Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Onward.

Spoiler

It could have been good, and had some clever touches here and there, but as always Disney couldn’t keep their boardroom out of it and saturated it with too many political statements and daddy issues to be truly enjoyable.

Cats (2019)

Spoiler

It was alright considering it’s based on a Broadway show with the weakest plot ever. I did like the costumes though; the added effects made their ears and tails look good. 

• Brohoof 1

“Saving Private Ryan” 8/10

of course I love any war related movies, so this was expected. The only thing is I don’t get the part where their priority is to bring one man home for just one mother when they should be focusing on the war... but you know? It’s for the sake of the plot. As long it’s good then who cares.

• Brohoof 1

Watchmen (2009). I enjoyed it, even though it was so long. I was surprised how close to the comic it was. Most of the cast were perfect for their roles, and the deviations from the comic were not terrible. Also, I think Rorschach is one of my favorite superheroes now.

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Oleks said:

Watchmen (2009). I enjoyed it, even though it was so long. I was surprised how close to the comic it was. Most of the cast were perfect for their roles, and the deviations from the comic were not terrible. Also, I think Rorschach is one of my favorite superheroes now.

It's good, save for Malin Akerman who was just awful as Silk Spectre.

6 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

It's good, save for Malin Akerman who was just awful as Silk Spectre.

Yep, she was the weakest part of the film. And for some reason they didn't even mention her character's real (Polish) surname. 

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Also, not sure if I'd classify Rorschach as a hero.

I think what he is is called "anti-hero", but he beats bad guys and fights for justice, and that's enough for me.

• Brohoof 1

JoJo Rabbit (2019)

This is such a great movie. It's about how a young highly impressionable propagandized mind can lead someone down paths they never would have otherwise, and watching that person's mind change as they grow and understand themselves, and the world around them.

It's also very funny and heart-wrenching, and balances these moments appropriately.

Edited by Dark Rider
spelling
  • Brohoof 1

Call of the Wild (2020)

Spoiler

I loved seeing Harrison Ford, but this movie doesn’t cut it. Using CG dogs instead of real animals made it so cartoonish I expected them to start talking and making wisecracks at any moment. They weren’t convincing and nor was the ridiculous attempt to rewrite history to make it PC. A good idea for a movie but poorly executed.   

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Call of the Wild (2020)

Reveal hidden contents

I loved seeing Harrison Ford, but this movie doesn’t cut it. Using CG dogs instead of real animals made it so cartoonish I expected them to start talking and making wisecracks at any moment. They weren’t convincing and nor was the ridiculous attempt to rewrite history to make it PC. A good idea for a movie but poorly executed.   

OMG, I wanna see that. ^^

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The last movie I watched is Watchmen. I'm not a fan of superhero movies at all and haven't watched anything since Civil War, but Watchmen is a great movie!

Spoiler

Especially I like dark noir atmosphere and that they didn't do happy end

Edited by Ooredelen
  • Brohoof 3

BlackkKlansman 8/10

In the beginning it started off a bit shaky and bit distorted with many things coming in without letting me being adsorbed by its moments. Till the half way to the movie,  things has gotten a bit more intense and the pacing begin to slow down. So I like it how near the halfway to ending, it slowed down, allowing viewers to be in that moment where it's very critical as we get deeper into the core of racism. The ending of a real-life footage and of course Trump's stupidity for ignorance about.  I has seen and heard of before, but now it  reminded me again how human are at the worst and it's still going. Now targeting the Asians due to the covid-19.  It sad to see that this kind of things is still active till this very day. Trump is also at the lead for republic, and I'm damned sure it is not because Russian hacking the system..can't we not be ignorant?  Overall though, I love the movie. It's fresh and I can appreciated them not exaggerating the real event that actually happened. At the same keeping in the level still  to show us what has happened and what's happening now. It's not pretty and racism is still out there. I hate when people goes about Racism only exist because I or people talks about it. We wouldn't have talked about in the first place if wasn't for active racism. Oh also lots of good dark humors to lighten up the mood.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Call of the Wild (2020)

Reveal hidden contents

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I always thought animated animals looks so off coming from this kind of setting. I would think it would better if they could use real animals instead. But thought it be would too much work and time to train dog in a action setting.   pfft, look at War horse, sure they have three scene CGI, but most of the "horse scenes" are real horses and it's executed perfectly with the setting. 

• Brohoof 1