Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

On 6/8/2019 at 1:55 PM, Lucky Bolt said:

Last movie I watched just happens to be my favorite of all time....

It's a shame the tv series butchered it..

Last movie I watched is Captain Marvel 8/10: Good with a bit of a predictable plot.

Spoiler

The moment in the middle of the movie when yon-Rogg talked to Ronan who appears as the bad guy anyways and also worked for Thanos...yeah you know where this is going right before the Talos explained everything to Carol.  

I'm not a huge fan of Captain Marvel due to her arrogant and bitchy personality in the comic. But Brie, portraying her as someone who just wants to be strong in order to do what's right not because she's a powerhouse, made me appreciated the character. I even like it how Brie added a little bit of a childish side (in a replacement to the arrogant side) to the character, making Carol have this adorable personality.  Brie, you made me love Captain marvel! (movie-wise)

• Brohoof 1

Good Will Hunting.

I hadn't fully watched any other Robin Williams outside of the 1992 Aladdin movie, and I was kinda curious, so I sat and watched it and I thought it was fantastic! :P

I was glad I watched it too! :mlp_laugh:

• Brohoof 1

I saw a repeat showing of Aquaman, which has turned out to be one of my favourite movies. By no means is it perfect, but it has such a fantastic story arc, great visuals and a really satisfying/heartwarming ending.

Today on Father's Day took my dad to see Rocketman rainboom awesome movie here are the songs "THE PINKADILE ROCK, GOODBYE CHANGELING ROAD, THE WITCH IS BACK, AND I'M STILL SOARING YEAH YEAH  YEAH I'M STILL SOARING !  LOOKING LIKE A LITTLE PEGASUS KNOWING THAT I WOULD SURVIVE !  SING IT OHHHHH YEAH YEAH I'M STILL SOARING !  Rocketman was just as good as Bohemian Rhapsody or better in my opinion.

Two movies Avenger: endgame and Aladdin (2019)

Avenger: Endgame 7-8/10. 

Spoiler

I like the whole closures with each of the main avengers in the movie. I think that was the only best things that ever happen in this movie. Plus the part with Captain America fighting Thanos with a shield AND Thor's hammer. I also liked how Marvel stuido started with Tony Stark and ended with him. It was quite a touching moments there. I was even happy when Steve want back to Peggy as well! But disappointed that he didn't take Bucky with him. :okiedokieloki:

Everything else was mediocre. The plot could have done better honestly. Their logic with changing the past without having no consequences is highly impossible and incorrect. It's lazy and a poor excuse not to bother with working with a plot with timey wimey wibbley wobbley scheme. Take the comic "age of Ultron" for example. That has time traveling but it was done correctly. 

The part with Thanos actually sitting on his ass on a freaking garden planet actually makes the heroes look bad for trying to undo his action. I mean, Thanos wasn't even conquering or anything at all. Sure, justice is served but five years later you would think people would at least try to repopulate. In most parts some of the heroes are just completely selfish. It's ironic they lost someone they love but didn't realized that they still have someone else. Making  the whole going back in time to undo thanos action  a complete unnecessary.  For example, Hawkeyes. He lost his family and wanted to get them back. But in exchange lost someone he really cares about, Nat. Or Tony who is a now a family man living happily with his new life after the Infinity war. But die at the end. Something are just might as well leave well enough alone. The only one who has to deal with a HUGE lost was Thor. And I don't see him being selfish about trying to get them back. And yet the people around are being a dick to him by throwing "we lost people too" cliche at him. Thor was the only one who sucked up about having to deal with his lost. 

overall I think it should have been executed better..The only characters that stood out and shine out the most is Tony stark, Steve Roger and Thor.

Aladdin 10/10

I love everything about this movie. It's stick with the classic, making you feel quite nostalgic. I think by far aside from "Alice in wonderland" is the best Disney live action movie. I like the new add-on to the songs and the scenery.  I encourage to ignore the critics who say the movie did not do justice for the classic. I have no idea what they're talking about. They either don't know Aladdin, or....just don't know Aladdin. Take my words for it, it's true to the classic with a little add-on to it but you won't be disappointed if you grow up with Aladdin. And WiIll smith did a fantastic job as a genie! Overall, a live action disney movie that won't disappoint. 

(edited)

Dumbo ('19) the elephant was cute but the rest of the movie sucked.

American Girl: Lea to the Rescue. Like all American Girl movies it was fun and relaxing.

Xanadu. As always, campy, ridiculous and terrible...and I loved every frame of it. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit

27 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Dumbo ('19) the elephant was cute but the rest of the movie sucked.

American Girl: Lea to the Rescue. Like all American Girl movies it was fun and relaxing.

Xanadu. As always, campy, ridiculous and terrible...and I loved every frame of it. 

New Dumbo wasn't good?

• Brohoof 1

On 6/20/2019 at 9:46 PM, .Wolfe. said:

New Dumbo wasn't good?

I didn't like it at all. But everypony has different tastes. Take a look at it if you're curious (just don't spend too much!) 

Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse. 

Pretty good actually. Kind of weird animation style but it worked well enough (would have been better if they'd not gone too far with the style) But it had a good sense of humor and spontaneity. 

Just watched Wonder Woman (2017). To me it seemed rather cliched, and the fight scenes were mostly nonsensical even for a superhero film. The plot twist was interesting though. 5.5/10.

(edited)

Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension 

It was really good. Alternate Dimension Candace was really badass. The songs were really good, and it was just a really dope movie.

Edited by Emerald<3