Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

The Wiz (1978).

Talk about great idea met with poor execution. The songs are very catchy and the production value is impressive, but the direction is horrible and narratively speaking, it's a mess. No disrespect to Diana Ross, but she was woefully miscast as Dorothy. The decision to cast a middle aged woman as Dorothy really hurts the film because it makes her come off as a whiny brat instead of a frightened little girl like she was in the play and the original Wizard of Oz. 

4.5 out of 10.

Edited by TheAnimationFanatic

I fullfilled a long dream of mine and finally started to watch the Friday the 13th Franchise, starting with the first one from 1980, since you can buy them pretty cheaply on Amazon Prime now instead of overprized collector Dvds for hundreds of dollars.

I enjoyed the first Movie, even though it really feels like a Halloween ripoff at times, but the movie had suspense and like i expected an interesting end fight.

I was entertained, looking forward to watching the second one. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

Watched part 2 and 3 of friday the 13th.

I would say Part 2 was better than the first one with a bit more action going on, but the ending sucked and kinda ruined the experience. It didnt feel like they really defeated Jason in the first place, so the Cliffhanger is kinda annoying, since there was no payoff to begin with.

Thankfully though i watched the third part right after, which not only was even more intense and engaging ( hope that word is spelled correctly, cant take a look while on phone ) to watch but also introduced Jasons Hockey Mask.

However i am greatly disappointed that they didnt include a scene in which he puts on the mask, he just wears it at some point. I mean it is shown where the mask comes from but i still wish we would have seen it when he puts on the mask for the first time seeing how iconic it got.

However the ending is way better than the second part, part 3 is overall my favorite one at the moment followed by part 1.

• Brohoof 2

A couple of pretty well-made documentaries both addressing topics to do with corporatism: The Corporation (2003) and Greed: A Fatal Desire (2016/2017?). The Corporation tackles the evils of the corporate system with quite a degree of nuance, although that also seems to mean putting on corporate talking heads, CEOs, and the like who just say nonsense and lies. Greed tackles how overly obsessed society is with greed, and how it relates in particular to ego/permanence/and our survival as a species. I have heard people call it "alarmist" propaganda, which is kind of laughable. Can't really be an alarmist when what you are saying is factual (climate change is not a matter of opinion) and backed by evidence.

Edited by Dusknoir

Since a cold struck me deaf in one ear, I finally decided to watch The Tribe (2014), a movie entirely in sign language and intentionally without any voiceover, subtitles or soundtrack. It's brutal, but I can't say I disliked it. A very unique experience, but not for the faint of heart. 

• Brohoof 1

Child’s Play(1988): A classic, much like Anoes I’d only been exposed to video reviews and clips before actually watching it. A good choice if I might say so. I’ve always held some fondness towards Chucky and though he doesn’t get to be himself too much in this I still enjoyed it. Definitely going to find a way to continue watching this series somehow. 

• Brohoof 2

Child’s Play 2 & 3. Honestly. Not too bad. Don’t know if my opinion will change when I watch through the next two sequels but so far I’m rather enjoying the franchise. 

• Brohoof 3

Song of the South. A masterpiece in every sense of the word and one of the best Disney films ever.

Corvette Summer (1978). A fun movie that really packs a nice nostalgic look at the late ‘70s. And fun to see Mark Hamill in action right after Star Wars and before The Empire Strikes Back.

• Brohoof 2

Watched Part 4 of friday the 13th and enjoyed it.

However it didnt feel anything special, considering it was marketed as the final chapter.

You learn nothing new, the formula is still basically the same and this movie, unlike the third one, has a cliffhanger.

Really? :okiedokieloki:

And a pretty predictable one as well. Part 3 was a better closure to the franchise in my eyes, the cliffhanger in this was just stupid and unnecessary.

• Brohoof 1

Bride, Seed and Curse of Chucky. Pretty fun watches. Love how the last went back to darker routes. A good twist to the lore in the latter too. 

Spoiler

I watched dream master for its anniversary too but I’ve left my thoughts on that in a mega post already  

• Brohoof 2

54 minutes ago, Lex Destrosio said:

Watched Part 4 of friday the 13th and enjoyed it.

However it didnt feel anything special, considering it was marketed as the final chapter.

You learn nothing new, the formula is still basically the same and this movie, unlike the third one, has a cliffhanger.

Really? :okiedokieloki:

And a pretty predictable one as well. Part 3 was a better closure to the franchise in my eyes, the cliffhanger in this was just stupid and unnecessary.

Oh boy. You’re gonna have fun watching part 5. 4’s probably one of the ones I’m impartial to with the series. Tommy’s kind of annoying in it tbh. I do like how cool his masks are though. 

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Larksy 💤🤐🏒🎈 said:

Oh boy. You’re gonna have fun watching part 5. 4’s probably one of the ones I’m impartial to with the series. Tommy’s kind of annoying in it tbh. I do like how cool his masks are though. 

His masks are neat.

• Brohoof 1

1917. I liked it. It's a shame they don't make many good movies about WWI. This one kept me engaged all the time, and the visuals were great, maybe except for the night scenes that looked like a video game. I also liked that it's a rather simple story, without forced epicism.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Oleks said:

1917. I liked it. It's a shame they don't make many good movies about WWI. This one kept me engaged all the time, and the visuals were great, maybe except for the night scenes that looked like a video game. I also liked that it's a rather simple story, without forced epicism.

It's like Dunkirk on steroids.

• Brohoof 1

Cult of Chucky and Child’s Play(2019). Decent watches even if I’m on the fence with Cult. 2019 Child’s Play was a bit better. Mostly. Hamill did a good job as a replacement to Brad Douriff but Brad will still be Chucky in my eyes. He was far better at replacing a horror icon than Jackie Earle Haley as Freddy Krueger. Who tried his best but still failed.  All in all I’d probably recommend both. With 2019 a bit more than cult. Even if the Chucky clones in Cult were pretty fun to watch as short lived as they were. And even if 2019 had one moment I hated. 

Edited by Larksy 💤🤐🏒🎈
  • Brohoof 2