Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

2 minutes ago, TheRockARooster🐔 said:

I saw that at the movies, I loved it but it’s no Jaws.

True! It was sure trying to be. They 'borrowed' so many things from Jaws it could practically be called a remake (even the dog swimming in the water was called Pippin! But that was an homage). I don't mind though as long as it's fun. And it is. :P

1 minute ago, Dreambiscuit said:

True! It was sure trying to be. They 'borrowed' so many things from Jaws it could practically be called a remake (even the dog swimming in the water was called Pippin! But that was an homage). I don't mind though as long as it's fun. And it is. :P

I agree, it was fun.

The Great Escape (1963). Very well-made movie with a good cast. Based on a true story, which makes it hard to take because it’s a war movie, but it says a lot about some pretty impressive human ingenuity under adversity. And that’s what it’s really all about.

Back To The Future (1985). I love this trilogy of movies and it's good to catch up with them on a regular basis if possible. Watched the first one tonight and will hit the next two installments soon. 

• Brohoof 3

Spartacus (1960). Quite a nice looooong movie. Well made and worth revisiting from time to time when I have 3 hours and 16 minutes to kill. Impressive that they made a movie of such amazing scope back when they didn’t have CG. All those thousands of Roman soldiers in the battle scenes were real extras, and all coordinated to perfection.

Back To The Future Part 2. The best of the BTTF trilogy and absolutely perfect storytelling. It’s one of the very few movies that ever got time travel right, and articulately spells it out (literally on a chalkboard) for all to understand. Makes me wonder how so many people complained that it was ‘confusing.’

• Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, You said:

Oblivion (Around 2012?)

This caught my eye mostly because of Morgan Freeman in it.
In a post-apocalyptic world after a war with alien invaders, the Earth's moon has been destroyed in the process, and the Earth itself contaminated. Civiliation fled to Saturn's moon Titan, and resources are taken from Earth to uphold this last shelter of humanity.
Jack and his partner are placed on a mission on a tech-tower on Earth, having to constantly repair and protect super-armed drones which guards these resource sites while down there, the invaders named Scavengers (Scavs) are still around and pose a threat to humanity's last shelter.
They are not supposed to have memories prior to their mission, but Jack is haunted by dreams.

Both the initial situation of this as well as Morgan Freeman in this led me instantly believe there must be a major plot twist going on.

Rating: 9/10, watch this shit.

I rewatched it recently. Better than I remember it being.

5 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Back To The Future Part 3. Finished up the trilogy and loved every minute of it. These movies are classics in every aspect and they have a spot on my all-time favorites list.

So true. They were made at a perfect time as well.

I haven't watched any movies lately. I am spending more time watching Anime series rn

• Brohoof 1

On 8/24/2020 at 6:54 PM, You said:

The Crucible (1996)

Another movie which is more a movie adaption of history.
I don't feel you can say much more about this movie other than it is being about the Salem Witch Hunts, but that doesn't mean it is bad.

Rating: 7/10

I think I saw that movie when I was in High School, my English teacher put it on after we had finished reading the actual play
I don't remember a whole lot but I think it was alright, probably could have been better though :fluttershy: 

• Brohoof 2

Atlantis: The Lost Empire. Not quite what I expected, but it was OK. It felt like Disney's attempt to make a movie for a bit older audience. The early 2000s animation looks weird at times, but generally it's not bad.

• Brohoof 1

A Japanese movie called Kamikaze Girls. I bought the DVD at a convention over a year ago, along with some other Japanese movies, and then forgot all about it.

Glad I did eventually watch it because it was actually really good!

Candace Against the Universe

I legit got u p at 8 AM yesterday JUST TO WATCH THIS MOVIE! It was absolutely, positively, utterly AMAZING! It was everything you loved about the original Phineas and Ferb series and more. It exceeded my expectations, which were already extremely high. I also watched it later again that same night with my family and best friend via zoom. It was SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO AMAZING! 

Rating: infinity/10

Edited by Emerald Heart