Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Who has time for movies? I don't. I could basically choose to watch Guardians of the Galaxy for the first time, whenever I want, but I just don't have the power to do so.

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) - In my personal opinion, the best adaptation of the novel. Strong performances (Keanu Reeves' accent notwithstanding), gorgeous cinematography, strong direction from Francis Ford Coppola, powerful music, and it has an overblown theatricality that makes it very fun to watch. 8.5 out of 10.

Darkslide a movie about these surfer and skate boarding college kids talking about their lives then later they meet their horror creature rapist caveman like monster !

The movie on Tubi was fantastic this time nopony bad actors awesome story even the end was brutal enjoy!

Django Unchained: Movie about a black man in slave era U.S. He gets his freedom, and becomes the quickest shot in the South. It's also an N-word simulator and has lots of violence, so not family friendly at all.

Really good movie, but as a fan of Tarantino, I was expecting to enjoy it, so it's for sure above average.

• Brohoof 1

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Great movie! I really liked the idea of several storylines progress at the same time and cross in the end

Edited by Vefka

The Darkest Hour. Gary Oldman did a great job playing Winston Churchill and for the most parts movie managed to capture his many-sided character. Entertaining historical drama, thought one cheesy, false and downright populist scene in the end nearly ruined the whole film. Prime minister travels in London underground alongside with commoners, small twinkle eyed girl encourages doubtful aristocrat not to negotiate with Hitler but kick some nazi-ass instead *keep calm and carry on intensifies* :scoots: Historical dramas don't have to be 100% accurate and can embellish things here and there, but c'mon... :P

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Divine plywood said:

The Darkest Hour. Gary Oldman did a great job playing Winston Churchill and for the most parts movie managed to capture his many-sided character. Entertaining historical drama, thought one cheesy, false and downright populist scene in the end nearly ruined the whole film. Prime minister travels in London underground alongside with commoners, small twinkle eyed girl encourages doubtful aristocrat not to negotiate with Hitler but kick some nazi-ass instead *keep calm and carry on intensifies* :scoots: Historical dramas don't have to be 100% accurate and can embellish things here and there, but c'mon... :P

About time he got his Oscar for this role.

After The Darkest Hour, only logical choice as the follow-up movie was Dunkirk from Christopher Nolan ^_^ Despite film's proportion -majority of it taking place either on the vast open sea or nearly empty shoreline- at times atmosphere is almost claustrophobic, in the best sense of the term. Nothing too much, nothing too little. Aviation scenes especially were surprisingly ascetic, an welcome exception to other war films (and some of the director's other works...) 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, You said:

how did you like the Darkest Hour? Has been some years for me, I mean it was the one with electrical superbeings, right?

:D I think we're talking about two different movies that just happen to have same name