Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

20 hours ago, AppleButt said:

Last movie I watched was “The Meg” 

Im a sucker for cheesy shark movies.

I feel like the cheesiness is needed for a shark movie to be good or it wouldn't be as enjoyable haha.

I watched ratatouille and some mad max recently, some movies I feel like you watch over and over still enjoy them.

• Brohoof 2

Star Wars: A New Hope (original theatrical edition).

I love the original version best, with or without the ANH subtitle on the opening crawl. Needless to say I enjoyed the daylights out of this movie and it will always be one of my all-time favorites. I might watch it again tonight. 

• Brohoof 4

The last movie I watched was Impractical Jokers: The Movie. It didn’t go as I expected but still a good watch.

• Brohoof 1

I rarely watch a movie at home or outside my home. The last movie I saw was Sonic the Hedgehog. And it was a very good movie. I liked how actually this film is about Sonic and his emotions.

• Brohoof 1

I was curious about the sequel to Trolls so my mom and I watched Trolls World Tour together tonight. It was actually pretty funny.

• Brohoof 1

The Place Beyond The Pines with Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper, and Dane Dehaan. Great film with strong performances from the cast, great cinematography, and just a well directed and emotional story. It's on Netflix right now if you're interested.

• Brohoof 1

Just rewatched Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade. Such a good/fun movie. My favorite Indy film is still Raiders, but Last Crusade might have the most heart in the series with the relationship between Indiana Jones and his father.

• Brohoof 2

I watched the newest 2 Dc Movies " Joker " and " Birds of Prey and the fantabolous emancipation of one Harley Quinn ".

Joker was a really good Movie and did a well done origin Story of Joker so that many common things in later playing Batman related Things make so much more sense now. It was a Pretty dark and sad movie at times but it worked. Altough i felt a tiny bit disappointed from the movies climax since i expected worse things to happen but it made sense, it was alright. Joker is a very good movie.

" Birds of Prey and the way to long title that they use as an apology for not really focusing on the Birds of Prey all to much because it is basically just a Harley Quinn Movie if we are being totally honest here ", was pretty fine as well. It had Harley Quinn in it, she played her role well, the narration was funny and the fourth wall breaking was done better here as it was in Deadpool. ( sorry i dont like Deadpool all to much ) The villain was kindoff stupid but the fight Scenes were good enough that i can see past that.

If i count this movie as just being an Harley Quinn film, it works really well, if i see this movie as a birds of Prey film i am dissappointed. The costumes arent there at all and i fell like this Movie just pokes fun at some of the Birds of Prey characters, like it is just supposed to be a parody or something, they come to short and in the end it really feels that the Birds of Prey were just an afterthought since they didnt know how to fill the time with just Harley Quinn.

It was still good and fun and i enjoyed it. But as a Birds of Prey Adaptation ( even though i dont read the Comics ) it probably sucked.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Bas said:

So Harley Quinn is NOT the villain? :blink:.

Nope. I guess they are trying to market her as an Anti-Hero.

I recently watched all 4 Bionicle Movies in a row and i was actually surprised how much i enjoyed them, despite having no nostalgia for them.

The first Movie " The Mask of Light " was kinda meh, i didnt care all to much for the characters sadly, it was good, just a bit boring towards the end. I find it weird that for some reason they decided that the fight against the Antagonist should Play out in a Sports game instead of an actual fight.Then they did a lot of cheap and chliche fake deaths and in the end i didnt care for it all to much. It is predictable and Nothing special for me sadly.

Bionicle 2 on the other Hand was very enjoyable, i cared for the characters, the Animation improved and there were some actual fight Scenes and even a kinda good plot Twist. I was surprised how much i enjoyed this movie, it was great.

Bionicle 3 was even better, it had more interesting Villains and more interesting Settings and i once again enjoyed all the way trough.

Bionicle - The Legend Reborn was also really good, Also the Soundtracks improved with each movie and i am surprised by the high amount of cool rock Songs they use during the credits.This sorta reboot/Sequel had once again good fight Scenes and great Animation. The Story was left unfinished since they planned to do 2 more films, but the toyline got seemingly discontinued and plans for further Movies got cancelled. But it was still enjoyable.

All in all i was positively surprised. Well apart from the first movie.

• Brohoof 1

Southpaw.

Hardly an original boxing movie, but rather entertaining nevertheless. Though ending could have been predicted from the very start, movie still had me sitting on the edge of my seat. Soundtrack was great, excellent workout music! :angry:

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Divine plywood said:

Southpaw.

Hardly an original boxing movie, but rather entertaining nevertheless. Though ending could have been predicted from the very start, movie still had me sitting on the edge of my seat. Soundtrack was great, excellent workout music! :angry:

One of Antoine Fuqua's more underrated films.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

There's a director's cut?

Well, sort of? The dub that aired on TV here was censored in several places. This was the original presentation of the movie on DVD. I probably should have worded it better ^-^;

• Brohoof 1