Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Batman Forever: The ultimate movie for networks to air at the dead of night.

Bringing Out the Dead (1999).

At first I was going to say this movie is bleh, but after a little while I was able to actually piece the story together. It took half the movie, of course to actually get f***ing going though... :dry: The ending though is pretty bad, and it makes little to no sense.  I will say though it has some great parts... But the movie as a whole is less than their sum. It could be a great movie, but it didn't really have any story at all until an hour in, and the pacing until that point was a snail's pace. Also, I found Marcus VERY annoying and I couldn't stand Tom... As a whole, it's not much better than okay. 6.5/10,

Edited by Spider Demon

Spiderman: Far from home 8/10

Spoiler

I thought it was good, I have no clue why most people think it wasn't good. I like the idea how a avenge people, no alien, no super meta human can also be a worthy threat as a villain. I like that a lot. They're just plain o' simple smart people. Goes to show  we don't need a super epic powerful villain to make the movie good. and FINALLLY! It take place around Europe, not some boring new York or anywhere in the US. The only thing that set off the mood of the movie is the thing between Peter and MJ, it feel so forced. 

Edited by TBD

12 hours ago, joobmo said:

In the tall grass 6/10
Based on a Steven King short story, this is actually a pretty decent little horror film. Worth a watch.

They are doing a sequel to the Shining movie Doctor Sleep is coming soon !

Oh, Wow! watch a lot of horror movies on cable first on called The Legend of Halloween Jack, 2nd movie Don't Fuck in the woods!, 3rd one Bunni, Last one called Murtel Tales of Terror !

I have FINALLY watched the original Rambo film, First Blood. I'd been wanting to watch it for ages. The only Rambo movie I had ever seen before was Rambo 4 and because of the series' reputation, I went in expecting a mindless but still good action film. Color me surprised, because it is so much more than that. The action that was present was still intense, but the key word is tension and this film excelled in that. I loved seeing how John was going to outsmart everyone else. Above all of that though, was the ending scene which brought the entire theme full circle, the theme of a soldier who suffered and lost, but was given back nothing. One that mentally suffers every day, but nobody cares to see it. That is why I already love this film after just one viewing. The entire movie builds up that concept without us even knowing it and it lets loose by the end and it actually hit me hard. 

Honestly, I don't think I want to see any of the other Rambo films after watching this. The sequels are the main reason the series has the reputation that it does, action and violence and machoness all at the forefront. The first film is something so much deeper than that. 

• Brohoof 1

El Camino 

Image result for el camino a breaking bad movie poster

Always have been a huge fan of Breaking Bad, and it was awesome to see some of the characters returning as well as seeing what happened to Jesse after the series finale. I was sceptical about this movie at first, since I think the series ended pretty much perfectly, albeit with some loose threads. Probably my biggest complaint is that I thought the ending was pretty anticlimactic, but I'm still glad it tied up all loose ends that the TV show ended on. Overall, really liked this movie, would definitely suggest watching the TV show first before this movie as you'll definitely be lost without it. 

8/10

• Brohoof 1

10 Cloverfield Lane (2016).

v1.bTsxMTQ2NjEyMjtqOzE4MjY3OzEyMDA7NDA1O

Bad ending that doesn't fit the movie aside (There are better ways to end it surely than that), It's a great film. Predictable to an extent, but a great film. I'm not going to go much into the plot of it. But spoiler free, the writing up until the very end was fantastic, and the performances of Mary Winstead and John Goodman are absolutely amazing here. This was perhaps even one of Goodman's best and that says A LOT with his supporting roles in films like Flight and the Big Lebowski. I was about to say this film is a 9.5/10 type of film, but the ending... was BAD. It straight-up didn't fit the movie... It's like somebody put the beginning of an alien abduction film into this movie that was more of a psychological horror film than that. Heck I have several better ending ideas myself, and I'm no screenwriter. As a film, it's still a 9/10 even with among the worst twist endings of all time (that was obviously put in to fit the Cloverfield canon).

Edited by Spider Demon

Night of the Comet (1984).

