Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Lovewrecked (2005) A fun, lighthearted romantic comedy about a star-struck girl (Amanda Bynes) who ends up ‘stranded’ in the tropics with the rock star of her dreams. Things aren’t exactly as they seem and there’s some funny material about how she tries to perpetuate her situation. The rock star is an absolute idiot and there’s some good humor in that too.  

Big Fat Liar (2002) Like the aforementioned movie, this one also features Amanda Bynes, this time helping out a friend who had his story stolen by a Hollywood producer. The lengths she and her friend (Frankie Muniz) go through to retrieve the stolen story and stop the unscrupulous producer are fun and entertaining.

• Brohoof 1

Indiana Jones Dial of Destiny, while not as good as Last Crusade or Raiders, it feels closer to those movies than Crystal Skull and Temple of Doom did. a nice comfortable 8/10 and right in the middle of my Indiana Jones rankings

Last Crusade
Raiders
Dial of Destiny
Crystal Skull
Temple of Doom

On 2023-07-04 at 11:01 PM, Megas said:

Indiana Jones Dial of Destiny, while not as good as Last Crusade or Raiders, it feels closer to those movies than Crystal Skull and Temple of Doom did. a nice comfortable 8/10 and right in the middle of my Indiana Jones rankings

Last Crusade
Raiders
Dial of Destiny
Crystal Skull
Temple of Doom

Saw Dial of Destiny myself earlier today;)  And I agree with those rankings:kirin:  

• Brohoof 1

The last movie I watched was Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. Just got back from the theaters and I really loved the movie. Some cool moments, good comedy, nice references and overall a pretty awesome film, in my opinion. :) 

Not so long ago, I did an oral presentation on my favorite childhood movie : War of the Worlds (2005). I was watching this movie when I was about 6 years old. I got so much into it during my presentation that it gave me the urge to watch it. So it's what I did a few days ago. :)

This movie is just INCREDIBLE!!! It's a masterpiece! One of the best science fiction movie I ever saw! Plus, it's based on a book written in 1898 which makes it the first one to touch the topic of alien invasions. The meaning of it is very deep as it was written to denounce the colonization of America and the eradication of the natives. Even somepony who doesn't like science fiction can enjoy the movie. This is why I highly recommand it. :squee:

Funnily enough, the last movie I saw was Rainbow Rocks for the first time since being a brony. Had that one waiting on me for a while

I was waiting at my local Toyota waiting as my new car was having some service done. I sat, and then the lounge hall was playing a movie. Heard the Universal music playing, and looked at it as I was curious what the movie was. As soon as I saw this

I wasted no time to take a seat and watch the evil Mario portrayal again :kirin:

Planned in watching it sooner but didn’t. Didn’t plan on watching it today, but ended up watching Sound of Freedom. Funny though, it was in my theater of choice which up until a few days ago, refused to show it

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. (Spoilers ahead) I went into this expecting the worst, but it wasn’t the worst; merely below standard. Granted the standard established for this series is high, but in all fairness I wasn’t looking for a masterpiece. Rather, I wanted a movie that was competent, and this was competent-ish. Seeing Harrison Ford back in the hat was sublime; that alone will get me into the theater no matter what, and the action was good; in some places very good. Overall I didn’t have any major problems with it except the one obvious drawback that the Disney boardroom couldn’t resist; an irritating female lead. No one like irritating characters, male or female, so why would they insist on such an over-acting, over-compensating waste of screen time like her when Spielberg’s original script called for Marion Ravenwood as the female lead? Fans of Indy don’t care if Marion is getting older; I mean, look at Indy. Age becomes them and fans want to see the characters they grew up with over the years. This is why, after a bad test screening (which James Mangold reportedly denies ever took place) the ending had to be scrapped and re-filmed (accounting for the exquisite, and only, glimpse we get of Marion in this movie) and the character of Helen Shaw cut down. There are some plot stretches here and there, especially in how the antagonists manage to keep up with Indy and Co while on the quest for the Antikythera mechanism, but I can overlook these details as easily as the writers did for the sake of enjoyment, because Disney is no raging flood of talent and I have to be realistic in my expectations. True fans of Indy will see plenty of obvious oversights but I won’t go over all that here. The bottom line is that I liked (not loved) the movie, which is far more than I expected.

