Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

13 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

Incredibles 2 last night.

Same. The theatre I went to was packed. So many people were packing into the theater just for this movie. It's already made almost $500 million at the box office.  

17 minutes ago, TransitPony said:

Same. The theatre I went to was packed. So many people were packing into the theater just for this movie. It's already made almost $500 million at the box office.  

Mine was mostly packed. I had to choose a much later time since the other times were all sold out. It’s refreshing to see a sequel outdo the original. 

• Brohoof 1

Finally watched It Comes At Night. What a horrifically grim movie. The trailers are dumb and I recommend avoiding them because there are scenes they show that are not in proper context. The film itself is fantastic. Extremely tense with great acting, awesome shots and a soundtrack that truly fuels the atmosphere. I recommend it. 

I haven't watched movies in awhile but the last movie I probably watched was Blade Runner 2049.

On 7/1/2018 at 7:28 AM, Oleks said:

Rewatched 1979 Alien. I know it's supposed to be scary, but I found it cute. Not just the Alien - the whole movie.

Did you watch the regular version or the director’s cut? 

2 minutes ago, Lunar Glow said:

Re-watched Red Dwarf; Back To Earth! :wub: Silly, but very entertaining and funny!

Not many ponies here appreciate Red Dwarf like they should. Great British sci-fi show.

The last movie I watched was Your Name. I know I keep watching it but it’s such a great movie. 

• Brohoof 1

I watched the theatric one very long time ago and now I don't remember the difference. But I found the director's cut a bit dragged on at some points.

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Oleks said:

I watched the theatric one very long time ago and now I don't remember the difference. But I found the director's cut a bit dragged on at some points.

A agree that it does drag a bit. The big difference was at the end when 

Spoiler

Ripley finds the bodies of Brett and Dallas and burns them. 

That wasn’t in the theatrical cut.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Ready player one" 4/10

Spoiler

Terrible terrible movie. It's unorganized with a weak story build up. There nothing great about this movie  since it's just a bunch pop culture, corrupted company, economic issues and romance all clustered in one pile of shit. Also no offense, but seeing too much fanboys/girls all in one place at the same time going all "geeky" is a bit overwhelming. 

Edited by TBD

I managed to see a couple of films recently.

Rosemary's Baby - 9/10

Spoiler

I finally managed to see this classic. It's very much my favourite kind of horror film; one that relies on using characters and creepy situations to evoke tension, not cheap jump scares. I also kind of appreciate some of the feminist subtext, even if Roman Polanski turned out to be a monster himself.

Solo: A Star Wars Story - 7/10

Spoiler

I'd argue that it's an underrated film. I much preferred Solo to Rogue One (I'd probably give that film a 6/10). Its plot had more twists and turned, so it was much more suspenseful. In addition, I think there was better chemistry between the characters. Alden Ehrenreich did okay as a young Han Solo; just don't expect him to capture Harrison Ford. Donald Glover is pretty good as Lando.

It's a shame the film didn't perform that well at the box office.