MV5BOTQzZDVkMTctYTdlZi00MTc2LWJhMTEtM2Vm

I can sort of kind of see some of the cult appeal of this film, but nonetheless, it's a very, very cheesy film with a bit more than just that against it. I don't exactly like the characters, most of them just act in ways that I either find annoying, irrational, or not entirely befitting of who they are supposed to be in the context of the film. Also, there are just some really irrational actions here, and it's. But this movie has an odd sort of charm to it that is very hard to explain that prevents it from really being a mediocre or even bad movie. With all that considered, it's OK, particularly considering the $700K budget it was filmed with. 6.75/10. 

Mulholland Drive (2001)

MV5BYWEyYjhjZmItNDJjYy00YzZiLThmMzAtNzAy

This movie totally didn't make sense until the ending. Like you could tell that there were pieces that added up, but then you watch the ending and are able to fit them all together. The characters were made bland on purpose for the most part to sort of divert the audience's expectations, and in that way I must say it is very successful in doing that. At first I thought it would just be a bland film, instead of a fairly decent artistic piece. Also this film gets a plus for the LGBT representation back before that was popular. 9/10.

Edited by Spider Demon

36 minutes ago, Spider Demon said:

An MiB movie without Will Smith and without Tommy Lee Jones is bound to be bad. :laugh:

I kinda thought so before I decided to watch it.  but man, I didn’t think it would be this bad. The plot is just awful. 

Last night more movies of horror on Tubi, One called Party Bus To Hell gotta love Tara Reids from those Sharkrnado movies! , Second one Skeletons in the closet was too much of a spoof of the crypt keeper but all the cheesiness the gore was still good, Third movie 8 ball clown Ok so the whole movie is about a murderous clown who yes has a Herion addiction problem  but I knew what I was getting into enjoy everypony ! Wow did I forget the most awesome second movie called Rainbow Road Trip it was fantastically stupendous super awesome fast kick ass stunt flyer like me Rainbowdash  enjoy Bronies !!!

Just saw this movie called "The Fanatic" directed by Fred Durst (yes, the lead singer for Limp Bizkit) starring John Travolta.

Wooooow. This movie was so bad. Like really stupid plot, what's the point of this movie, unnecessary narration, and latinx maid and gardener like wtf? 

Yeaaaa do not. Unless you like watching bad movies cuz I think this might fit that. 

Total Recall (1990)

MV5BYzU1YmJjMGEtMjY4Yy00MTFlLWE3NTUtNzI3

Although it is a bit cheesy at times, this is a good movie that deserves its reputation. Though It feels like Schwarzenegger was cast into a role where he doesn't exactly... fit. I think the role would have befitted an actor like Harrison Ford better (even if the one-liners were great, and Arnie pretty much renowned for those). I also take some issues to its weird attempts at plot twists that don't really always work. It left a little too much confusion where there was no reason to have any, and around act 3 the film just started getting weird for no apparent reason. Still a solid, but not quite great film. 8/10.

Edited by Spider Demon

Mad Max - Fury Road and it was one of the best Movies i have ever seen, it s basically one very Long over the top car chase scene in a apocalyptic desert waste land and it was awesome.

I actually watched all 3 older Movies as well, but the only other one i liked very much was Mad Max 2. I am really happy that my Father showed me this franchise.

I watched through the entire Dark Knight Trilogy. They are all great films, and I'll even say that the second film is without a doubt my favorite superhero movie of all time (not really a high distinction considering I have a distaste for most anything superhero related with certain exceptions... :yuck:). and I rate the movies as follows:

Batman Begins: 9.25/10

Dark Knight: 9.75/10

Dark Knight Rises: 8.5/10

Batman Begins isn't really the absolute strongest film, but it is a great opener for the trilogy that sets it up to a degree. The meat of it, The Dark Knight , is an absolutely fantastic film that can't get enough praise for its take on the Joker and the moral questions it asks of us as a society. The tail end, while easily the weakest film of the three, is by no means a bad film and a good way to end the trilogy. Overall, I would rate the trilogy a 9.25/10. It's an absolutely great trilogy of films with great writing, acting, and directing, even if in the third film it isn't as great as the other two.

• Brohoof 1

Fast & furious: Hobbs and Shaw. 7/10. Pretty good for a spinoff.. heck anything from F&F is good.