Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Finishing up Dunkerque-themed film marathon: Their Finest. During Battle of Britain and London bombings, Ministry of Information's film team starts to make morale-boosting movie about Dunkirk evacuation. Absolutely delightful comedy-drama, proper BBC quality! Though after this I may need long break from this topic :muffins: 

3 hours ago, You said:

isn't it then about something something war or WW II?

Yup, WWII

North  By Northwest (1959). Alfred Hitchcock's all-time greatest movie.

Beauty and the Beast (animated). It's Halloween time so I always bring this one out for a special viewing. It's a tradition, besides being one of my favorite movies ever.

WEREWOLF ISLAND- wasn't about the title at all it's by a movie company called redeye this movie sucked! THE FARM was better why let's see better story set up like a ghost town as boyfriend and girlfriend get tired and try to sleep at cabin. Next morning they are kidnapped from crazy Farmers women and men in animal masked costumes try to kill them as they are locked in animal cages!  Great movie cliffhangers like shockers old lady farmer broke down , shop keeper looking strange, cabin owner sounds insane, check it out your in for a treat !

The Karate Kid (1984). The first half was so 80s, it was just unbearably cute. And the rest was just great, even though I knew what was gonna happen thanks to the movie being referenced everywhere. Corny, cheesy, cliched and brilliant. Back when you could play "You're The Best" in your movie unironically - great times! I guess I'm prepared to watch Cobra Kai now.

4 hours ago, Oleks said:

The Karate Kid (1984). The first half was so 80s, it was just unbearably cute. And the rest was just great, even though I knew what was gonna happen thanks to the movie being referenced everywhere. Corny, cheesy, cliched and brilliant. Back when you could play "You're The Best" in your movie unironically - great times! I guess I'm prepared to watch Cobra Kai now.

I’m actually watching The Karate Kid Part II and I just finished the original movie. The first movie was pretty good and I lot of things Mr. Miyagi said and did were really funny. My only issue was with Audrey(?) (I forgot if that was her name) because she just felt like every other “girlfriend character”. It was weird how she was there to support Daniel and when he no longer needed support, she didn’t do too much in the movie afterwards.

• Brohoof 1

"One Night in the Tropics" (1940) Abbott and Costello's very first movie appearance! The boys were kind of shoehorned into the movie and didn't really have much to do with the plot. Critics of the time said they were the best part of the movie, so Universal let them star in their own film. The rest is history!

(I just found the first three volumes of Abbott and Costello films at Goodwill. 24 movies on 6 DVDs, for $11 bucks!)

Karate Kid III. Definitely less annoying than part 2, but not by much. The villain did nothing but laugh like a psychopath the entire time and the punches looked awful soft despite how much damage they actually inflicted. It wasn’t a horrible movie, but it really could’ve been better.

6/10

The Truman Show :eager:

It have been years since I last saw this absolute gem of a movie. Had almost completely forgotten how enjoyably camerawork teases the big reveal in the beginning. All those bizarre angles and carefully thought positions. Sadly, this is one of those films you can't experience fully again after seeing it once and learning the plot twist. Still, Jim Carrey is flamboyant as ever, one of his best movies. Ultimate nostalgia trip and, dare I say, feelgood movie. 90's man, that decade seems so comfortable novadays

I wonder how modern youth feels about this film, them being grown custom to 24/7 entertainment/surveillance, spy cameras, youtube, Big brother etc... :huh: