Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

11 hours ago, Hierok said:

I watch Disney's Swan Princess yesterday. :twi: Derek looks like such a snob. 

The Swan Princess was not made by Disney ^^;;

Black Panther:  9/10 

• Brohoof 1

Watched the film Focus with Will Smith, it was kind of entertaining, but more often than not I found myself complaining about how stupid a lot of things were.

Star wars: The last Jedi. 4/10

Spoiler

Terrible movie for a star wars,  lots of  unnecessaries moments  just to make a 2:30 hours movie. The only part that is meh-okay is Kylo/Rey scenes. But I refused to accept that Rey came from a family of nothing. She has to either relate to luke or leia to explained her OP-ness that just come outta the blue. 

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

I saw 'I Kill Giants.' I was officially blown away. I loved that movie so much I can't put it into words. I don't get carried away that often by most movies, but this one knocked it out of the park. The lead actress, Madison Wolfe, gave one of the best performances I've ever seen, and such a fascinating character! I don't want to put out any spoilers, so I'll just recommend going to see this movie and seeing it for yourself. It's now in my top ten all time favorites. I'm going to see it again soon.  

The Departed- Martin Scorsese

IMG_0918.jpg

While not Martin Scorsese's best work (that probably goes to Goodfellas or The Wolf of Wall Street, it is a good, dramatic movie with a solid premise and an all-star cast of characters. Very intense, high stakes flick that kept me engrossed throughout, and the main characters are all captivating, gritty, and downright badass. Leonardo DiCaprio is amazing as always, and the twists and turns of this film along with the A-list acting make it a worthwhile watch! Crime drama centered around the Irish Mob in Boston, great movie. Apparently it is a remake/reimagining of another Hong Kong film, Internal Affairs, but I have not seen it and cannot attest to how well it lives up to its source material.

• Brohoof 1

Johnny English: Reborn (2011). 6.5/10.

220px-Johnny_English_Reborn_Poster.jpg

Overall worse than the original Johnny English movie. Nowhere near as bad as Rotten Tomatoes reviewers would like you to believe (The reviews on that site are almost always blatantly biased one way or another and the one for this movie is no exception). It would serve as an awful spy movie, but as a comedy it works pretty well actually. There were quite a few gags that kept me laughing even after they've done it five times already. But the thing that keeps this movie short of the original is that it tries a bit too hard to be an actual spy movie instead of just keeping it to a comedic satire of other spy movies.