Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

I watched Friday the 13th part 5 - A new beginning and it was actually pretty decent. I had no idea who the killer was so the actual reveal was pretty surprising. It had suspense and a good endfight as well, it had everything i expected out from a friday the 13th movie, also it was nice to see something different for once than just Camp Crystal Lake, which honestly gets a bit boring after a while.

I am a bit confused about some critics though, who said the movie was heavy on violence compared to previous films i guess even though i was under the impression that some Kills were kinda shown offscreen, like if someones throat gets slit, they cut away and just later show the wound. It had a few scenes like that, who i thought they censored themselves and actually did not show the harm done directly, yet the movie got critic for its on-screen violence? Okay...? :wacko:

Maybe i saw a censored Version? However the running time seemed correct and i didnt noticed any cuts. This 5th part did not seem any worse than its predecessors when it comes to the violence.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Lex Destrosio said:

I watched Friday the 13th part 5 - A new beginning and it was actually pretty decent. I had no idea who the killer was so the actual reveal was pretty surprising. It had suspense and a good endfight as well, it had everything i expected out from a friday the 13th movie, also it was nice to see something different for once than just Camp Crystal Lake, which honestly gets a bit boring after a while.

I am a bit confused about some critics though, who said the movie was heavy on violence compared to previous films i guess even though i was under the impression that some Kills were kinda shown offscreen, like if someones throat gets slit, they cut away and just later show the wound. It had a few scenes like that, who i thought they censored themselves and actually did not show the harm done directly, yet the movie got critic for its on-screen violence? Okay...? :wacko:

Maybe i saw a censored Version? However the running time seemed correct and i didnt noticed any cuts. This 5th part did not seem any worse than its predecessors when it comes to the violence.

Part 6 is my personal favorite.

I watched " Friday the 13 th Part 6 - Jason Lives " and even though i enjoyed this movie, it is not my favorite. After i heard it was the fan favorite, because of the humor, i felt it took me out of the entire franchise. The James Bond parody at the beginning is just stupid and that one time the fourth wall was broken,although it was kinda funny, was the only instance that ever happened as far as i can tell, i actually thought the fourth wall breaking would happen more often, but nope...just once and it wasnt even spectacular, the character might as well just talked to himself, making it not even a fourth wall break.

All in all, still a good sequel but the humor was not good enough to justify taking me out of a horror movie franchise that often, i just couldnt take it that seriously. Some jokes were funny, some werent but it definitely destroyed the atmosphere. It wasnt bad, but not that good either. Jason just wasnt all that menecing with the humor.

But i also watched " Friday the 13th Part 7 - The new blood " aka " Carrie vs Jason " and it was bloody awesome! :pinkie: The premise was interesting, Jason has never looked any better and once the 2 titular characters finally face off, not only was i almost getting goosebumps once they finally looked at each other but the so far longest and most exciting final fight followed. It delivered everything i could have hoped for and i loved it.

I actually read a critic who said the finale was weak...just a reminder to myself that i just should ignore people around me because they always manage to pull me back into depression.How was the finale weak? Compared to what? The previous films? The final fight between Carrie and Jason has definitely the most carnage compared to all previous films, what else are movie makers supposed to do? I dont get people. :glimmer:

Whatever, not the first time i have a different opinion than most people, but as it stands right now, Carrie vs Jason is my favorite movie of the Friday the 13th series so far.

• Brohoof 1

Darling Lili (1970). I try to watch this at least once a year. It’s a massively unsung classic from Blake Edwards, starring Julie Andrews and Rock Hudson and taking place during WW1. The aerial dogfights with biplanes are very impressive, the music is gorgeous and the story is funny and romantic. It was a major flop at the box office for reasons unfathomable (I guess audiences wanted Julie Andrews in a certain kind of role) and it was re-cut several times. The original long version is best but is very hard to come by unless you get a foreign dvd (which happily I have). 

