Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Sonic the Hedgehog. I don't go to the cinemas often, so this was somewhat of a special occasion. The film was a lot better than I imagined it and was surprsingly heartfelt. Jim Carrey absolutely stole the show as Robotnik/Eggman, but I'll give James Marsden props, as he did a good job portraying a person who I wasn't sure if I was going to like.

• Brohoof 2

Fire in the Sky - not what I was expecting, but the abduction scene certainly delivered. (7/10)

The Fourth Kind - I both love and hate this movie. I love that it's one of the only good found footage films I've seen about aliens, the others I can think of are Phoenix Forgotten and one of the stories out of V/H/S 2, the only one of those I really like is V/H/S 2's story. I hate this movie because it basically lies to the audience about being true, which I know is part of the illusion, except that The Fourth Kind takes it too far. Don't get me wrong, this film actually gave me the creeps when I first watched it years ago, but now I can't help but get a bad taste in my mouth when I re-watch it knowing how it just straight-up lies to you. It just makes me wish there were more found footage films about aliens. (6/10)

Hereditary - I still stand by my previous opinion about this film, it's still great. One of the best horror films I've seen. When re-watching, I loved finding all the different clues and little hints given throughout the film. God, I love this movie. (10/10)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I watched Cold Pursuit (2019).

I laughed at a lot of the bad reviews I see on Rotten Tomatoes bringing up politics for no good reason, but I agree with the consensus. It is a gripping movie that uses irreverent humor in an effective way. My gripes are mainly in the writing. It's... not very good. They tell the audience more than they need to, as far as many plot points will be bashed over your head two or three times before the movie is over. Also, there are just some moments that the writing gets to the point of making me cringe. However, the only reason that in and of itself isn't bad enough to make it a mediocre movie, is because of how the movie doesn't take itself quite seriously enough to make it too much of a problem. 7/10.

Edited by Angel_Dust
  • Brohoof 1

Evil Dead (1981) - The original one that started it all. Honestly, quite refreshing to watch despite being somewhat hilariously outdated by today's standards. A lot of unique takes to some common horror movie clichés, like the reveal of the monster with the card test. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to watch the sequels and eventually, the remake for comparison. 9/10

Wolf Creek (2005) - Oh man, this is quite a movie. It was great, honestly. Scary in how real it is. Y'know, I always used to consider supernatural entities to be scarier than regular ol' humans, but the antagonist in Wolf Creek makes me take all that back. 10/10 from me.

• Brohoof 1

I watched Dc Comics " The Kitchen " and it was alright. It definitely had Scenes i enjoyed, even though in comparison to earlier Dc Imprint Films like " Road to Perdition " and " A History of Violence " it was Kind off boring.

But it was still fine, i still like it.

• Brohoof 1

Jojo Rabbit

I loved the idea of not only viewing a WWII world through a ten year old's eyes but add in an exaggerated Nazi viewpoint, and moments of satirized Hitler and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

• Brohoof 1