Fall (2022) (Spoilers ahead) This movie seriously surprised me. It’s about a pair of thrill-seeker girls who climb the 2000 ft B67 TV tower…and get stuck up there. It seems pretty simple right? Wrong! There’s no way to anticipate the things these girls have to go through to survive and escape their situation, and it takes some clever thinking. Most survival movies that require wits and ingenuity from their characters are disappointing because the characters usually make inept decisions. These girls make pretty good decisions with the limited options available, and it’s very realistic. But be warned, the vertigo you’ll experience watching this movie is horrid! I literally got sick to my stomach watching it. The special (and practical) effects were so impressive that YOU WILL FEEL THE FEAR! Is it thrilling? Yes. Will it make you sick? Probably. Is it worth it? YES! I watched it twice in two days.

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts: Yeah…no. I hate to say it but if you’ve seen one Transformers movie you’ve seen them all. And I’ve seen every stinking one of them! Okay, so 12 year old boys are probably their target audience but I can’t imagine anyone really enjoying the same overload of CG effects with very little plot or gimmick. There’s nothing new, nothing innovative and nothing creative to justify another installment of the series (what is this, the seventh Transformers movie?) It was a thin idea to begin with but at least in the earlier movies they had a cast that held interest and provided the minimal amount of character to propel the movie forward. This latest cast is so boring, ordinary, unbelievable and uninspiring that it takes away what little the movie may have offered. The main actors and actresses are not attractive, intelligent or charismatic. This is showbiz, and audiences aren’t paying to see the same stuff they see every day. I want to see some star power! Unfortunately audiences DO see the same special effects everyday and it’s getting boring. Thank goodness for Advil.

The Flash: Totally chaotic disjointed shit. I don't even know where to start with this mess. So I'll simply put it thus; it makes Transformers look like a GREAT movie. 

I did the Barbenheimer double feature this weekend.

Barbie - Visually stunning, great meta humor, surprisingly deep, and full of brilliant social commentary. Greta Gerwig is a director to look out for in the future. out of 10.

Oppenheimer - As a huge fan of Christopher Nolan, I think this may be some of his best work. Gripping story and stellar performances from the stacked cast (too many to list). It moves pretty fast for a 3 hour movie, though it's a little slow at the beginning. A haunting look at history. 9.5 out of 10.

• Brohoof 2

Barbie:

• Humor was on point and just a banger!
  • Unfearful to point out how society sees women and what they deal with
  • Willing to call out the "dumbness" of our Western culture as it stands right now.
  • Ryan Gosling killed it as Ken! There was no one else they could have picked!
  • Margot Robbie played the "prefect" version of her own Barbie!  I loved her in this role!

As watching episodes of Family Ties and Spin City on Pluto TV put me into sort of a Back to the Future mood, the other day I watched:

- Doc Hollywood

- The Secret of My Success

- Well the Back to the Future Trilogy

Also I finally made an article for Family Ties on the BTTF wikia: https://backtothefuture.fandom.com/wiki/Family_Ties

Long story short, affected production of the first movie and appears in-universe in Part II.  Among a few minor bits of trivia.

The Little mermaid live action. I actually enjoyed it since TLM is my favorite princess and movie since childhood. Everything goes by how I expected it to be. The only huge biggest problem for me was some part are just very cringy.. I believe it was that Eric character that really dump the mood for this movie. I was expecting his character to be more like the confident charismatic type to balance and flow with quirky Ariel. Not childish.  As I remembered.

But… URSULA. Damn she literally carried the movie as she should and expected! Ursula is one my favorite villains next to Maleficent and I was like sitting and waiting for my favorite scene when she sing “poor unfortunate soul”. Love their twist version adding more jazz to it. She was a real hoot and so beautifully mesmerizing!! Melissa McCarthy did amazingly job as her and I think this is her utmost best performances that I have ever see her in. It was peak!!! I could go on and on about Ursula and her  characters. 100/10 for Ursula herself. I love her so much, her beauty, her performances, everything. :wub: She’s not just a sea witch but a sea QUEEN! She literally own this movie.

IMG_7176.webp.91644b18eb5f587b0c24857411b4ea0f.webpIMG_7177.gif.82eeee739281568cc00b9e887747c294.gif

Overall movie 7/10

• Brohoof 1

Ladybug and Cat Noir the Movie

Generally I hate when they reboot things but this was surprisingly great. There was more real danger and less silliness. All the characters were really better, Gabrielle was much more sympathetic and Chloe was less cartoonishly ridiculous. And the love story not being drawn out over years and years was much more satisfying if a little rushed.

The main thing that didn't work was all the songs. They were unnecessary(except for one) and the voices didn't even go with the character.

• Brohoof 1

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem - Hands down the best TMNT movie. Fantastic voice acting (the Turtles feel like real teenagers this time), fantastic action sequences, breathtaking animation, a fantastic score, and it's surprisingly emotional. Can't wait to see where they go next with this franchise. 9 out of 10.

• Brohoof 1