Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

The last movie I watched was Red Dawn (1984 version). I am using the movie as the basis for a Final assignment for class on how it is the quintessential "American Hero" movie for my Apocalypse and the American Imagination class. It is well worth a watch! I really enjoyed it!

Green Lantern (2011). Effects and acting wise, the best DC live-action ever. Storyline wise..... Green Lantern. Comedy is good. Though lack of evil Sinestro was kinda funny. But interesting movie. Not sure if it deserve the low rating. Ryan Reynolds made a good Hal Jordan. Which convinces me that Deadpool might be good.

• Brohoof 1

"When Marnie Was There." Probably the last feature we'll see from Studio Ghibli. Beautiful, sweet and magical. I guess it didn't break records at the box office so the studio is doomed. What a waste.  :(

• Brohoof 1

You know what I actually don't know since I don't usually watch tv or movies. I think it was wreck it Ralph. I think the reason was I had just gotten into old sega games and arcade games and wanted to see if I could spot any cameos, honestly I was really bored that day

Finally got around to watching Ghostbusters for the first time
It was pretty 80's lol

Ghostbusters was a pretty good film, not sure if the new ones going to be any good, even the trailer is terrible, but hey I will keep a open mind, if its the best movie every you'll hear about it

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I recently watched all 4 Burton/Schumacher Batman Films and i enjoyed them all.  :squee:

I think my favorite would be Batman Forever, because it had the most crazy Villains and the most Action, me and my father actually had the same Opinion there, second would go to Batman and Robin, because of the colorful Worlds and cool costumes and also Bat-Trio !  :yay:

Third Place would go to Batman, which was also great but not as good as the others, since this Movie is older and didnt had as good looking Bat Mobiles, Costumes and only had one Villain.

The last Place would go to Batman Returns, for all the negative critic that Batman and Robin good, because its apparently to campy, i actually call out Batman Returns for its campyness.

I mean, Penguins that carry Rockets? Catwoman becoming Catwoman simply...because? :awuh: It doesnt even make any sense.

The Penguin making some Jokes, specially shortly before its death, cheesy special effects at some points and every villain is dressed up as a Clown.

For all the comments i got, that made fun of me for liking Batman and Robin, one of the Major Points that People pointed out was, that the first 2 Movies by Burton were soooooooo dark and soooooooo serious.

Like, in all honesty...they really werent.

I dont even see a difference between the Burton Films and the Schumacher Films, i see that Batman and Robin is definitely more on Comedy at certain times, yes, but i dont understand how, based on how the older Movies are funny as well, this more comedy is all of a sudden bad.

They all had crazy Villains, crazy Costumes and were all a little bit over the top at certain times.

And Batman and Robin was a little bit more light hearted but also had its serious moments and even had emotional scenes.

There isnt THAT big of a difference. ( at least not for me...its just my opinion )

I really dont get the hate towards Batman and Robin.  :huh:

But i liked all 4 Batman Movies, they were all great.

Now im excited for Steel.  :fluttershy:

Edited by Supergirl Rarity