Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

A movie called Mr. Right

It's basically how a girl falls in love with a serial killer and they start dating and then she gets wrapped up into all his stuff and goes all badass.

Or, the Netflix summary:

"He's got everything she wants in a man, with just one exception. One very bloody, twisted exception."

It's a comedy and super action-y. I actually enjoyed it.

(It's not a horror movie)

• Brohoof 1

Doctor Sleep - I loved this! I couldn't help but fanboy during multiple scenes in this movie. I loved every aspect of it, the visuals, the universe-building, just... everything. Having watched The Shining, I just knew I had to watch this. There were even scene reenactments from the prequel! I might be letting my inner fanboy speak a bit too much right now, because I haven't actually thought about it 'measuring up' to The Shining. I don't think that was ever the intention of this film, and let's be honest, how can one 'measure up' to a masterpiece anyways? No, this film for me was just pure fun and an expansion upon the character/abilities of Danny Torrance, which I really enjoyed. I honestly loved how it all tied together with the events of the prequel. 8 - 10/10 from me. Let my fanboy die down a bit and I'll probably give a more concrete score later, but for now I'll give it a solid 9/10.

1 hour ago, TigerGeekGuy said:

Doctor Sleep - I loved this! I couldn't help but fanboy during multiple scenes in this movie. I loved every aspect of it, the visuals, the universe-building, just... everything. Having watched The Shining, I just knew I had to watch this. There were even scene reenactments from the prequel! I might be letting my inner fanboy speak a bit too much right now, because I haven't actually thought about it 'measuring up' to The Shining. I don't think that was ever the intention of this film, and let's be honest, how can one 'measure up' to a masterpiece anyways? No, this film for me was just pure fun and an expansion upon the character/abilities of Danny Torrance, which I really enjoyed. I honestly loved how it all tied together with the events of the prequel. 8 - 10/10 from me. Let my fanboy die down a bit and I'll probably give a more concrete score later, but for now I'll give it a solid 9/10.

Still need to watch this. That Blu ray is high up on my list (Includes 2 cuts of the film).

• Brohoof 2

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. It felt very meta. I found some parts boring and confusing, but the climax was very satisfying. And the director's take on the historical events is rather peculiar.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Oleks said:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. It felt very meta. I found some parts boring and confusing, but the climax was very satisfying. And the director's take on the historical events is rather peculiar.

I didn't completely love the film either, but I have a feeling it may grow on me after repeat viewings like other Tarantino films. And yes the third act was amazing.

• Brohoof 2

21 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

I didn't completely love the film either, but I have a feeling it may grow on me after repeat viewings like other Tarantino films. And yes the third act was amazing.

Me? I really enjoyed it when I first saw and have only come to love it even more.

• Brohoof 2

Jumanji: the next level. 9/10 

Of course I always enjoy Jumanji so it was no surprise for me to give this movie a good rating.  It’s not as funny as the first but still fun and hilarious nevertheless!! :kirin: I’m so happy they’re planning to make a third! 

• Brohoof 1

On 3/8/2020 at 3:40 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

The last movie I watched was The Invisible Man. 

I haven’t seen it and not planning to. But from what I’ve seen in a trailer is I didn’t like the part how they shift the plot from a mad scientist thriller movie into a fifty shade of gray horror. :pout:

• Brohoof 1

The Andromeda Strain 1971. 

I always liked watching this when I was little but it is pretty gross at times and they clearly had no laws protecting animals from harm when they made this thing. Some inappropriate stuff like that makes it hard to watch. 

• Brohoof 2

Anti-Viral (2013).

This film gets hate for no discernible reason whatsoever. 40% audience score on RT, 5.7/10 on IMdB... This is actually, legitimately a good film. In fact, probably the best body horror I've seen. (In other words, the body horror film equivalent of StWOm?) This is the kind of movie I see people realizing was an absolute masterpiece in the future. I mean who reviews these movies, corrupt schizophrenics who want to silence a film that has something VERY applicable to say about celebrity worship? I guess some people really don't like what this film has to say. Anyways, only real fault with it is a simplistic plot that lacks a bit of needed complexity. But the themes alone and just the masterful cinematography demand respect. Surely deserves masterpiece status, which I think a few years down the line it may get. 9.25/10.

Edited by Angel_Dust

Sailor Moon: The Movie, recommended to me by @Emerald Heart. It's a fun fanfilm that distills the Dark Kingdom arc down to its bare bones, and has...basically everything you could possibly want from a Sailor Moon film adaptation. I'm reminded of MMPR: The Movie (from 1995) and the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film especially, given its small budget and cast.

• Brohoof 2

The Green Book (twice now) 

I were watching it during my long paid break when I decided not to 'work' under a company who refused to give me a raise.  :nom: