Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Binge watched the whole A Nightmare On Elm Street series. For the 3rd time. But here’s my view on the entire series. (Minus FvJ. Because I refuse to watch it. And I don’t even have it. My blu ray collection only has the first 7 movies. Plus no matter how hard you try to convince me otherwise I don’t consider Freddy vs Jason canon  to the series.) 

A Nightmare On Elm Street: A classic. This along with Dream Warriors are the ones I’ve seen the most. Love it. Still find the sleeves missing their stripes off putting. But that’s nitpicky. The acting isn’t the best at times tbh. But I still love it dearly. Also Nancy did the home alone traps before Kevin did. And she was trying to go after a guy who actually was going to kill her not just some burglars with them. Oh and those scenes where the traps go off on him are hilarious. 

A Nightmare On Elm Street 2 Freddy’s Revenge: Not the best but I don’t feel it deserves the hate it gets, I really don’t. It’s odd but I still enjoy it. Has some geniuely good moments I enjoy. Like the plate bit he was like an upset child or an angry cat there I love it. The pool party scenes a classic. The balls on that kid who tried to talk to Freddy as if they were trying to calm him down. Then there’s that random scene where the lovebird explodes and I still don’t fully understand that. It just exploded after having a fit. Weird. 

A Nightmare On Elm Street 3 Dream Warriors: My absolute favorite of the entire franchise. So many great moments. Favorite line comes from here too, the prime time one. All around classic in general. Definitely deserves its praise. Usually the one I turn to when I wanna watch a great movie.

A Nightmare On Elm Street 4 The Dream Master: Not the best but I still love it. Has its moments, with one kill I always look away from with the cockroach one. Sure it’s where the silliness really started kicking in but I really don’t care. I will still crack a smile at that stupid little soul pizza scene. 

A Nightmare On Elm Street 5 The Dream Child: Now here’s one I’m not immensely fond of tbh. It’s not perfect but I suppose I could rank it as pretty good. I mean it has its problems. But I can say this. The makeup job on Freddy is just weird in this one.I do dig the atmosphere this film has at times. Also fun fact Dan and Greta’s deaths had cut content. This is the only film in the series that had that iirc. Also the concept is just really interesting imo. 

Freddy’s Dead The Final Nightmare: Aside from the flashback scenes this movies pretty much just goofy fun in general. Plus c’mon Freddy was powerful enough to erase people from others memories. Basically I’ll defend practically every aspect of this movie to an extent. It’s just those flashback scenes from Freddy’s childhood have always made me uncomfortable. I mean I know what they were trying to do but still.

Wes Craven’s New Nightmare: Okay so this ones great ok. The Entity(The name of the demon that took on Freddy’s form in this one, even if it’s technically never really given) is great and honestly deserved more screen time. 

Spoiler

He also gets the 20/10 would hug and smooch and likely more than that rating but shh. But his true forms a total let down imo. Aside from the ears those were kinda cute.

I mean I even managed to compile a whole video of his moments. It’s only a bit over 7 minutes. I’d post the link but I’m a bit nervous since it’s got some violence in it heh. But overall pretty great. A return to the darker roots of the franchise. Certainly worth a watch. 

• Brohoof 1

I hate double posting but 

I’ll go with the last two movies I’ve watched. Which were both reboot it chapters. Incredible films. Definitely going to buy the box set with both in it so I can own them for myself. Also I do believe I have conquered my Coulrophobia now. I do highly recommend both films much like I recommend the entirety of my last post. Still proud that decided to face a phobia that’d been plaguing me for over 2 decades and conquer it like I have. 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Larksy 💤🤐🏒🎈 said:

I hate double posting but 

I’ll go with the last two movies I’ve watched. Which were both reboot it chapters. Incredible films. Definitely going to buy the box set with both in it so I can own them for myself. Also I do believe I have conquered my Coulrophobia now. I do highly recommend both films much like I recommend the entirety of my last post. Still proud that decided to face a phobia that’d been plaguing me for over 2 decades and conquer it like I have. 

Congratulations on taking the first step. 

DOOR IN WOODS  was it good well yes and no ?  The problem I had with the movie mother and father and son find this old creepy dilapidated door that is locked with chains for a reason. Then whole scare factor was weak as dry paint  on walls and No fucking gory scenes very disappointed !  You don't get close to middle half of movie where you find out about the dead children.

• Brohoof 1

On 7/17/2020 at 5:43 PM, You said:

There will be Blood

By recommendation of @TBD 🚬

I certainly liked this more than No Country for Old Men. Putting both somewhat together because they have been on close release date and both kinda retro perspective.

