Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Knives Out 6/10

Yeah not so great as the hype it gets..I've seen better mystery movie than this. It's pretty predictable but I guess I will give props for how the crime is set up. Even though it's a bit weak. The characters are great though so that makes up for it. 

The original 1990 TMNT film. Cheesy, silly..... BUT IT WAS FUN :yay:. Too bad my mind had difficulty developing as a kid. I’ll otherwise say that movie was part of my childhood, but I barely watched it back then :adorkable:
I’m looking forward in watching the second tomorrow, which is also in Netflix  :kirin:

Ford vs Ferrari 4/10

Boring as hell. I think the racing part and how Ken Miles created Ford GT was the only best part about the movie. Everything else, I couldn't care less about some car companies trying to beat each other on who's the best and the fastest. It's like watching horrible car ad for two hours. Let alone the Ford company treated these men like shit and yet they still going about kissing their ass to advertise their cars. Hell, if that was me, I would cut off the deal and create my own car company. That's what Mile should have done. GT should have been it own company. 

1 hour ago, TBD said:

Ford vs Ferrari 4/10

Boring as hell. I think the racing part and how Ken Miles created Ford GT was the only best part about the movie. Everything else, I couldn't care less about some car companies trying to beat each other on who's the best and the fastest. It's like watching horrible car ad for two hours. Let alone the Ford company treated these men like shit and yet they still going about kissing their ass to advertise their cars. Hell, if that was me, I would cut off the deal and create my own car company. That's what Mile should have done. GT should have been it own company. 

Wow, you and I have the complete opposite opinions on this and Knives Out. I myself loved both.

4 hours ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Wow, you and I have the complete opposite opinions on this and Knives Out. I myself loved both.

I was hoping for Knives Out to be good but I guess It wasn't what I was expecting :adorkable:

A Serious Man (2009).

It is by no means a bad movie, but it's the worst I've seen out of the Coen brothers in my honest opinion (I've seen only 9 of their films in fairness, and Intolerable Cruelty isn't one of them and neither is Ballad of Buster Scruggs which I've also heard is one of their worst even if the same sources say it isn't all that bad). The events of the movie don't quite succeed in tying together the entire narrative, and it felt like the movie ended prematurely. Though it still has a lot to say, it doesn't say it in what I find to be an entirely cohesive manner, particularly for a non-Jewish audience, so it could be readily understood fully. It's a good film and serves as an interesting character study for its protagonist, with characters that (for the most part) seem like people I could see existing in our reality, if only it tied it together neatly and told a story that could be concisely put. 7.5/10.

Edited by Angel_Dust

Jojo Rabbit. 9/10

Spoiler

its good to watch something from the German’s perspective, Hitler’s youth group in that matter. I like how it very comical while still being on track in focusing the main issues during the war. Great balance of the two. All the characters (mainly Hitter) are amazingly funny and likable despite of their nazism status. I do appreciate the transition Jojo goes through from being devoted to the party to losing his ideal version and finally realizing the truth behind the party. And his relation with Elsa. Also the relationship between Jojo and his mom is speechless. Overall it’s a great movie to reminds us viewers that not all “nazi” is not bad as many thought. That there some who can still think and will try to do what’s right.

The only problem I have is that it was the Russian who beats the Germans NOT the Americans.. god why it is so hard to get right?

• Brohoof 1

Parasite. It actually turned out to be an interesting film with some unexpected twists. And its setup/payoff structure is almost perfect. So, it's not something I'll be rewatching many times, but it's definitely a solid movie.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Bas said:

I don't know the guy, but the first movie you mentioned has been a great watch for me, too! :kirin:

Nevermind, I know the second one too! It was kinda of an surprising watch! And definitively a different tone! =D

Yep. Ridley Scott's made a lot of really good and iconic movies.

• Brohoof 1

Matilda. It was my first watch and I enjoyed it. Danny Devito, Rhea Perlman and the principal character stole the show. 

What's next: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe (Disney version, never seen it) and probably Who Frames Roger Rabbit (which I've seen probably two dozen times since it came out. I saw this one at the Drive In in the 80s folks).

• Brohoof 2