Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Father Goose (1964). Now we’re talkin’. This is a good movie with a good cast. Simple, fun and doesn’t try to be anything more than an enjoyable romantic comedy.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021). (Spoilers) Could have been great, but was merely okay. McKenna Grace, the nerdy granddaughter of Dr. Spengler, stole the show. The story really needed to go in a new direction rather than try to rehash the same plotlines from the original Ghostbusters. Much of it felt like a nod to the old fans rather than breaking new ground. I can live with some familiar material, but the Stay Puft marshmallow men had absolutely no reason to be there, and bogged down the movie with cutesy gag scenes that didn’t work. Overall, it had enough going for it to get a passing grade, but not a slam-dunk.

Labyrinth (1986). I liked it. Maybe not the very best of Jim Henson and George Lucas, but definitely a nice movie set in a visually beautiful fantasy setting with a good cast. I was never a fan of David Bowie, but he makes a great Goblin King!

Last 2 movies I watched were Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Flower Drum Song.

Sonic 2 was great…always love Jim Carrey. Look forward to seeing Shadow and maybe some other characters like Amy and Rouge.

Flower Drum Song was fun too. Cute musical and an early example of Asian representation in Western cinema ^_^

On 2022-11-12 at 7:21 AM, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - You can feel the absence of Chadwick Boseman and it's a little too long, but this is still a damn good followup to the first film. Powerhouse performances, thrilling action scenes, and a great tribute to T'Challa. 8.5 out of 10.

Fitting justice and a powerful tribute:D  

Golly it's been a while since the last movie I watched I can't even remember. I think the last movie I watched was 1917 (WW1 movie)?

I still have not seen a movie in theaters since the 2020 lockdown :P

Orphan (2009). Like the vast majority of horror films this was junk. But I kinda liked it anyway. It had the twist of making a 9 year old girl the chief antagonist, and that’s something at least. She played it pretty dang well too. (Spoiler>>>) It would have been more effective though if the writers hadn’t qualified her as an adult with a rare form of dwarfism. An evil child is funnier.

Orphan: First Kill (2022). A long overdue prequel in that the ‘9 year old’ baddie of the first movie is now juuuuuust a tad too old to be playing an even younger version of herself 12 years later. I still liked it though and there was some clever editing to maintain the illusion of her youthful appearance. This one also had an interesting twist which gave it some added punch.

Willow (1988). One of my favorites. I like to watch this one when the weather gets colder because the movie has a sort of overcast feel to it. And now, with a streaming series of Willow about to air, it’s good to get caught up again.

Black Panther Wakanda Forever. Even better than the first imo and one of the the best Phase 4 movies, beaten only by Spiderman NWH.

8 hours ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Glass Onion - A worthy sequel to "Knives Out". 

Lucky duck, I want to see that, but I have to wait for the Netflix release!

As for me it was Disenchanted, which I thought was kind of cute, but not as good as the original. Also, I was somewhat miffed because the orchestra drowned out the singing on our TV for some reason. We had to turn on subtitles to even understand them. >.<

• Brohoof 1

Barbie in A Christmas Carol (2008) This is one of my holiday season Barbies, along with Magic of Pegasus, Perfect Christmas and Nutcracker. All the Barbie movies are great, but these are reserved for holiday viewing only, so they're extra special.

Better Watch Out (2017). A fun pitch black comedy thriller, if you want to call it comedy at all. It's dark, entertaining and pretty fun. And it has an interesting bad guy that I'd never suspect. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-12-08 at 7:32 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas (1997) 10/10

p_beautyandthe_beasttheenchantedchristma

Yay! One of my all-time favorites! I'll be watching this next week and I can't wait. :fabulous:

As for me, here's the latest:

Klaus (2019). A really fun (and funny) animated Christmas movie with its own take on the origins of Santa and some of the traditions associated with the big guy.

Unaccompanied Minors (2006). Great kids adventure movie about a group of unaccompanied minors on the loose in a snowed-in airport at Christmas. Fun from end to end.

• Brohoof 1