I think the most amazing of this movie is how the main character changes over time. More in spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

Battle of the jerks.

You search for a hero, a savior of the day in the movie, an ethic ground.

There is none.

The protagonist just evolves into an emotionless sociopath over time, or maybe even becoming insanely mad. You would also think he would have eventually to pay for his sins and felonies - but he is not. I am willing call this part debatable.

As he grows more and more evil and emotionally cold - you would hope for his rival to turn out to be the good guy, but he doesn't either.

There is also a bible passage quoted and it is fitting, which goes basically like this "Be vigilant, as I will sneak behind you and steal your own land like the thief I am"

I think the true irony comes if you have watched the movie once and then see how it starts and how the main character starts to turn into what he once despised.

So I looked up the summary and seen the trailer and it's definitely something I'd watch! And it's on Netflix too! Thanks for the recommendation!

Last movie I watch was Hamilton. 5/10 Eh..I don't get what's the hype about for this play.

Spoiler

It's a bit messy and the plot is scattered is some parts. I literately have to pull things in the back of my head of the American's history of the "making" to understand what's going on. I feel the singing part was huge distraction when it comes to telling it's history. I love movies /play that tell historical events but I just feel the constant singing is a poor way to executed it. Honestly, I was trying to enjoy while trying to understand the story (plot is executed poorly) and digging in my head for history background knowledge in order to understand the story is mentally exhausting. And constant singing/rappin ain't helping, which I grew annoyed of eventually. I love musical Broadway and I do know there are some who does constant singing. But in order for me to like it is that the melodies has to fit with the story and the setting. Hamilton failed at that.  Everything sounded the same and I lost interests on it. One thing that bothers me is the fact they have African american played as Thomas Jefferson, and it weird to see an African american playing as a white pro slavery guy. Just sayin.

Two key players I grew to like is Aaron Burr and King George. (despite of their history) I'm talking about characters itself. King George's song is hilarious. And I have sympathy for Aaron Burr despite of him being also not a good person but he was more relatable.   The ending part was good and I think it's the only part that I like since it show Mr.Burr realizing now he's the "villain" in a history book (actual quote). Which got me thinking but that's for some another time to discuss about how books and teachers tends to make historical characters a either one dimensional "hero" or "villain".  When in reality, history should be non-bias.

(edited)

I just watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Director’s Cut). I love this movie and it exemplifies summer movie entertainment (even though it wasn't originally a summer release). There are three versions of it and I think the Theatrical Version and Director’s Cut are the best. They give all the goodies without giving too much and ruining the ride like the ending on the Special Edition. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

I watched Sonic The Hedgehog ( the live action one, not the OVA one ) and it was Pretty good.

I didnt find all jokes funny, but there were some great Moments from Jim Carrey as Dr Robotnik/Eggman, i loved his design at the end, i also of Course liked the design of Sonic. It was good.

I also tried to watch The Bye Bye Man but slept away at some Point. Okay, i also might of watched it a bit to late. :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

Ex Machina. I liked it. The plot is predictable to an extent, but still managed to keep me engaged and deliver some surprises. Visual effects are quite good, and the actors do a great job.

• Brohoof 1

IT 1 and chapter 2 reboots I never cared for reboots if they ruin the movie?  But I'm surprised they would go that far when little brother Georgie  get's his arm bit off by Pennywise and eaten I was impressed by this new version.

Then tonight watched ANGRY BIRDS 2  movie it's just as funny as the first one plus they make fun of a closed down block buster store called Flock Busters !

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Tangled. Yup, watched it yet again. Being one of my all-timers, this one is gonna come up a lot.   

Excellent choice, Best Tangled Friend For Five-ever! *Cough * Biased *Cough* :mlp_smug:

I think the last movie I watched was Disney's Peter Pan (1953).

• Brohoof 1

Signs: Still one of my favorite movies despite all the plot holes and the tarnished reputation of M Night Shyamalan. The musical score, the use of implication, the overarching story, and not showing the aliens right off the bat all culminate in one of the most memorable movies, IMO. I loved it when I was younger and I still love it now.

• Brohoof 2

6 Underground.

Wow that movie really sucked. Self-consciously ‘brilliant’ with gimmicky, chaotic direction, dialog that sounded like it was scribbled between takes on the back of a cocktail napkin, and a desperate need of re-editing, with about 45 minutes cut altogether. Not sure anything would salvage that mess.

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2