Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Midsommar - really weird, not scary at all. There was one scene that I found particularly fascinating and the opening was really strong, but other than that, pretty boring. I expected a lot from this film based on other 'slow burn' horror films like The Witch and especially Hereditary. But, this one was a miss for me, sadly.

Crawl - another film I wanted to watch for the summer. Just loads of fun, definitely recommend.

Death Wish (2018) - I still stand by my affirmation that most action films are pretty basic, but this was pretty fun regardless.

IT: Chapter Two - Oh man, I am disappointed. This looked to be really good and the opening was strong. But, the horribly goofy monster designs and flat-out more comedic approach to this film really hurt any effort it made to actually be enjoyable. I have no qualms with comic relief, just don’t overdo it and know when to do it, because this film sure as hell doesn’t. sigh I was so looking forward to this, but it just sucked. One scene in particular made me believe that the filmmakers didn’t take this one seriously at all. Such a disappointment.

The Lion King (2019) 6/10. The energy is very dry in most part of the movie. I appreciated how they adapted almost every details in the movie from the original. But something about it is missing...probably it need to be more pizzazz and I'm very disappointed with "Be prepare" It was not dramatic or dark as I hoped it would be..It's the one part I was really looking forward to.

My BF and I are currently watching Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Did not really see the whole thing (I fell asleep on his chest in the middle of it :catface:), but from what I can glean from the first half, the movie deserves the praise it gets.~

EDIT: After watching the entire movie, I really like the dynamics between all the main characters in the story, and I absolutely understand why the Terminator got into Mortal Kombat. This guy's a legit legend, I'm just saying. Total bad@$$, but he's still a robot you know. He doesn't get people things. I may not either, but I get them enough to be able to see that and really admire it. They actually link this to a less specific condition, where it really makes sense. My only real gripes come in with just how bordering on annoying John Connor can sometimes be. I get he's a kid and all, but at times it feels over the top. I think 9.5/10 is a pretty appropriate rating.~

Edited by Spider Demon
  • Brohoof 2

28 Days Later

1245607.jpg

Really liked this one, one of the better zombie movies out there, even if it isn't technically about zombies. I heard the sequel is just as good, if not better, so I really need to check that out too.

• Brohoof 2

Just watched The Guest. It was recommended to me as a Halloween movie, but I got more of a Universal Soldier vibe from it. It's a solid B movie, and I really liked its soundtrack. 

0*6n1L9B-i-unwCPUM.jpg

Spiderman: Far From Home.

I'm not into Marvel that much, my sister sort of made me watch it. It was a good movie, I didn't like it too much though. But again, not much of a Marvel fan so...

Edited by Soren Peregrine

Scary Stories to tell in the dark 8/10

Spoiler

I read all three books as a kid and love it. So after watching this I was not disappointed at all. It's great movie with a good meaning behind it as well. Which I have not surprise since this movie is made Guillermo del Toro. The meaning is telling the different between a real story and fake ones and which is more believable or which one do we want to believe in more? A gray area.From what I understand her family made her believe she's the one who kills the kids because they don't want their company to get shut down for defecting the water which was the real cause of the death in the town. Thus pushes her to ended up a killer at the end. That's pretty twisted. For the parent to make their kid believe that they're murderer to the point they become one, is just sad. But it does give us viewer a different perspective.  

The only problem is the horror itself is not intense enough. I hate to sound like a psycho, but I actually hoping for less filter when the other characters are killed. I want Auggie and Chuck death more like Tommy's, his death were pretty gruesome and not filter.

Another issues is Stella's background. I want to know why her mother left her and more on her background. It should have been more explored. I think there are some parts that is needed to be explained more, like why the hell did CHuck ran to his death?

One last problem, this movie lack tragic ending. I was hoping for a tragic ending as a cherry in a top. But overall it's a pretty good descent horror movie. I applaud Guillermo for not trying hard like some other horror writers, to write a horror movie. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

This

04F7B788-769C-4942-ABC6-A0BF5B1E7B17.jpeg.370497a52ad08b0477b2221fba049676.jpeg

Honestly the best Elm Street film and definitely the best sequel 

Spoiler

On a more personal level it’s also the film that truly confirmed that I was kin with Freddy. Like the first two made me believe it to a degree but this one fully did it for me. So it’s got a really special place in my mind for me.

• Brohoof 2