Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

A.D.A.M. (1973)
Made for TV SF drama. Roger Empson builds a house for his disabled wife Jean that is completely automated and monitored by a computer called A.D.A.M. However events take a nasty turn when Jean starts imagining that A.D.A.M. is falling in love with her...

'A' is for Acid (2002)
Made for TV biopic about serial killer John Haigh, who disposed of his victims by dissolving them in sulphuric acid, in the mistaken belief that if caught, he couldn't be convicted if no bodies could be found. He was hanged in 1949.

The Banshees of Inisherin, saw it today at the cinema. The cinematography was excellent and the acting was good - I particularly liked the film because it has a lot of sweeping shots of rural Ireland which reminds me greatly of some of the small villages on the northwestern coast that most of my family originally hail from. Was a little disappointed by the ending though, felt it could've been stronger.

On 2022-10-22 at 5:04 AM, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Black Adam - Not a great movie (sloppy writing, some unnecessary characters, a basic plot, and a very lame villain), but I had fun watching it. The whole thing is carried by Dwayne Johnson's chatisma and the fun action sequences. out of 10.

Just watched this movie earlier today:fiery:  

8 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

What are:squee: the good parts?  

Have you never seen it?! :sunbutt:

I really think you should try to find a way to watch it, it's a timeless masterpiece, and I'd be spoiling the best Scooby Doo movie... But you did say you didn't have Amazon Prime, it's such a good movie lol, u sure u want it spoiled?

3 minutes ago, Spook Conundrum said:

Have you never seen it?! :sunbutt:

I really think you should try to find a way to watch it, it's a timeless masterpiece, and I'd be spoiling the best Scooby Doo movie... But you did say you didn't have Amazon Prime, it's such a good movie lol, u sure u want it spoiled?

That won't be necessary.  A legendary movie trailer guy narrated all commercials for this movie.  It just so happened to arrive to us the same NFL season the Atlanta Falcons:Daydreaming: made their unbelievable run to the :kirin:Super Bowl, where it came to a sad end:( against Jon Elway and Denver:sunny:  Vikings fans:lostit: had to have been spooked:sealed: by this movie:ithastolookpretty:  

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Spook Conundrum said:

Just finished Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, AGAIN... Never fails to disappoint, idgaf what you say I ship Velma and Beau

What do you think of Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost ? That's my favorite animated movie to watch in October. Infinity/10 for yearly tradition!

That is also the last movie I watched to keep things on-topic. :twismile:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

I'm in the middle of They Shall Not Grow Old, the World War I documentary by Peter Jackson. He colorized the real footage, added sound effects, and had lip readers add diog. It is narrated by WWI veterans, with interviews done in the 1960s-1970s.

7 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

What do you think of Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost ? That's my favorite animated movie to watch in October. Infinity/10 for yearly tradition!

That is also the last movie I watched to keep things on-topic. :twismile:

Watched it last night to! My second favorite Scooby Doo movie, they got all the Scooby Doo movies on Amazon Prime lol yeah I love that movie to lol especially Thorn :mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 1

Cyborg 2087 (1966)
Daft pop corn SF B-movie but spookily similar to The Terminator, and even Terminator 2 – a cyborg from 2087 goes back in time to 1966 to prevent a scientist publicising his invention for radio telepathy – in the future, evil tyrants use it to control populations ...

Memphis Belle (1990)
You know how it goes!

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-11-01 at 6:41 AM, Tropical Melody said:

Schindler's List (1993). 3 hours!

The best movie I never want to see again. 

As for me:

I Kill Giants (2018). I absolutely love this movie! It was such a sleeper that it went under the radar and not many people got to see it, and even fewer appreciated its subtle brilliance. It involves a young girl who (you guessed it) kills giants. Yes, real giants. Some may watch this movie and come away with the impression the giants are a mere figment of her imagination, but some very cleverly presented clues suggest otherwise. Each possibility gives a convincing case, and both sides are compelling. The writing is strong, the direction solid, and the acting, especially by the lead actress Madison Wolfe, is stunning. This movie doesn’t rely on splashy visual effects to tell its story (even though the effects are excellent); it simply relies on quality filmmaking, a nearly unheard-of art in recent years. 

Hot Water (1924) and Haunted Spooks (1920): Technically these aren’t movies but theatrical short subjects (being 53 minutes and 25 minutes respectively). But they’re better than most feature length movies because, let’s face it, Harold Lloyd is a genius. Like all Harold Lloyd movies and shorts, these are packed end-to-end with brilliant writing, acting and direction. It’s hard to rank these in comparison with his other works because ALL of them are perfect.

Bullet Train (2022). (Spoilers) While watching this I had the distinct feeling Hollywood was just beaming with what they thought was a brilliant piece of moviemaking, but unfortunately it isn’t. The characters all felt like they were on set to party among their in-crowd friends and prop each other up. But in truth, the movie was desperately in need of a script doctor to reduce the rambling dialog, and a decent editor to cut about 30 minutes of running time. The plot points weren’t as cleverly interwoven as they could have been, and some parts (the snake) had no purpose at all. I forgot to count how many times certain characters were killed and magically came back to life in the next scene, and I couldn’t decide who I wanted to see wiped out, the good guys or the bad guys. Not a great movie.

• Brohoof 1

Kyurem vs The Swords of Justice, again.... Keldeo is so lucky that he gets that direction with him as he grows, a lot of people don't live up to their potential bc they aren't pushed and they have to have dedicated inspiration to do so...

Topkapi (1964)

Jewel thieves steal a dagger from a Turkish museum which hilt is decorated with the richest emeralds in the world. They nearly make it except a bird gets into the museum and trips the alarm. I may be wrong but memory tells me this was Peter Ustinov's film debut.

Topkapi-2.thumb.jpg.0b10a83cad71e196d1228f8c6765cf14.jpg