made up, let me know if there are some house rules I missed, but I think i got it all.

Character Sheet-http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=561149

Spellbook-https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MTlAhGwBXvD0GWYg6ddIht6rtJdvONELYvMTKkLfPQs/edit

Well done. Since the change is on this char sheet, it's good. Once the sheet gets to me complete, no more changes.

First character sheet in: Unicorn wizard.

5 spots remaining.

(edited)

@@Card Shark, Alright you guys have time to join me in creating the character sheet of my ranger? Because i'll be walking blind and doing crazy things and will end up being underpowered. 

I can offer some help as to how to fill it out, and I know how a Ranger works, but it really depends on what you're trying to get out of your character. (Especially Rangers, they're versatile.)

Edited by Brosparkles

Are you guys full up? I'd love to join. Of course, since you already have a Pegasus rogue I suppose Heart's Desire can take a back seat and I'll create someone else. 

Let's see if I can't give you a hand with this:

@@Card Shark,

I think you might have missed this. They can join can't they? 

Ok, so firstly, there is room, and second, for stats, your roll 4 six sided dice, take away the lowest number, add the rest together, and that's a stat. Do that 6 times, and there you go. If you don't want the numbers you roll, you can re roll, but you have to roll all stats again. Money is defined by class, at the first page of ch 7, equipment.

@@Card Shark

A couple things I want to check on before I make my character sheet: Firstly, can we use feats, spells, and/or domains from the non-core rule books? Because as a cleric, that would open up a lot more options for me. Second of all, what do you want us to do about languages? Should we just skip that part? Finally, do you mind if I use the variant form of cleric that has smite evil instead of turn undead? Because I vastly prefer smiting to turning, and I think it would fit my character better, as he has a tendency to go knight templar on people.

I think that for the most part my sheet is done. I need only to fix the possesions and weapons. So if anyone wants to help i'll be up in Skype so you can talk to me.

@azure flame

Once I hit a computer I will be able to check the sheet.

@Alex Kennedy

Which books will you be using?

Screw languages we all speak pony.

Pally smites, cleric turns. Choice is yours.

@azure flame

Once I hit a computer I will be able to check the sheet.

@Alex Kennedy

Which books will you be using?

Screw languages we all speak pony.

Pally smites, cleric turns. Choice is yours.

There is a variant cleric that smites. It's in Unearthed Arcana, I think. See here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#cleric

Cleric

Some clerics prefer to be champions of good (or evil), standing at the forefront of the battle against the enemy.

Gain

Smite evil, if the cleric would normally channel positive energy, or smite good, if the cleric would normally channel negative energy (as paladin); aura of courage (as paladin).

Lose

Turn undead.

And the other books I would be using are the Complete Divine, Complete Adventurer, and The Book of Exalted Deeds. There are some feats in Complete Adventurer that really should have been core, especially bard stuff (which I don't need for myself, since I'm not a bard, but I could share it with others)

Are you guys full up? I'd love to join. Of course, since you already have a Pegasus rogue I suppose Heart's Desire can take a back seat and I'll create someone else. 

You probably didn't notice because he barely addressed it, but the DM did say there's room for you.

@@Card Shark,

Got my character ready to go: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=563218 

Alignment is Lawful Good.

Backstory: Born in Canterlot to a family that was poor in gold but rich in faith, Pureheart is one of a long line of religious zealots in his family. As a disciple of Heironeous, he seeks to fight evil and injustice, but despite his eagerness, has never really had the chance. Until such a time comes when he will get that chance, he spends his days spreading the teachings of Heironeous to anyone who will listen. He tries to embody the analects of Heironeous with everything he does, as well as striving to improve himself as a warrior in preparation for the time when he will be called upon to fight evil in the name of The Invincible.

so using the other guy as my example i think i did it right idk can someone check for me

Character Sheet- http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=562934

Spellbook- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DirGMN3b2AAtmgyaq3NiHNi3S5c6o71UkI2vJelqJNw/edit

finally fin a so so backstory for my character

Backstory: grew up in a orphanage in Trottingham, when the children fin chores around then orphanage the staff allow the orphans to go in to town till dinner. During those breaks Symphony's favorite thing to do was go to the town square where all the minstrels and street performers performed and watched them. one day he found a broken mandolin in the garbage and decided to fix it. after he finished fixed it he stated practice playing slow he learn to play it and did little performances at orphanage and eventually the town square for fun. and once he was too old for the orphanage to take care of him he took to the road to share his music all over equestria

(edited)

@@Alex Kennedy, , @Brosparkles

Seems all your character sheets are formatted totally different than the PDF one I filled out...am I missing something here, fellas? Or does it really not matter which one we use one way or the other?

Edited by Lowline

Seems all your character sheets are formatted totally different than the PDF one I filled out...am I missing something here, fellas? Or does it really not matter which one we use one way or the other?

. I have used Myth Weavers for a while. and it looks like they are too. It's just a different format that works online. Both of them work equally as well.

finally fin a so so backstory for my character

Backstory: grew up in a orphanage in Trottingham, when the children fin chores around then orphanage the staff allow the orphans to go in to town till dinner. During those breaks Symphony's favorite thing to do was go to the town square where all the minstrels and street performers performed and watched them. one day he found a broken mandolin in the garbage and decided to fix it. after he finished fixed it he stated practice playing slow he learn to play it and did little performances at orphanage and eventually the town square for fun. and once he was too old for the orphanage to take care of him he took to the road to share his music all over equestria

Is your sheet set to private or something? I can't see your sheet or spellbook. Maybe it's just an error on my end, but it says I cannot access them

• Brohoof 1

well i did it cause it was easier to fill it on a website then just post the link once im done than uploading or email a pdf

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I just used myth weavers because it seemed like everyone else was. That, and it does a lot of the math and such for you, so it saves time.

Edited by Alex Kennedy
  • Brohoof 1

. I have used Myth Weavers for a while. and it looks like they are too. It's just a different format that works online. Both of them work equally as well.

Is your sheet set to private or something? I can't see your sheet or spellbook. Maybe it's just an error on my end, but it says I cannot access them

sorry i for got to chick the eye for public view for the sheet silly me XD and same problem with the spell book here the the public link for the spellbook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DirGMN3b2AAtmgyaq3NiHNi3S5c6o71UkI2vJelqJNw/edit?usp=sharing

In that case, I think I might transfer my information over onto one of those sheets as they seem slightly more dynamic than the PDF one, in terms of how all the information is grouped and such.

(edited)

You probably didn't notice because he barely addressed it, but the DM did say there's room for you.

Haha, I did miss that! Thank you very much! I'll get to work on a character right away. What are we still in need of? I see a rogue, cleric, wizard, and ranger. So... big stupid warrior type?

Edited by MoonFeather

Haha, I did miss that! Thank you very much! I'll get to work on a character right away. What are we still in need of? I see a rogue, cleric, wizard, and ranger. So... big stupid warrior type?

That's what I was going to be, but I don't really have my character formed yet. In theory we could probably use, say, a Barbarian AND a Fighter, but really just do whatever you want.

As for times I am available, I should be available any weekday past 3pm, and saturday. I have another group on sunday at 3pm, so that day might not work.