Register now to remove this ad.
  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Howl's moving castle ;D ~

*Searched and didn't see another thread like this*I saw The Grey today.I really liked it since it didn't follow hollywood conventions.  

Does a My little Pony mare-a-thon count?

Posted Images

Weathering With You. Makoto Shinkai’s next movie after the immortal ‘Your Name.’ It’s often compared directly to Your Name and thus pales by comparison, but taken on its own terms it’s a really nice movie, beautifully animated and one shouldn’t waste time comparing it with something that probably can never be topped. I liked it a lot.

• Brohoof 2
  • Hug 1

"The Interpreter / Tlmočník", 2018 Slovak drama about son of a war criminal getting to know man who's family his father killed. Surprisingly upbeat roadmovie given it's gloomy topic. Not sure what to make of it...

Tinkerbell: Secret of the Wings. I wanted a movie with a wintery vibe and this did the trick nicely. Nice scenery, a decent story, and I liked hearing Timothy Dalton doing a voiceover.  

• Brohoof 3
  • Hug 1

Unknown (2011). A pretty solid Liam Neeson actioner. I like the cold setting of Berlin on Thanksgiving, and the plot is compelling, with some nice supporting cast.

Alpha (2018). Beautiful scenery and an original movie that pulls a lot of character out of a few cavemen and a wolf. 

• Hug 1

A part of the Maze Runner because it was on tv, I love that movie a lot.. there's just something intriguing in it to me.

As of recently, the last film I watched was Joker via HBO Max, which I wanted to see for quite some time and for what it set out to do, it succeeded.

Badges

Last week, I watched Occupation: Rainfall in cinemas. I'll probably watch another movie this week, but I haven't decided what at this point.

• Brohoof 2

Saw a movie called Finding Bobby Fischer which - in case you couldn't guess - is about chess. It was actually pretty good, was inspired to watch it after finishing Netflix great show called the queen's gambit.

• Brohoof 1
Badges

• 3 weeks later...

A Whisker Away. I thought this was going to be a rom/com sort of thing. The feels. I cried. It was very good. I liked it.

• Brohoof 1

Just watched Blair Witch Project again. It is a film I have seen many times, but I had not watched it in a long time and this is the first time I've seen it while wearing headphones. The movie, to me, is still terrifying. Living in a town that is surrounded by wooded areas adds even more to the effect. While it is a very divisive movie to horror fans, I love it. The setup is quick and gets to the point, the conflict works well for the most part and the audio/visuals in regards to what the characters experience is perfect. That is the best aspect of the film. The sounds at night in the darkness are horrific to me, headphones made them doubly so. The scene where they find the figures hanging in the trees is still one of the most unsettling visuals in a horror film. BWP is a prime example of what we do not see is the scariest thing. 

Anyone seen I Lost My Body? I chucked it a rewatch again recently after watching it initially when it was Oscar nominated. Absolutely lived up to the original love I had for it. Very inventive and original in how it displays the beauty and ugliness of uncertainty in life. Very poignant. The presentation is spectacular too, visually striking animation throughout. Definite recommendation. 

• Brohoof 1

Soul from Pixar. 10/10

My god..I cried inside and out. Why is every pixar these days made me cry now?! It's definitely my favorite next to Onward and Coco. I have an existential crisis while watching this, but at the end when they reminded you how you shouldn't worry about the future or what can you do as individual, just stop and look what life has  already given you. I cried so hard.