GrooveBroove

Mega Thread Last Movie You Watched?

Never Been Kissed (1999).  

It's a really funny movie and Drew Barrymore does a great job with it. 

(edited)

The Mummy (1999).

There are two things to say for this film: at least it doesn't take itself seriously with its lackluster at best story and its forgettableness, and it had fairly good special effects. Other than that it's a mediocre mess. 6.25/10.

EDIT: Well, it does have Brendan Fraser and d@mn he looked so good 20 years ago... :sealed:

The Hole (2009).

This movie starred off like any bad horror film with characters that are obvious stereotypes, then it got progressively better.  Though if I didn't know any better, I'd have thought this was a Goosebumps movie with some decent writing towards the end, but no other redeeming qualities. 5.25/10.

Kidnap (2017)

All I have to say: It's a boring, generic film with terribly slow pacing and even worse writing. 3.5/10.

Edited by Banjo

The last movie I watched was The Possession of Hannah Grace. 

The Amazing Spider-Man 2. It was okay, but it's my least favorite of the Spider-man movies.

(edited)

Avengers Endgame.

It was okay, although nowhere near as good as Infinity War.  One thing that did bother me was an extremely grievous flaw in the Avenger's plan.

Spoiler

Picture this.  A small village and the the local hairdresser has gone missing.  Until they find a new hairdresser the other villagers are walking around with buzzcuts or long scruffy hair, hardly a insurmountable problem.  Now imagine half of the global population has suddenly gone missing.  Critical infrastructure all over the world either fails altogether or suffers massively reduced capacity as there are aren't enough people left to run it.  Power stations have to be closed, farms are left fallow, factories and services everywhere have to either shut down or operate at whatever level they are able to with the remaining staff, much of the world has probably turned into something resembling Mad Max.

Now five years have passed since the snap.  They're still struggling to cope as we see in the film with the massive piles of trash everywhere and many thousands, if not millions, of people have died due to problems with sanitation, disease, lack of healthcare, security and so on.  However, order has been somewhat restored and mankind has managed to restore some sort of balance.

The Avengers have enacted their plan, Banner/Hulk has the gauntlet on his hand and he is specifically told not to try anything fancy or mess around with time but only to bring back the vanished to the present day.  Their plan, despite the fragile state of the world, is to suddenly and immediately introduce another three and a half billion people into it.  Granted these people already have trades and will be able to return to work pretty much straight away, but it's going to take some time to get the power stations, the factories, the services and the sanitation facilities etc. up and running again, and most crucially, it's going to take a lot of time to ramp up food production by one hundred percent.

It seem to me that plan wasn't fully thought through, and is liable to cause as many problems as it solves.

Aside from that small detail I enjoyed the film, it felt like a fitting conclusion to the long-running saga.  I'm not sure how the next phase is going to play out though.  The problem with having all these films linked is that there needs to be constant increasing of the stakes in order to maintain the momentum and it turns into an arms race where the heroes have to continually strive to out-macguffin the villains's macguffin, and there is only so far that you can push that before it becomes outright silly.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edited by Concerned Bystander

Badges

Treasure Planet, 

Up,

Princess and the Frog.

It was time to get caught up on some of these titles. 

Dune (1984). Still the worst sci-fi adaptation of all time, no question about it. Even the actors look like they know it would be a total disaster... 2.5/10.

Edited by Angus Delaney

X-man: Dark Phoenix 2/10

why the hell do I ever even bother with this movie?

jean is a bitch and everyone is bitching against professor x for tying do what’s right for everyone mainly bringing peace between the mutates and non mutates. And most of all... they took out one the best character out of the movie. Quicksilver. Overall everything is pointless just like the avenger: end game. 

Ad Astra 5/10. Part art-house chin-stroker, part stupid and laughable space physics guff. Replace Brad Pitt with Austin Powers, minus the laughs, and you'd be pretty close. Looked great on IMAX and all 5 points solely for Brad. Should be every astrophysicist's Xmas movie for years to come.

(edited)

I watched Apollo 18. 3.5/10. Absurdly boring. :dry: All I have to say really, it was just SO boring...

Edited by Angus Delaney

The last movie I watched was Guardians of the Galaxy with my boyfriend.

Badges