Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Saw a movie called Finding Bobby Fischer which - in case you couldn't guess - is about chess. It was actually pretty good, was inspired to watch it after finishing Netflix great show called the queen's gambit.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched Blair Witch Project again. It is a film I have seen many times, but I had not watched it in a long time and this is the first time I've seen it while wearing headphones. The movie, to me, is still terrifying. Living in a town that is surrounded by wooded areas adds even more to the effect. While it is a very divisive movie to horror fans, I love it. The setup is quick and gets to the point, the conflict works well for the most part and the audio/visuals in regards to what the characters experience is perfect. That is the best aspect of the film. The sounds at night in the darkness are horrific to me, headphones made them doubly so. The scene where they find the figures hanging in the trees is still one of the most unsettling visuals in a horror film. BWP is a prime example of what we do not see is the scariest thing. 

Anyone seen I Lost My Body? I chucked it a rewatch again recently after watching it initially when it was Oscar nominated. Absolutely lived up to the original love I had for it. Very inventive and original in how it displays the beauty and ugliness of uncertainty in life. Very poignant. The presentation is spectacular too, visually striking animation throughout. Definite recommendation. 

• Brohoof 1

Soul from Pixar. 10/10

My god..I cried inside and out. Why is every pixar these days made me cry now?! It's definitely my favorite next to Onward and Coco. I have an existential crisis while watching this, but at the end when they reminded you how you shouldn't worry about the future or what can you do as individual, just stop and look what life has  already given you. I cried so hard.

(edited)
22 hours ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Only 5? I'd give it a 9 myself.

I didn't like the dragon or the supporting characters so I gave it five for Raya and the villain.

Flora & Ulysses (2021) 10/10

flora-ulysses-movie-poster-md.jpg?v=1608

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Last Action Hero (1993). I've seen it when I was a kid and randomly decided to give it a rewatch. It was cute and very meta. Whiskers was great!

• Brohoof 1

The 400 Blows thanks to a French New Wave class. It's probably the best film we've watched so far. Very well shot and emotional.

Outside of French New Wave, I rewatched Avengers: Infinity War for the first time since I saw it in theaters. At the time, I thought it was just okay. I have no idea how I thought that since this film is fantastic.

Aliens (1986). I planned to watch it in chunks over a few days, but ened up watching the whole thing in one go. I enjoyed it very much.

Spoiler

The ending was a bit cheesy though, but neat from the setup/payoff point of view.

250923.png

• Brohoof 1