Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

(edited)

There Will Be Blood (2007).

image.png.1ea22b65c6260210d4037f4cadcc4ff5.png

This movie is very, very close to a cinematic masterpiece. The acting in this movie is so close to perfect it would be likely impossible to find a single performance that WASN'T at least good if not stellar. The writing of this movie, although sometimes losing me for a minute or two was quite great as well. The only flaw with this movie that I find really note-worthy is that its ending, although poignant with some thought applied, doesn't seem like the best ending for this movie. I will, nonetheless, say this movie is probably one of the best westerns (yes, it is a western even if it lacks a lot of standard western tropes and presents itself as a drama moreso than a normal western) to come out in the last 2 decades. I would say No Country for Old Men is the only one that I can definitively say is better. 9.5/10.

Edited by Dustlicious ( > ω < )
  • Brohoof 1

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge. I really enjoyed it. It was almost everything I expected from an R-rated Mortal Kombat film, and it's fairly true to the games. I hope they'll make a sequel.

(edited)

Hercule Poirot - Hickory Dickory Dock. It's actually two episodes of the series, but I saw it presented as a complete movie. Since the production values were flawless, I think it counts.

The sub-plut was a little silly, but fun. Poor chief inspector Japp ended up being Poirot's house guest until his wife returned from her trip. Nobody would tell him what a bidet was. He was hot in the middle of the night...AND COOLED HIS FACE!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

Last two movies I watched Pooka and Pooka lives !  A horror movie about a person going insane in a creepy Furby suit when it's eyes headlights turn blue your safe but when they turn red you die !  The sequel explains the whole thing about   Pooka better as some crazed girl at home creates the creepy kids Furby toy both movies are cheesy both I enjoyed them !

On 6/16/2020 at 11:23 AM, PinkieSpy said:

STAR TREK BEYONDnot as great as the first two, but still solid and action packed!

440ae908187a1f989dcb250c8f18f4e4.jpg

I really thought it was better. Paid respect to the original and no Jar-Jar Abrams to lens flair it up.

On 6/16/2020 at 11:23 AM, PinkieSpy said:

STAR TREK BEYONDnot as great as the first two, but still solid and action packed!

440ae908187a1f989dcb250c8f18f4e4.jpg

Into Darkness is better than Beyond? Okay.

The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014).

grand-budapest-hotel.png&f=1&nofb=1

This film is a well-crafted and not very serious exploration of the feeling of nostalgia as well as the oppression of fascist regimes on minority characters (being that Gustave in the film is openly bisexual, Zero seems to be an allegory for Arabian immigrants, and Kovacs is Jewish), and LGBT persons, immigrants, and Jews were some of the most heavily affected by Nazism. One flaw I find with it is that it seems like it didn't take quite enough time to flesh out the characters of the movie, but other than that this is actually a really good film and from what I know of so far probably Wes Anderson's best film. 9/10.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Furret ᐡ꒳ᐡ said:

Into Darkness is better than Beyond? Okay.

The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014).

grand-budapest-hotel.png&f=1&nofb=1

This film is a well-crafted and not very serious exploration of the feeling of nostalgia as well as the oppression of fascist regimes on minority characters (being that Gustave in the film is openly bisexual, Zero seems to be an allegory for Arabian immigrants, and Kovacs is Jewish), and LGBT persons, immigrants, and Jews were some of the most heavily affected by Nazism. One flaw I find with it is that it seems like it didn't take quite enough time to flesh out the characters of the movie, but other than that this is actually a really good film and from what I know of so far probably Wes Anderson's best film. 9/10.

I'm very excited for The French Dispatch later this year.

A Whisker Away. 

Brand new on Netflix. This was pretty good, and I haven't seen a really solid new anime feature for a while now. Not perfect, but just fine, and had some nice original touches. I enjoyed it. 

• Brohoof 1

Blade Runner 2049. It felt very dragged on, and the main character was rather dull. They could have done something much better with the premise.