Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens for the second time! I really liked it :D

• Brohoof 2

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015, 10/10)

I won't spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it, so there will be no plot discussion. Damn... was I impressed by this. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan out there, having not enjoyed the prequels trilogy (outside of some moments in Revenge Of The Sith) and while finding the original trilogy enjoyable, wasn't overtly happy watching them either.

So my expectations were low for The Force Awakens, so you can sense my surprise at having those expectations blown straight from this earth into the far reaches of space. I've only been so intently gripped by one other film in recent memory (which also happened to come out this year), that being Song Of The Sea. While that film showed what the greatest of animated films can achieve, Star Wars Episode VII has outside of the narrative and technical achievements of the original trilogy, set a new bar for this franchise and action-adventure movies of our current generation. The cinematography was sublime, the characters extremely well written and fleshed out, paced to perfection and giving the sense of drama, comedy and suspense that the series is undoubtably known for. All just fell into place perfectly. It was an exhilarating thrill ride from start to finish.

To say I'm pumped for Episode VIII is an understatement, and any fan of Action/Adventure films, sci-fi and the Star Wars Franchise must watch this. It's one of the few films I've seen this year to fully justify the extortionate ticket prices, go see this as soon as you can.

Finally, a statement for J.J. Abrams. I commend you on a job well done with this film. You crossed the bitter divide between Star Trek and Star Wars, and managed to bring both franchises back to life for this generation. I think Joss Wheedon may have to hand over the title of "King Of The Nerds" to you, because this is a feat no one ever thought would happen.

I just watched Entourage. I finished binge-watching the series yesterday so the movie was good to top it all off. I don't think the movie would be too good for people who haven't seen the entire series though, but it was good for me.

• Brohoof 1

Well I'm watching Jurassic Park 3 right now on TV. I've already seen it a bunch of times though, the female character annoys me. The film is alright.

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens - I'm a fan of Star Wars, but the episode didn't reach my expectations. I'll stuck with the old Expanded Universe (Legends).

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - I watch that movie on Christmas every year.

Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning - a parody of the sci-fi shows Star Trek and Babylon 5. It is from Finland and in Finnish language. :D

Edited by Antanica

Star Wars The Force Awakens, which was amazing and one of the best films I've seen this year, I loved seeing it in 3-D and the action, comedy, flying scenes, and drama was so intense, definitely recommend it 10/10!!

• Brohoof 1

Last movie I watched, which was also the first movie that I have seen in a theater in a long, long time....Star Wars The Force Awakens! It was friggin' amazing. It also was the first film in the franchise that I have seen in full. I need to get around to watching the original trilogy. 

The Rugrats Movie which I first saw when I was 8 in theaters.

I loved that movie sooooooooooooooooooo much. When I was little, I used to have a tradition when I would go to my mother's for the weekend. I would make me a bowl of popcorn and watch this movie. Always did that on the weekends. :3 

Krampus!

It was suprisingly good, though, to be fair, it was by the legendary director of Trick 'r' Treat, one of my favorite films period. Even then, it was really great. It was one of those movies that jumps between horror and comedy, and I think it perfectly blended the two genres. It even makes fun of how ridiculous the entire premise is---an evil Santa comes and kills everything you hold dear. Overall, a wonderful film, and not just for the season.

• Brohoof 1