Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

A Clockwork Orange. 

Related image

I have to say, this is a very impressive film. It highlights something that's been increasingly bothering me about society and that is how it treats people that it deems undesirable for one reason or another. Whether in this film's case it's a criminal that according to the law has served their time or maybe a marginalized group or something of that variety, it's very upsetting how society allows for the most inhumane treatment of people like this. I get there's some things that are unforgivable, but eye for an eye makes everyone blind. That aside, the writing was absolutely excellent, and really the entire rest of the film is. There are a couple of distressing points in the film, but other than that, almost perfect. 9.75/10.

• Brohoof 2

Dumbo 2019 7/10

I have say, even though there's a lot of changes made in this movie, the idea of this movie still remind the same. I think it would be weird to have a talking mouse for this kind of setting, so I have no complaint of taking out the mouse and replace his role for a children. I can't say it's a good movie but something about it makes it stand out by itself. So overall I did enjoyed it. My favorite part is the pink bubble elephant scene.However I'm quite disappointed that the movie did not express the whole meaning of Timothy's quote to Dumbo. Let alone use it in the movie. That would have been a cherry on the top for this movie.

"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up!"

I watched Freedom Writers with my mom! Normally these types of movies aren't my thing, but it was really eye opening and inspiring! :squee:

Just now, Emerald<3 said:

Legit just came from the theater.

I saw the new Lion King film

Was it any good? ^w^

(edited)

We are watching The Shining (1980). :twismile:

I forgot to say that we finished watching it, and suffice it to say it's easily the best horror film I've ever seen, with it's quite rich symbolism. I also like the narrative structure of this film and I really like Jack Nicholson in his role. He was literally THE perfect actor for the part. Only problems I see with the film are that some parts seem like they should have been omitted from the final film as they didn't seem to serve a purpose. 9.5/10.

Edited by ~Dusky~
  • Brohoof 1

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:17 PM, Buttonmash1973 said:

Image result for paranormal activity ghost dimension movie

Paranormal Activity The Ghost Dimension

Related image

Paranormal Activity 4

Image result for alpha omega howliday

Alpha & Omega Howliday Adventure

So how many rainbooming sequels do they have to Alpha and Omega cartoon movies because I can't keep up !

Checked  out a awesome video game movie doesn't disappoint last week All you Resident Evil fans may want to watch this one with a SUPERCOOLERFANTASICALAWESOMEAMAZING WONDERBOLT LIKE me ! The movie is DEAD RISING WATCHTOWER.

I just watched the 1982 version of "The Thing" and... It's overrated.

Image result for The Thing 1982

The film does a surprisingly poor job of doing what I feel a horror movie should do considering it's status as a cult classic. That isn't to say it doesn't have some unsettling moments, but this movie is more grotesque than actually scary. It's a ways too gruesome for my liking and not atmospheric enough. Also, the characters just come off as getting violently paranoid for no logical reason. I was CONVINCED half of them were the alien mid-way through because they were just acting utterly insane. I also found them all absurdly forgettable. I just got through watching it and I already forgot most of the character's names. Also, there are actually a surprising number of plot holes and logical inconsistencies in this movie involving the alien itself, that I won't go into because I could go on for a while on that one.

Overall, I'm going to give this one a 6.5/10. 

The Conjuring. Never heard of a movie getting an R-rating just on the fear factor, having no nudity and little gore and profanity. And it either wasn't as scary as advertised or people get scared too easy :kindness:

Edited by Methuselah

We watched Ready, Player One (2018). It was... decent, though far from fantastic.

Image result for ready player one

My biggest gripes are with the over-focus on the romantic subplot and the ending, especially the ending. I mean seriously, the ending just seems totally and utterly ridiculous to me, and everything just lined up way too well, a lot of odd conveniences and things that go beyond the disbelief I suspended going in. I really appreciated the massive amounts and roles of the pop culture references in this movie, and its seeming inspiration from the story of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. But I can't put this film on a pedestal because, well, unnecessary, cringy, and overbearing romantic subplots and a stupid ending. 7/10.

Edited by Dustlicious

The revenant; really wasn’t good at all

11 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Monster Trucks (2016) 

91d8Hv-2rxL._SY445_.jpg

One of my all time favorites! 

You have a problem with trucks