Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

We’re No Angels (1955). This is a great Christmas movie that doesn’t often make the rounds like many other classics. It is nonetheless a great movie and very sharply written, with great performances by Humphrey Bogart, Peter Ustinov and Aldo Ray. I always watch this in the early part of the Christmas season.

Donovan’s Reef (1963). This is part 2 of my tropical Christmas kick-off, usually following the aforementioned classic. This one stars John Wayne and Lee Marvin and it never fails to deliver.  

Watched the cinematic masterpiece that is The Room. My friend had never seen it before, so we watched it together. Went about as well as you'd think. :p

Shang-Chi 10/10 This is actually my new favorite marvel movie, since the very first avenger and captain America. I really love how this movie is not an white-washed Asian movie, and it really hits all the notes of bringing out the Asian cultures and their POV on family correctly without serotyping Asians. Not surprise, since the director is part Asian. Way to go to represent us Asian! And hell..I was not expecting a Kaiju fight at the end, that was pretty epic.  I love this movie so much!

• Brohoof 3

Spider-Man: No Way Home - It's very rare when a movie this hotly anticipated lives up to the hype, but this is one of those instances. Great action, fanservice is used in a way that serves the story, lots of BIG surprises that I won't give away, and it's surprisingly emotional (Tom Holland gives his best performance yet as Peter Parker). No Way Home is easily the best MCU Spider-Man movie, one that has me very excited for what Marvel and Sony have in store for the character in the future. 9.5 out of 10.

• Brohoof 1

Spiderman: no way home. 10/10

Spoiler

This is absolutely (aside from Shang chi) goes to my utmost favorite marvel movie that deserves a special place. I cried in almost every scene because how nostalgic it was from the very first spiderman movie to ending it all like a huge wrap up of all live action spiderman movies. I literally felt like a kid again when I first watched spiderman with Tobey’s! (Although I have to admit I was still bit traumatized still, in a good way by the green goblin as he was very scary when I first saw him as a kid lol but that’s what makes William such a great actor for this character!) I really really hope Andrew will have another shot of a 3rd movie as well.

I love it how all the old villains got another chance to reform without making like it’s forced- it was definitely we don’t often see in marvel movies!!!

Overall, the spiderman-verse animated movie  got nothing against this movie here. It was truly the best and the most spectacular spiderman movie ever. Now I just wish Miles will have a live action instead of an animated movie. It was sad to know this is going to be Tom’s last spiderman movie as he always improve his performances. But I’m know Sony/Disney will have plans for us to keep us hype for the future Spider-Man’s! I will definitely gonna buy a copy when it comes out!

On 2021-12-24 at 12:14 PM, TheAnimationFanatic said:

The Matrix Resurrections - It won't be for everyone, but I enjoyed how meta and self-aware the tone was. Definitely better than Revolutions. 7 out of 10.

So, it makes up for the :eww:stuff we didn't like:huh: in the 2nd and 3rd movies?