• Brohoof 1

Tenet - First time venturing to the theater in months (with the proper precautions, of course) and man was it worth it. Thrilling and thought provoking time bender from Christopher Nolan, full of amazing action scenes and the most unique take on time travel I've seen in a while. Though I did find it to be confusing at times. Still, highly recommend watching when and if you can. 8.5 out of 10.

I watched " Friday the 13th part 8 - Jason takes Manhatten " and this time i kinda agree with the critics.

Spoiler

For the premise of Jason actually being in a gigantic city, which sounds like an awesome idea, they barely did anything with it. The first half plays on a cruise ship and the second plays in Manhatten, however most of the scenes there just take place in dark alleyways or the sewer.And once Jason actually goes to the main streets, shortly before the movies runtime is over i might at, he doesnt actually do that much since he is basically just ignoring anyone and only going after people that stop him from killing the people who where at the crystal lake at the beginning of the film. People barely notice him, because he just isnt there long enough to leave a real impact.

All in all i was sad...i feel like the concept was wasted. It is stated that the movie had budget constraints and scheduling problems, so...guess they just had bad luck while making this film. However, i still enjoyed parts of this film and i dont think its the worst of the series, although it cant keep up with the previous one, it still manages to jump over a few of the other films with the change in scenery. Its just a shame it leaves you with a bad taste with the wasted concept. I really hope they would remake this film, because i feel they could make an interesting movie out of this idea, if the right budget is met. Would be a great Idea for a sequel to the current reboot in my eyes.

THE GALLOWS ACT II , 30 MILES TO NOWHERE !  So the sequel was as creepy as the first one as a college girl named Ana Rue decided to play the Charlie Challenge you play the game and you get hung !  Now the last movie is about college students find out that Lydia the strange psycho Bitch Therapist that tells her closes friends that Brother Max committed suicide shot himself in the head. The movie doesn't  let on until later but earlier you find out who's killing who in this movie it was worth the suspense !

The last movie I watched was "But I'm a Cheerleader." I thought it was a pretty cute movie. It's about a girl who is a cheerleader who gets sent to a rehab center for gays/lesbians and she ends up falling for this other girl while she is there.

Barbie Princess Adventure (2020). The latest Barbie movie and another great addition to the collection.

I also watched The Brady Bunch Movie (1995) and A Very Brady Sequel (1996). Well, what can I say? They’re awful, hard to look at and a bottomless pit of cringe so...I really like ‘em! :yay:

• Brohoof 2

Some night I watched a movie scary movie think Halloween meets Hansel and Gretel ?  HALLOWEEN AT AUNT ETHEL'S  never go to a house where you'll never see your remains after you are turned into Chocolate !!!  I enjoyed the movie yeah it shows lots of tits yeah so did a lot of Friday the i3 movies too !

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 11:35 AM, Lex Destrosio said:

I watched " Friday the 13th part 8 - Jason takes Manhatten " and this time i kinda agree with the critics.

Reveal hidden contents

For the premise of Jason actually being in a gigantic city, which sounds like an awesome idea, they barely did anything with it. The first half plays on a cruise ship and the second plays in Manhatten, however most of the scenes there just take place in dark alleyways or the sewer.And once Jason actually goes to the main streets, shortly before the movies runtime is over i might at, he doesnt actually do that much since he is basically just ignoring anyone and only going after people that stop him from killing the people who where at the crystal lake at the beginning of the film. People barely notice him, because he just isnt there long enough to leave a real impact.

All in all i was sad...i feel like the concept was wasted. It is stated that the movie had budget constraints and scheduling problems, so...guess they just had bad luck while making this film. However, i still enjoyed parts of this film and i dont think its the worst of the series, although it cant keep up with the previous one, it still manages to jump over a few of the other films with the change in scenery. Its just a shame it leaves you with a bad taste with the wasted concept. I really hope they would remake this film, because i feel they could make an interesting movie out of this idea, if the right budget is met. Would be a great Idea for a sequel to the current reboot in my eyes.

There was a reboot of Friday the 13th movie by Micheal Bay