Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Cloverfield.

Image result for Cloverfield

I have never been a big fan of Godzilla-esque films where for some reason a giant monster decides to attack the city, but I think this is a rather good movie. It focuses more on the impact of the attack on a group of sort of average people than the actual monster attack, which is refreshing and story-wise simply a better idea. I like the found footage aspect of this, because it really gives us that perspective that it would lack without it. It is held back in my opinion by the fact it is a giant monster instead of maybe aliens or even zombies, but I still think it's a solid 8.5/10 film because of how well it manages to make a good story out of it. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Just got out of watching the The Lion King remake.

Don’t want to spoil the movie :pout: .

HAHAHA :love: . Geddit

Cause you already know what happens :please: .

I lied, you can spoil it by saying what is and isn’t different :pout: .

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, WWolf said:

Just got out of watching the The Lion King remake.

Don’t want to spoil the movie :pout: .

HAHAHA :love: . Geddit

Cause you already know what happens :please: .

I lied, you can spoil it by saying what is and isn’t different :pout: .

I know what's different, it's worse!

:mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever.

Image result for cabin fever 2

What else is there to really say other than... Bad, and very disturbing. It features bad acting, bad writing, and somehow even worse execution. I mean what else is there really to say for this abysmal excuse for a horror film that only disgusts you instead of really doing what it's supposed to? It does have a few props though. Like a lot of the characters ended up dying. That's a plus in this case considering just about all of them are totally unlikeable and all of them are pretty stupid. That says something when that's actually a plus. 3/10.

Edited by ~Dusky~

21 minutes ago, ZophieStar said:

King Kong: Skull Island

I liked that movie!

The last movie I watched was John Wick 2; want to watch the third now

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, ZophieStar said:

Haha nice!☆

John Wick are good movies imo.☆

They're great; but I won't get the occasion to watch the third any time soon... :mlp_wat: 

• Brohoof 1

The Machinist (2004).

Image result for the machinist

It's a quite solid film that exaggerates some real potential issues that can arise from prolonged insomnia (in this case on-set by guilt, but no spoilers). The story also plays itself out very well, though I think it does suffer from how you can easily tell early on that Ivan, who the main character imagines to exist, doesn't exist and that's why I'm not putting it in a spoiler. Shutter Island does this sort of thing a lot better when you aren't precisely sure if the main character in that movie is even crazy because he actually sounds and seems lucid throughout most of the film, unlike the main character of this film. I found the way they developed the insanity of the main character of this movie felt very realistic and almost natural. Like even as he was being ousted from his own life, and reasonably so, for acting totally crazy, you could see the humanity in him as he acted out based on his imagined perceptions. 8/10.   

• Brohoof 2

T2 Trainspotting

Image result for t2 trainspotting poster

Sequel to my favourite movie of all time. It's a fairly good movie with some nice callbacks to the original, and has an brilliant soundtrack just like the first one.