Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

1 minute ago, Oleks said:

Blade Runner 2049. It felt very dragged on, and the main character was rather dull. They could have done something much better with the premise.

I personally loved it! Never bothered me that it was slow as the original was also a slow burn noir film. Plus, I think it features one of Ryan Gosling's best performances.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

I personally loved it! Never bothered me that it was slow as the original was also a slow burn noir film. Plus, I think it features one of Ryan Gosling's best performances.

I loved Gosling's performance in Drive, but here I was just bored. It probably has something to do with the soundtrack. Or maybe futuristic noir is not for me.

Edited by Oleks

Friday the 13 pt7: The New Blood

An interesting sequel the concept of having a character with psychokinesis go against an unstoppable killing machine like Jason Voorhees was certainly a good concept. Was it executed well? Ehh I’d say it did alright. Just like the movie itself. Pretty good. 

• Brohoof 1

Friday the 13 part 8: Jason takes Manhattan. 
Okay. This one was uh. Alright? Not too great. Wish there was more in you know..Manhattan. 20/10 Good boi in it though with Toby. Also 

3D6ECFC5-385F-49EF-9A13-4C0E13F7BB06.gif.695c4cc1d7b69807c1fc79046d640e25.gif

one of the best parts of the entire movie. 

• Brohoof 1

47 minutes ago, Larksy said:

Friday the 13 part 8: Jason takes Manhattan. 
Okay. This one was uh. Alright? Not too great. Wish there was more in you know..Manhattan. 20/10 Good boi in it though with Toby. Also 

3D6ECFC5-385F-49EF-9A13-4C0E13F7BB06.gif.695c4cc1d7b69807c1fc79046d640e25.gif

one of the best parts of the entire movie. 

Could be worse, could be Jason Goes to Hell.

Just now, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Could be worse, could be Jason Goes to Hell.

I don’t even have the last two. I got the 8 movie series pack. I’m honestly not even sure if I wanna watch 9 and 10. It’s kind of guilty pleasure level.  But not as much as Freddy’s Dead in my eyes. Which I will mostly defend because it’s just clearly just mainly stupid fun. 

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Larksy said:

I don’t even have the last two. I got the 8 movie series pack. I’m honestly not even sure if I wanna watch 9 and 10. It’s kind of guilty pleasure level.  But not as much as Freddy’s Dead in my eyes. Which I will mostly defend because it’s just clearly just mainly stupid fun. 

Jason X is at least fun to watch in part because of how self aware it is. It's the perfect so bad it's good experience.

• Brohoof 1

Sonic 6/10 Eh...it was okay although it was better than Detective Pikachu. It was kinda boring and plot dragging and Sonic is so annoying. I don't like it how they made him so insecure over little things and a complete moron. Sonic is suppose be the too-cool for school "jock" type with a smart mouth and not an whining "12 year" idiot. I think the movie would have better if they go the same route as Sonic the first movie. And have tails and knuckles with him. It really takes away the fun of it all but Jim was great as Dr. Robotnik nevertheless.

• Brohoof 1

I watched Equestria Girls Legend of Everfree on Netflix a couple weeks back, I also watched Equestria Girls Friendship Games a few nights before watching Legend of Everfree as well. I honestly forgot how much I liked the EQG movies because it had been such a long time since I had actually sat down to watch a few! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

1990’s It Miniseries(yes I’m counting it as a movie hush)

In an attempt to face my Coulrophobia I decided to watch this, I had watch it in parts on Vimeo because I couldn’t find anywhere else that just had the full thing. Honestly was the far better choice. This damned thing caused that phobia when I was like 5 or 6. I saw a few bits of it back then and it scarred me. I think I’ve practically conquered this phobia. As for the movie. Eh it was alright. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

We rewatched the Big Lebowski (This is I believe my third time watching it).

Definitely a great example of a comedic noir-style film if I've ever seen one, and probably the best comedy film I've seen. Much more cerebral and actually funny than SOME comedies I must say *cough cough* Dirty Grandpa *cough cough*. Plus there's a sort of philosophy to it that I can appreciate.

Edited by Dusknoir