Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Hobbs and Shaw. It was a really fast-paced, flamboyant, ridiculous, funny and action-packed fun-fest. A great summer flick.  

Operation Petticoat (1959). A great classic comedy starring Cary Grant and Tony Curtis. I watch this one at least once a year. 

Alita battle angel. 4/10

Judging the movie aside from the Manga itself, I think this movie is terrible. Not because I’m saying it’s because it’s an American adaptation, it just sucks. The whole thing is one corny cliche to another having me to groan every moment of it. Hugo is a character I hate with passion (what’s up with a Americanize name??) and if I were to say “everything is wrong with Alita battle angel”.. well it’s everything but Alita herself and her relation with her father.  People say it’s good due to the action pact. I could’ve just watch the fight scenes on YouTube instead of wasting my time on this movie. 

I don’t see what so hype about this movie. Ghost in a shell was a bit better for an American adaptation than this. Overall it’s another failed project of American anime/ manga adaptation 

Edited by TBD

Phantasm (1979). Another overrated horror film with absolutely horrible writing, and that spoils its own attempts to scare the audience. I have absolutely no idea how this kind of bad film got a 73% on Rotten Tomatoes. Must be nostalgic for biased horror critics. 4.5/10.

Edited by Dustlicious