Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

On 4/5/2020 at 2:21 PM, TBD said:

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I always thought animated animals looks so off coming from this kind of setting. I would think it would better if they could use real animals instead. But thought it be would too much work and time to train dog in a action setting.   pfft, look at War horse, sure they have three scene CGI, but most of the "horse scenes" are real horses and it's executed perfectly with the setting. 

Exactly!! I agree 100%

Real animals have been used since movies began and they always managed it fine. I think they use CG as a crutch too often. 

• Brohoof 3

52 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Exactly!! I agree 100%

Real animals have been used since movies began and they always managed it fine. I think they use CG as a crutch too often. 

Yep. I enjoyed the movie but I would have enjoyed it more if the used a real dog and not a CGI one.

• Brohoof 1

Last week on cable rented JUMANJI THE NEXT LEVEL awesome movie lots of laughs just Imagine if Pinkie Pie was in this move and her weakness was Cake! Plus there's a scene out of the 80's video game later in the movie with the Mandrills monkeys with the wooden bridges remind of anything ? Try DONKEY KONG COUNTRY enjoy!

On 4/8/2020 at 4:57 PM, rainbowdashacademy said:

awesome movie lots of laughs just Imagine if Pinkie Pie was in this move and her weakness was Cake!

Funny you mentioned that because I wrote a fiction on Jumanjii crossover with mlp.

I watched Trolls: World Tour. 7/10 I love trolls since they're at the same level as MLP.

Spoiler

Although I enjoy the second one more than the first. I like it how they turned music genre into trolls. so creative. The only thing I don't like is how the plot is moving a bit too fast like they just boom okay we save the world, done. I was hoping they could spent more time to create a friendship bond between Poppy and Barb. Instead of focusing on too much on poppy and Branch as if they always had in the first one.

Yeah I can feel for Barb completely. Rock being dead and also not knowing how to make friends. At the end of the movie none of that is being solved or rather poorly solved. Rock music is still be ignored or rather drained out from the rest of the popular genres; pop, country techno, and funk. I hate to brings this to the real world but it's true. Barb who said friendship only comes in building times and trust, but that got thrown out the window when she becomes friend with poppy within 5 second even after she one, imprisoned poppy and two, destroyed half the kingdoms. The bond could've work if Barb met Poppy in the beginning or having more encounterments throughout the movie. Like Tempest and Twilight sparkle. Rival to friend.

I want the moment when they both make a music together and thus creates a pop rock. You get the beatle, the beach boy, the beegee.   I like how all music trolls genre accept the differences and combined, but Rock itself I feel, are still getting drained out from it. 

BUT the symbol of the movie shown music genre can't die unless you let it to die. I love that part. That hits a home run for the movie. :blush:

Overall I think the whole movie is adorable and its so much like MLP the movie. 

• Brohoof 1

Other night watch a parody comedy spoof movie called HUNGOVERGAMES - It was rainboomin fucking hilarious what more could you ask for Hungover with Hunger Games.

Plus two scary movies I watched last night were CANDY CORN and BONEHILL ROAD with pack of Werewolves and a Serial Killer!  Candy Corn was good but looks like Bone Hill Road was better of a gore fest scary movie enjoy!

Onward 10/10

I love this movie so much! Never have I cried so much for watching a movie. And I still feel bit emotional just thinking about it. Everything and every moments is spectacular! I would say in my opinion that “Onward” is Disney and Pixar best film yet.

• Brohoof 1

So I finally watched Cats last night. Wow. It really was every bit as bad as I had heard. It's shocking in a way since director Tom Hooper also made The King's Speech (One of the best films of 2010 IMO). This film has no structure or real character development, the attempts at actually being funny fall flat, the CGI on the cats looks weird and creepy (You could tell that from the trailer though), there's a bunch of CGI glitches like Judi Dench's human hand with a ring on it being visible and the cats wearing sneakers on one shot, and I found pretty much all of the songs to be annoying. There are some so bad it's funny parts like some of the dance moves the cats make during the songs and parts of Sir Ian McKellen's performance, but it's not enough to make me put it on the same level as say The Room or Troll 2. I've never seen the original musical and now I have absolutely no desire to. This is one of the worst films to come out of the 2010's. 

0/5

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

I recently watched the movie The Lighthouse and it was...... very different, but in a good way to say the least. 

Loved it. If you want to see how great of an actor Robert Pattinson really is, watch films like The Lighthouse (And Good Time).