GrooveBroove

Mega Thread Last Movie You Watched?

The Andromeda Strain 1971. 

I always liked watching this when I was little but it is pretty gross at times and they clearly had no laws protecting animals from harm when they made this thing. Some inappropriate stuff like that makes it hard to watch. 

The newest Charlie's Angels movie. It was fun. Don't know why the reviews were so bad.

Badges

Zombieland: Double-Tap

Not as good as the first, but still some entertaining moments. I actually liked Madison the most. (freaked out she is Lea Thompson's daughter) 5/10

(edited)

Anti-Viral (2013).

This film gets hate for no discernible reason whatsoever. 40% audience score on RT, 5.7/10 on IMdB... This is actually, legitimately a good film. In fact, probably the best body horror I've seen. (In other words, the body horror film equivalent of StWOm?) This is the kind of movie I see people realizing was an absolute masterpiece in the future. I mean who reviews these movies, corrupt schizophrenics who want to silence a film that has something VERY applicable to say about celebrity worship? I guess some people really don't like what this film has to say. Anyways, only real fault with it is a simplistic plot that lacks a bit of needed complexity. But the themes alone and just the masterful cinematography demand respect. Surely deserves masterpiece status, which I think a few years down the line it may get. 9.25/10.

Edited by Angel_Dust

On 3/9/2020 at 12:55 AM, Super Splashee said:

WALL-EEeeeeeeeEEEEEEE    EEVVAaaaAAA

OH NO. I WATCHED THAT MOVIE ONCE AND CRIED SO HARD.

Badges

Sailor Moon: The Movie, recommended to me by @Emerald Heart. It's a fun fanfilm that distills the Dark Kingdom arc down to its bare bones, and has...basically everything you could possibly want from a Sailor Moon film adaptation. I'm reminded of MMPR: The Movie (from 1995) and the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film especially, given its small budget and cast.

The Green Book (twice now) 

I were watching it during my long paid break when I decided not to 'work' under a company who refused to give me a raise.  :nom:

Onward.

Spoiler

It could have been good, and had some clever touches here and there, but as always Disney couldn’t keep their boardroom out of it and saturated it with too many political statements and daddy issues to be truly enjoyable.

Cats (2019)

Spoiler

It was alright considering it’s based on a Broadway show with the weakest plot ever. I did like the costumes though; the added effects made their ears and tails look good. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1

Primary Colors (1998) - A brilliant and hilarious political satire that features one of John Travolta's best performances. out of 10.

“Saving Private Ryan” 8/10

of course I love any war related movies, so this was expected. The only thing is I don’t get the part where their priority is to bring one man home for just one mother when they should be focusing on the war... but you know? It’s for the sake of the plot. As long it’s good then who cares.

Yeah, great movie. Know black hawk down and Behind Enemy Lines?

Watchmen (2009). I enjoyed it, even though it was so long. I was surprised how close to the comic it was. Most of the cast were perfect for their roles, and the deviations from the comic were not terrible. Also, I think Rorschach is one of my favorite superheroes now.

17 minutes ago, Oleks said:

Watchmen (2009). I enjoyed it, even though it was so long. I was surprised how close to the comic it was. Most of the cast were perfect for their roles, and the deviations from the comic were not terrible. Also, I think Rorschach is one of my favorite superheroes now.

It's good, save for Malin Akerman who was just awful as Silk Spectre.

6 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

It's good, save for Malin Akerman who was just awful as Silk Spectre.

Yep, she was the weakest part of the film. And for some reason they didn't even mention her character's real (Polish) surname. 

25 minutes ago, Oleks said:

Yep, she was the weakest part of the film. And for some reason they didn't even mention her character's real (Polish) surname. 

Also, not sure if I'd classify Rorschach as a hero.

6 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Also, not sure if I'd classify Rorschach as a hero.

I think what he is is called "anti-hero", but he beats bad guys and fights for justice, and that's enough for me.

Training Day - A tense, thrilling, and expertly written crime drama that features Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke at the top of their game. 8.5 out of 10.

JoJo Rabbit (2019)

This is such a great movie. It's about how a young highly impressionable propagandized mind can lead someone down paths they never would have otherwise, and watching that person's mind change as they grow and understand themselves, and the world around them.

It's also very funny and heart-wrenching, and balances these moments appropriately.

Edited by Dark Rider
spelling

Badges