Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

I saw Uncut Gems starring Adam Sandler today. It was an alright movie. It got a bit confusing at some parts but it was a pretty suspenseful film.

• Brohoof 1

Goodfellas (1990)

I honestly can't believe I hadn't seen this until yesterday. This film is considered a classic for good reason. It's a masterclass on how to make crass, violent, and yet quite human characters, on how to craft the perfect gangster film story with all of the hallmarks and none of the cheesiness (based on real life, nonetheless), and probably the only bit of Scorsese's filmography I've seen that competes quite so closely with Taxi Driver in its own brilliant way. Still have to say it's only Scorsese's second best (but narrowly), but still the best gangster film I've seen (I haven't seen the Godfather films, so stop typing). 9.5/10.

• Brohoof 3

I watched two excellent war movies this weekend: 1917 and Black Hawk Down.

1917 is a tense, thrilling, gorgeously shot, and surprisingly emotional drama. One of my favorites of 2019. 10 out of 10.

Black Hawk Down remains one of the most accurate and visceral war movies I've ever seen. One of Ridley Scott's best, in my opinion. out of 10.

So mane five what did you think of CATS THE MOVIE ?

"I Alicorn Princess Twilight Sparkle thought was scientifically hornical "! 

"This is Fluttershy  those cats creeped me out why would they eat humanoid mice my Pegasus heart is broken"!

"What tarnation did I juz watched ?  Applejack here why are these felions rubbing their flanks on each other I don't get it ?

"Hell ya this movie rocks got sex and drunk cats comedy mischief kinda makes them like me Rainbowdash"!

"Rarity here what is up with these tacky costumes of cats the singing was terrible I bet Opalesence my cat could do better ?

"wow my stars this movie was a party alright did find it catackular catagical catstravagana of a catwister haaaaa made some catiriffic catjokes!

"Pinkie Pie that wasn't funny but you could of cats up on some cathemes catoday I'm spike the dragon I thought movie was awesome !

• Brohoof 1

The last movie I watched was the first Shrek with a friend. That movie ages like fine wine, it was hilarious to sit through again!

On 1/2/2020 at 2:03 AM, JackleberryCA said:

Just saw Alita: Battle Angel

This was the second-to-last movie I saw! I had no idea what to expect going in, but it ended up surprising me with how much fun it was to watch, and now I'm curious about where the story leads in the manga past what was covered in the movie.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:32 PM, Aangel Dust said:

Goodfellas (1990)

Also watched this really recently, and it sent me on a mobster movie marathon. What a fabulous movie!

14 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

The last movie I watched was John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum. 

I haven't seen John Wick but I've been considering starting from the first movie, what do you think of the series?

• Brohoof 1

We watched Jackie Brown (1997).

I wouldn't say Tarantino's best for sure (Still have to go with Inglorious Basterds on that one), but of the few I've seen, it's definitely in the top half (though I've only seen six of his films at this point)... There are some of what would in a standard film be stand-out performances from Samuel L. Jackson, Pam Grier, and Robert Forster. But this movie had all three of these performances and it really appreciated them and enhanced them with great writing, which is generally to be expected of Tarantino even if in my opinion he's had a couple of subpar goes. One of my only gripes was that this film honestly has one of Tarantino's worst written characters in it... Also, De Niro's performance actually bogs it down a little, kind of like it did with the 2019 Joker movie.

Nonetheless, a 9.25/10 movie. Also Metacritic somehow thinks this is his worst movie... :huh: OuaTiH was definitely worse on every level, and that's only the one I'd say is the second worst because it was an actually meh movie that got way overhyped simply because it was a Tarantino flick. And they rated that one the second best... Wow, that's umm, laughable.

Edited by Aangel Dust