Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

The last movie I watched was Tag.

26 minutes ago, rainbowdashacademy said:

was it as good as the first one no spoilers please I'd loved to see it ?

I think it was just as good as the first movie. It explained a lot of things that the first movie didn't. I definitely recommend it if you want to see the sequel. :) 

Maquia (English dubbed).

It was okay. Beautiful artwork and a decent debut for a first-time director. But it needed some editing to streamline it and make it stronger. The script should be perfect before that much energy is poured into the animation. Still, it was worth looking at.  

Mirai.

I was really looking forward to watching this latest film from one of the better anime directors, Mamoru Hosoda. I immediately liked seeing his familiar sure-handed directing style, but I thought the story was somewhat wanting. It was harmless, but not exactly earth-shattering. 

I also saw Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse, which was surprisingly entertaining. It's actually one of the better super hero movies I've seen in a while. 

Spider-Man:Into the spider-verse. 7/10

I don’t understand what’s the hype about for this animated movie. The plot is weak and the whole team of Spider-Man seems a bit over bearing for one movie. Making it seems very  unnecessary to have 4. Since the newcomers is just there for the hell of it. There is a lack of chemistry of the team. And the only one with a buildup is Peter Parker and miles. The movie will do good anyways without the others. Also the fact that the Ultimate Spider-Man series has already been there done that making it less appealing. The only thing I like is the graphic and the build character for Miles and his growth with his family. It’s a good animation movie, but I seen better.

Edited by TBD

Iron Man 3, 

Tangled,

Action USA. 

I've been working my way through the Iron Man trilogy and enjoyed it a lot. I like them a lot better than the over-bloated superhero movies that have populated recent years. 

Tangled is simply one of my favorite movies of all time. I watch it rather frequently. 

Action USA is a fiesta of explosions, profanity and gratuitous crap from the mid-eighties. It was so unintentionally funny I have to say I enjoyed it quite a lot. 

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Not as great as the first film, but still love it, aside from that b****y singer chick. Indy's a total gentleman to her most of the time and she nearly let's him get killed more than once... For stupid reasons. Indy would deserve better anyways... :ticking:

Nonetheless, a great film. 

Edited by ~Dusky~

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.

I went to view it in cinemas six times over the course of the last week, and it still has yet to lose it's sparkle for me. In my opinion, a brilliant conclusion to the greatest animated film-series ever released up to this point. A bold claim, but I mean every word of it.

Toothless (left) meets a mysterious stranger in 2019âs âHow to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.â â Handout via AFP

Bronson (2008)

A very underrated film, definitely one of Tom Hardy's best performances to date. Everything about the film from it's camera work, lighting, soundtrack and writing just screams gritty and atmospheric. Definitely check it out sometime. :mlp_yay:

Related image

Ralph breaks the Internet 9/10

Very entertaining animation and aspect on the internet. Definitely  better than the first. Now I can't stop imagine myself as this little Mii person surfing around the net.  

"One, Two, Three" (1961) Starring Games Cagney It was a very funny look at Germany just before the wall was built to divide the country. It made me want to drink Coke! At the time, many people thought it was distasteful with the cold war and iron curtain. I found it delightfully zany!  The title refers to the lightning fast pace of the whole movie. It never let's up! Cagney keeps the pace frantic as he juggles assorted deals and catastrophes. I rate it two hooves up!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

• 2 weeks later...