Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Watched "Sing" last night, it was pretty good. A lot of classic/modern songs that are well known. I'd suggest watching it, if you like musical stuff.

Night before that I watched the new live action Jungle Book. bit more dark compared to the animated version.  Only thing I didn't really like about it was Christopher Walken as King Louie...Hearing him try to sing was just weird.

• Brohoof 1

I just got back from seeing the new Power Rangers movie and I had a pretty good time.

It ended up being pretty fun, despite me never really being a fan of the franchise before.

• Brohoof 2

The new Power Rangers movie. Gave this movie a lot of shit upon previews and trailers....the movie is a real surprise, nowhere near as bad as I expected. In fact I thought it was great, especially as a fan of the series. It still has some issues, but you can tell they really cared about the franchise, the characters were fantastic, and filled with tons of great fanservice.

If you're still on the fence, it's worth giving a chance, really fun movie, and a LOT better than you'd expect

Rogue One 7/10

It's better than the "force awaken" But..it's not that good as many say it is. But it does bring a nice connection to "the new hope", as being a prequel. Although I wished they have ended with the beginning  scene in "the new hope" when Leia was captured and interrogated 19 years later after rogue one.  To be honest it's still missing that "dark element" and the how do I say this..."shakespeare" kind of drama feels to it.  So basically I wasn't moved by the characters (even what happen at the end) or the story itself. The only part I was moved was the darth vader's scene. 

Moana 10/10. Once again original and well thought-out plot.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, TBD said:

Rogue One 7/10

It's better than the "force awaken" But..it's not that good as many say it is. But it does bring a nice connection to "the new hope", as being a prequel. Although I wished they have ended with the beginning  scene in "the new hope" when Leia was captured and interrogated 19 years later after rogue one.  To be honest it's still missing that "dark element" and the how do I say this..."shakespeare" kind of drama feels to it.  So basically I wasn't moved by the characters (even what happen at the end) or the story itself. The only part I was moved was the darth vader's scene. 

Very true. I did like Rogue One but even so, I don't consider anything 'true Star Wars' unless George Lucas has a hand in it. Nowadays, since they kicked him out of his own universe, I just consider everything they make to be fan fiction, good or bad but not a part of the Galaxy Far, Far Away that I call home. And I would have loved to have seen Rogue One end with the cut scene from A New Hope where Luke was repairing the vaporator with his Treadwell droid and looking up with his macrobinoculars to see the battle going on in space above Tatooine. It would have nicely connected the old with the new and given us a chance to get that scene on screen after 40 years. The Shakespearean feel is definitely absent here and the plot needed some streamlining, but the scenes with Vader, Tarkin, Leia and Red and Gold Leaders were nice to see though; they got me pretty excited. 

As for the last movie I watched, it was the new live action Beauty and the Beast, and I am crushed to say I didn't like it...at all. :( 

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Very true. I did like Rogue One but even so, I don't consider anything 'true Star Wars' unless George Lucas has a hand in it. Nowadays, since they kicked him out of his own universe, I just consider everything they make to be fan fiction, good or bad but not a part of the Galaxy Far, Far Away that I call home. And I would have loved to have seen Rogue One end with the cut scene from A New Hope where Luke was repairing the vaporator with his Treadwell droid and looking up with his macrobinoculars to see the battle going on in space above Tatooine. It would have nicely connected the old with the new and given us a chance to get that scene on screen after 40 years. The Shakespearean feel is definitely absent here and the plot needed some streamlining, but the scenes with Vader, Tarkin, Leia and Red and Gold Leaders were nice to see though; they got me pretty excited. 

haha,  I thought I was the only who get this "shake spare" feels every time I watched SW.xp yeh i agree that they should at lease add any connection to the old SW with the rouge one in the ending (doesn't matter what) just to show the appreciation of Lucas work. Hell, as if anyone going to remember a 40 years movies or even watch it.  despite of the "fan fiction" i did enjoy watching the clone wars TV series.

8 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

As for the last movie I watched, it was the new live action Beauty and the Beast, and I am crushed to say I didn't like it...at all. :( 

well isnt all live-action Disney movie disappointed us?xp

by the way, no recent movie watch for me.

Edited by TBD

I just finished watching an awesome anime film called Paprika. Anyone here familiar with it?

I couldn't help but get a bit of an Inception kind of vibe from the whole thing, and obviously I thought of Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep more than once. Come to think of it, the character Paprika is kinda Luna-ish in nature when it comes to the realm of dreams.

Overall, very well done with a superb art style. This is all part of my friend's plan to get me more interested in anime and I must say, she's succeeding. Loved this movie.