Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Well the last movie I watched was Citizen Kane (1941) because I've always been told by others how great of a movie it is. I thought it was pretty solid, it wasn't the greatest movie I've ever seen but I picked up on a lot of the morals and perspectives that the movie brought up- pretty much Kane was a man who had everything and yet nothing at the same time. Of course that's just what I thought, I recommend others watch the movie too and decide for yourself what ideas and morals the movie is trying to get across and whether Kane was a good or a bad man, it really does depend on the perspective of the viewer. And of course the cinematography and the different shots they used to convey the moods of characters and scenes was groundbreaking at the time, and it still holds up today for sure. :dash:   

On 12/26/2020 at 12:01 PM, Oleks said:

Klaus (2019). It's a very good movie, even though you know what's going to happen 90% of the time. Gives you a new perspective on familiar things.

I've been meaning to get around to watching this one but I haven't yet. I've heard that visually with the animation and all it's a great movie, maybe sometime later this week I'll watch it :yay:

• Brohoof 1

Weathering With You. Makoto Shinkai’s next movie after the immortal ‘Your Name.’ It’s often compared directly to Your Name and thus pales by comparison, but taken on its own terms it’s a really nice movie, beautifully animated and one shouldn’t waste time comparing it with something that probably can never be topped. I liked it a lot.

• Brohoof 2

Unknown (2011). A pretty solid Liam Neeson actioner. I like the cold setting of Berlin on Thanksgiving, and the plot is compelling, with some nice supporting cast.

Alpha (2018). Beautiful scenery and an original movie that pulls a lot of character out of a few cavemen and a wolf.