Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

The last movie I watched was The Fugitive. I really liked the movie. It was pretty confusing at parts, but the acting was great overall the movie was great. Yeah, it's pretty old, I just randomly saw it on and watched it

Ithink it was a horror movie, i usally don't watch this kind of movies when i'm alone because i gets so scared but i couldn't sleep so i watched tv i found this movie on a random channel, i think it was Friday the13th part 2, i have already seen it but i still was scared as hell :o

Either Raiders of the Lost Ark or Hancock, I don't remember.

Anyway, Raiders was awesome, like always.

Hancock sucked. The beginning, when he was just an asshole superhero, was funny, but it went downhill fast when the actual plot started :/

I've recently watched "Snow White and the Huntsman". It was okay. It may come from my lack of knowledge of Snow White, or the fact that I've seen movies like these already, like Tim Burton's, Alice and Wonderland. Kristen Stewart did an okay job as the lead. She had good emotions here and there, delivered alright, but she did much better than she did in Twilight. Charlize Theron on the other hand, did an AMAZING job as the evil queen! Had the wickedness and the powerful energy in her lines.

Chris Hemsworth did an somewhat bland job as the Huntsman though. Maybe it comes from my biased disliking of new characters barging into a story like that, but I didn't really enjoy this guy. He was just the bland, very predictable hero in the story, kind of like Peeta in The Hunger Games. His performance seemed cookie-cutter too, but that's expected with a bad cookie-cutter character in general.

So in short, it was good, but I'll probably forget it very soon like Clash Of The Titans.

Thor

I really like this one for some reason. I guess it's the way the worlds are created and designed (Like Asgard, which is a giant mountain city in these clouds in outer space, but then you have Jotunheim, which is a desolate ice planet. Movie logic :P) and that whole Scandinavian mythology thing (I'm Finnish by descent, so this stuff is sorta neat to me :)).

They also have a neat way of interpreting some elements of the whole Norse/Scandinavian/Viking mythology. Like the Bifrost, which Thor says is a "rainbow bridge" but is more like a fucking laser that shoots you through hyperspace ^_^.

I'm still not sure how I remember all this stuff, I guess it's because I have a photographic memory, as some people have described it.

Alien: Resurrection, damn I honestly keep forgetting how awesome those Alien movies are. Now if they could only successfully make a new film in the series I'll be set.

Prometheus...

I honestly have no bloody clue what really happened in that movie. I would relay my reasoning behind the confusion but I don't wish to spoil the movie for anyone who hasn't watched it. It was still an incredibly movie, it just boggled my brain a tad.

Yesterday ..or actually it was today since it was at 4am or something..

Anyways, I watched [rec]2 with some friends. I had already seen it many times and we watched maaaany other movies. But this was the latest one :)

Prometheus. Word of advice if you decide to go watch this movie, just don't expect an action flick like the trailer makes it look or you'll be sorely disappointed.

(edited)

Red Tails.

The extras where terrible actors, but the main characters where pretty good.

The dogfights were AWESOME, and overall it was a decent movie!

Somewhat predictable, but entertaining nonetheless.

Oh, and there were half-a-million references to Star Wars in it. They even reused the Mos Eisley Cantina as an Officers Club.

Prometheus. Word of advice if you decide to go watch this movie, just don't expect an action flick like the trailer makes it look or you'll be sorely disappointed.

People were upset because they thought it was an "Alien" prequel. It's not, it never claimed to be. It's exposition, what do you expect? :P

Personally, I LOVE exposition just as much as the climactic events. No joke. I'm all about the back-story. That's why I hated "The Hunger Games."

Well, that and the fact that the book was decent at best and people tried to tell others that it was the greatest story ever told. Bucking "Avatar" all over again. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Edited by Vinyl Pon3 Scratch

People were upset because they thought it was an "Alien" prequel. It's not, it never claimed to be. It's exposition, what do you expect? :P

Personally, I LOVE exposition just as much as the climactic events. No joke. I'm all about the back-story. That's why I hated "The Hunger Games."

Well, that and the fact that the book was decent at best and people tried to tell others that it was the greatest story ever told. Bucking "Avatar" all over again. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

I suppose what irks me is that the TV promo for the film is really trying to sell it as being directly connected to the "Alien" series. Hell, If it had any connection with the "Alien" films than it was somewhat vague about that.

I suppose what irks me is that the TV promo for the film is really trying to sell it as being directly connected to the "Alien" series. Hell, If it had any connection with the "Alien" films than it was somewhat vague about that.

I don't mean to sound rude, but it was only after the second trailer came out and I had seen it several times before I even realized it was set in the same universe as "Alien." Now, I've only seen "Alien" thrice and "Aliens" I've only ever seen twice (having never seen any other movie in the series) so I might not have picked up on all the references, but I had no idea it was connected to the series until they came out and said it was a expository prequel.

But as I said earlier, I could have just been oblivious to the references.

I only just say Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, and to be honest I was disappointed. It was more of the same really with a cliché plot. Nic Cage was good in it though.