Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

King Arthur. I liked the movie, though for some reason the actor that played Arthur reminded me of Nicolas Cage...not in style of acting, but his voice. Dunno what it was about it, just reminded me of Cage. :P

If it's in a word, or if it's in a nook, you can't get rid of The Babadook.

Watched The Babadook recently and I'm going to do a critical analysis on it. I really loved this movie.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

The most recent movies I've seen in theaters are The Force Awakens and The Hateful Eight. I went into both of these movies with an unusual perspective, because I haven't seen any Star Wars movies since I was 7 or so (gasp!) and I've never watched a Tarantino movie (double gasp!).

The Force Awakens was an enjoyable, if somewhat standard, action flick for me. It didn't seem to break any new ground, but it was well-made and exciting.

The Hateful Eight enthralled me. As a newcomer to Tarantino's work, I found the visual style and storytelling to be captivating, and it didn't feel quite like anything I'd seen before. It has really made me interested in seeing his other movies.

Edited by Mouse

Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Yes, call me a geek all you want, I just feel like watching some fantasy lately  :please:

gandalf.gif

Equestria Girls: Friendship Games. My new personal favorite of the three.

I might have misjudged it at first, but it got pretty good after watching it for the third time   :blink:

Edited by RyaN_

Jurassic World.

It was ok, but to be honest, the film was incredibly predictable and there were a fair number of moments where my immersion was broken because of bad writing or a really dumb moment. I must admit though... The scene where that navy guy was riding a motorcycle with the raptors was pretty awesome.

Spectre.

Liked it until...

...they jumped 9,001 sharks by turning Blofeld into an Aizen knockoff who somehow built SPECTRE from the ground up and masterminded all the previous Craig movies... just to get back at Bond because Blofeld's daddy adopted him and loved him more when they were kids.

I have no words.

Edited by A.V.

I Just finished watching Concussion

I normally do not like sports based movies but  seeing as it was based on a true story  i very much enjoyed it due to the mix of science and plugging it in to the life expectancy of athletes i recommend it!

Edited by vampireponyprince
  • Brohoof 1