Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388437/

Operation VALKYRIE,

I saw recently with my father. Not that silly Hollywood Tom Cruise film. Original German voices 'n all. Starring Sebastian Koch, never heard of him you say? Well me neither! Contrary to the 6.8/10 IMDB has given it I liked it a lot more than the Tom Cruise rendition, it was a more realistic portrayal of the heroic event and I really felt for poor Oberst Stauffenberg. With the Tom Cruise version I honestly felt like I was watching Tom Cruise with an eyepatch xD and not Oberst Stauffenberg.

In all, good movie, German, I assume hard to find. (not sure I got it from the holidays as a gift.) If you know your history well enough then you'll be aware that this is not a happy ending. It tugs heartstrings for sure!

• Brohoof 1

I recently saw The Grey opening weekend with my little brother. Long story short, we ended up seeing the movie for free due to technical difficulties with the first showing, which was both annoying but awesome at the same time..

Edited by PoisonClaw

Last movie I watched was the new Mission Impossible movie, in theaters with friends. Very funny, very action-y, very good overall. My history class watched Operation Valkyrie a few weeks back but I was busy listening to MLP songs on my MP3 player. :lol:

The Ring Two. It sucked balls, first was way better. I did like how they showed samara's backstory, though.

Last movie I saw in theaters was the muppets. Awesome movie :)

I'm seeing phantom menace in 3D on Friday, should be awesome as well.

Edited by Evilshy

I saw War Horse last week. It's a very good film, but there are quite a few sad parts. I also saw the Senna film recently, which is a documentary on the Formula One driver, Aryton Senna. That was also very good.

Edited by Flutterguy
  • Brohoof 2

Last movie I watched in theatres was War Horse and I liked it :) I got Aladdin on dvd. It wasn't as great as I remembered but I still liked it. I'm a big cartoon fan. I need to replace my copy of Princess Mononoke since it's scratched and skips.

*Searched and didn't see another thread like this*

I saw The Grey today.

I really liked it since it didn't follow hollywood conventions.

Especially the ending how he ends up dying, I'm a sucker when movies pull that kind of stuff

I also saw The Grey about a week ago. It was really good! Liam Neeson rocks!

• Brohoof 1

Oh, goodness... I watched "The Human Centipede" on Netflix two nights ago... and I regret it. o_o

:lol:

There's a sequel if you're interested. ;)

I watched The Muppets.

• Brohoof 1