Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

On 2/18/2020 at 12:07 PM, Dreambiscuit said:

Wreck It Ralph

I love this movie. I hadn't seen it in months and I always enjoy it. 

Spoiler

The last Movie i watched was " Tales from the Crypt presents Ritual ", which is the last thing that the Tales from the Crypt Franchise ever did.

Its a Horror movie made for a Franchise that either mostly features gore or plot twists at the end. And apart from the beginning of the film, this movie has neither of those. After the intro scene it slowly turned into a normal mystery film with horrible cgi scenes. They even had some sort of a Monster make up for the main bad guy but only showed it for a few seconds as a hallucination. Otherwise this movie was really calm compared to the rest of the Franchise.

The ending was specially anticlimatic, it even lacked any sort of final fight, like the previous 2 movies had. It just ended.

After watching it, i can say that this movie is a waste of time. I guess its not the worst i have ever seen, but its just so unspecial and boring towards the end. You dont really get any sort of payoff.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, TigerGeekGuy said:

War for the Planet of the Apes - not as good as Dawn, but definitely a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy.

That whole trilogy is so good. I remember thinking Rise was going to suck before it was released, but when I finally saw it I was shocked by how much I loved the film and the character of Caeser. Then Dawn came out and was even better (And had the best villain in the series with Koba) and then we got an incredible/dark conclusion with War (Which is my favorite of the series and my favorite film of 2017). And after seeing what director Matt Reeves did with Dawn and War, I can't wait to see his Batman film.

• Brohoof 2

It is Batman: Hush. I stil think it wasn't the best DCAMU movie. I'll probably lower than Bad Blood. Feel like dumping the Catwoman thing and the Hush thing together in a single movie wasn't too much of a good idea. Or at least they should have execute it better. But Dick is always fun so I still enjoy him. And I wish Damian did more than calling Bruce. I have conflicted feelings about Babs' prominent presence/role in the Bat Team. I like the ending though. I like several parts of it actually. I think my feelings towards it is simillar to how I feel about Batman Ninja. Interesting idea and story, but the story writing, not really. Would it have been better as a short series/longer movie? I can't quite say for sure. Think I haven't thought of it long enough. 

• Brohoof 1

OH, yes why the hell did Cartoon Network think that A sneak peek after the Teen Titans movie 2019 was a good idea  reboot it look like all the thunder cats were smoking crack of how terrible the drawings are and please the director thinks that a good thing ? Plus the fact they fucked up Snarf he's a damn robot." oh I'm Idiot  leader dofus LION'O  he might as well quit the team because the wonderbolts would bring him to tears why because the new show THUNDERCATS ROAR sucks bad and not in a good way ?

Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry

Honestly my favorite out of the two films. The animation is beautiful, and the badassery is turned up to a MILLION DEGREES. 

Plus there's so much Nalu I could cry!

Edited by Emerald Heart
  • Brohoof 1

The Peanut Butter Falcon. 9/10 great movie and fun! I like the relationship between two friends, Tyler and Zak. Shia has really skyrocketed in his performance.  I mean you can’t believe it’s the same guy who played Sam from transformer. I feel as though this movie should have been acknowledged in the Grammy or The Oscar instead of “Ford vs  Ferrari”.

3 minutes ago, TBD said:

The Peanut Butter Falcon. 9/10 great movie and fun! I like the relationship between two friends, Tyler and Zak. Shia has really skyrocketed in his performance.  I mean you can’t believe it’s the same guy who played Sam from transformer. I feel as though this movie should have been acknowledged in the Grammy or The Oscar instead of “Ford vs  Ferrari”.

Don't you start...

3 hours ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Don't you start...

:lie:

….

I will say no more. :sealed: 

• Brohoof 1

Literally just got finished watching this crime thriller from 1999 called 8mm. It stars Nicolas Cage (Who gives a great performance BTW) as a private investigator trying to solve the mystery of a girl was abused and murdered on film. I found the film to be really dark and intense with a terrific and satisfying ending. Joaquin Phoenix and James Gandolfini are also in the film and are really strong as expected. It was directed by Joel Schumacher who is most well known for the infamous and hilariously awful Batman And Robin, but films like this and Lost Boys shows that he has talent and that he could've actually made a truly dark and potentially great Batman film had WB not been so concerned with selling toys at the time.

4 hours ago, TwilightEclipse said:

last movie i watched was the joker and i loved it ! i even watched it the second time XD

The best film of 2019 IMO.

I watched this anime film called A Silent Voice on Netflix a couple of hours ago. It's about a boy who bullied a deaf girl in elementary school seeking redemption and the girl's forgiveness a few years later. Incredibly heartbreaking film that actually got me kind of teary eyed at points with gorgeous animation and a powerful story.