Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

I'm watching John Wick 3... And it's riddled with as many problems as John Wick's victims are with bullets.

Among it's problems:

• The main villain is bland, boring, and badly written. The Adjucator just makes me wish ANYBODY would have just strangled her to death.
  • This movie's fights were very awkward, and absurdly prolonged. Seriously, how many times do you have to reload while you're trying to kill someone? And why didn't you just, I don't know, KEEP ONE OF THE KNIVES YOU THREW ALL OVER THE PLACE EARLIER?
  • This movie had WAY too much exposition, and even then it was mostly presented in the form of word salad so the story was still very difficult to understand particularly if you hadn't watched the first two movies.
  • There's way too moments that left me thinking "I hope it isn't taking itself seriously." And unfortunately, it is.
  • The ending was TERRIBLE and all because John Wick made very stupid choice for the sake of another movie... :dry:

Overall, I'm giving this movie a 4.5/10. It managed to hold my attention, but it squanders it pretty quickly... All I was left with was disappointment, and I didn't exactly have any standards going in, because I really had no idea what I'd be in for.

Edited by Dustlicious
  • Brohoof 1

Godzilla King of the Monsters: fucking epic 10/10

Spoiler

I love every moments on this movie, it have me going "oh my fucking god xp" in most of the fight scene. The plot may be a bit common and simple but I have no complaint about that. The last big boss battle between Godzilla vs King Ghidorah, Mothra vs Rodan  and that scene of Mothra protecting Godzilla and die for him was just nonstop "ANIME MOMENTS" right there. (or is that just me?) I was disappointed they killed off Mothra and hope they will figure out a way to bring her back.  Overall this movie is by far the most exciting movie for 2019. The best part that makes this movie good is the scene shot to show how fucking amazing these monsters are. 

godzilla-grab.jpg?quality=50&width=1800&

C581905D-7409-4518-8F2E-7C35B32251BD-e15

and that part when Mothra first came in like a Angel from the heaven. (which sadly I cannot find a picture for it.)

The soundtrack is just pinpoint amazing and everything about this movie can really make you feel awe in many ways.

I watched Cloud Atlas (2012), and I have to say it is a masterpiece. Really my only gripe with it is that it felt like it was a tad bit disjointed. Like the plot was connected between the stories in some ways that make it hard to fully grasp with an initial viewing. The story and the themes are very solid, and the scripting is really, really good. It probably only got lower scores than really 90% or so because people didn't entirely get it. Also, it's almost three hours long. Nonetheless, I will rate this movie a 9.25/10. 

Edited by Dustlicious

3 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Easily John Hughes' best along with Breakfast Club and Ferris Bueller.

I love ALL of those movies :yay:

Billedresultat for vhs 3 viral 2014
VHS 3

Billedresultat for transformers 2 revenge of fallen animated gif
Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen

Billedresultat for lego movie 2 animated gif

The Lego Movie 2 The Second Part

Billedresultat for secret of nimh 2 animated gif
The Secret of Nimh 2 Timmy to the Rescue

Billedresultat for toy story 2 luggage scene

Toy Story 2

Billedresultat for pixar's cars animated gif
Pixar's Cars

Billedresultat for peter rabbit visual effects
Peter Rabbit 2018

Billedresultat for we're back a dinosaur's story chase
We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story

Billedresultat for dumbo 2019 animated gif

Dumbo 2019

Billedresultat for ferdinand 2017 making of

Ferdinand

Edited by Buttonmash2019

Flight (2012). Denzel Washington had such a commanding performance that even though we know that the main character is sort of a dip$#!+, we still emphasize with him throughout the movie. 9/10.

Mulan (1998). 7th or 8th viewing at least, and it's still as great as I remember it from the first. 9.5/10. :)

Edited by Dustlicious

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. Great films these are, and no words can really be used to describe them aptly. They just drag on, though. As in I think they could have been divided into more than three films. 9.25/10.

Edited by Dustlicious
  • Brohoof 1

The last movie I watched was Steven Universe: The Movie.

4 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

Steven Universe: The Movie.

It was totally worth the wait!:wub:

I just finished watching the movie, as well. I never got a chance to see the entire series before. I caught a couple of episodes here and there when it aired on TV. I even watched the entire marathon of the series and then the movie. The movie and series are both pretty awesome, in my opinion. :D 

The 1994 Lion King film. I must say, it's very easy to see why this is considered such a classic. I don't know how to say it other than to say this is Disney's Finding Nemo, its magnum opus, its masterpiece. My only critiques are that some of the songs were not spectacular and it felt really short. Other than that, I am HARD PRESSED to find anything less than near perfection in this film. 9.75/10.

Haven't watched any movies for a long while. Last movie I watched might have been Avengers: Endgame. Or was it Rainbow Roadtrip? One of them. Thinking about it, I think it is Rainbow Roadtrip.