Register now to remove this ad.
  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Howl's moving castle ;D ~

*Searched and didn't see another thread like this*I saw The Grey today.I really liked it since it didn't follow hollywood conventions.  

Does a My little Pony mare-a-thon count?

Posted Images

Watched Ninja Scroll recently, finally got it on Blu Ray. No matter how many times I see it, it always pulls me in. It is one of my top films.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
22 hours ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Only 5? I'd give it a 9 myself.

I didn't like the dragon or the supporting characters so I gave it five for Raya and the villain.

Flora & Ulysses (2021) 10/10

flora-ulysses-movie-poster-md.jpg?v=1608

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Last Action Hero (1993). I've seen it when I was a kid and randomly decided to give it a rewatch. It was cute and very meta. Whiskers was great!

• Brohoof 1
  • teacup 1

The Fugitive.

Still as good as I recall. One quite nice thing was that despite seeing it a number of times in the past, I had forgotten several chunks of it, so it was a plus not knowing what was about to happen.

Great performances by Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones.

• Brohoof 1

The 400 Blows thanks to a French New Wave class. It's probably the best film we've watched so far. Very well shot and emotional.

Outside of French New Wave, I rewatched Avengers: Infinity War for the first time since I saw it in theaters. At the time, I thought it was just okay. I have no idea how I thought that since this film is fantastic.

Badges

Aliens (1986). I planned to watch it in chunks over a few days, but ened up watching the whole thing in one go. I enjoyed it very much.

Spoiler

The ending was a bit cheesy though, but neat from the setup/payoff point of view.

250923.png

• Brohoof 1
  • Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Croods: A New Age. It was fun. Great visuals, nice story. I liked how creative they were with their animals, and some jokes made me chuckle.

Turbo Kid (2015). It was gory and charming. I liked the simplicity of the story, and the little bikes were just adorable. 

The Cooler (2003)

I have always liked William H. Macy, he has this 'everyman' charisma to him, a lovable scamp charm. Enjoyed the film too, though the shady Vegas atmosphere and old school jazz-soundtrack were perhaps bit over the top at times. Still, snazzy and pleasant movie

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-04-02 at 4:28 AM, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Godzilla vs Kong (2021)

Simple plot, but very satisfying kaiju action. I hope we see more of this universe. 

8/10.

Agreed I just watched it a few days ago!