Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BIG NEWS FOR EQUESTRIA GIRLS.

Sir.Flutter Hooves

Hello bronies,

Well, some new news about the spin off called Equestria Girls. Supposedly it's suppose to be a chapter book with Princess Twilight loosing her crown, and having to go through a mirror to retrieve it. When she steps through, she and her friends are human. Here the picture:Capture.PNG

So, what do you guys think? It's a good way to become human, but there are two things I don't like.

1. Making Twilight find her crown. Seem's a little to Mary Sue to me.

2. What really puts me off, is the designs! If they changed the Equestrian Girls design, I'll be ok.

So, what do you guys think? Tell me below!

/)

• Brohoof 16

I don't mind this at all.

seriously I don't.

It'll be interesting to see how this all works out.

Not to mention I have a feeling it'll follow anime movie syndrome where the events here are never mentioned again.

• Brohoof 9

I agree, that is a good way to become human. At least it wasn't like suddenly everybody in the show became a human. That would stink. :P Although the crown thing kinda seems stupid, in the least. I mean, she just turned into a frickin' princess! Shouldn't she at least have some sorta break at all? I mean, and episode where it was just happy and fun, not some huge spin off wild adventure that puts everyone in danger would be nice for once. I'm sure Twilight would enjoy just a little relaxation too. :P But all in all, I'm really not to excited for this whole "Equestria Girls" thing... It's just so.... UN-20% cooler. dry.png

• Brohoof 2

Seems like it will be interesting to watch. 

I like the Idea of the portal and Twilight stepping through to find her missing crown. 

I'll be looking forward to watching this :)

• Brohoof 2

I really cannot wait! But I am guessing why Equestria Girls took so long was because they had to change Twilight into Twilight (Da Princess) personally I could have thought of a better way of getting into the human world, maybe Equestria in ruin because of crack in dimension and Celestia sends the elements to take a look! I am not that sure but I really cannot wait to see what it is going to be like!

• Brohoof 1

I think the spin-off has potential. It could give them a chance to explore somethings they couldn't do in Equestria, like seeing any kind of technology. I'd also like to see how they explain everyone's coloring and why RD, Fluttershy, and Twilight have wings.

• Brohoof 2

My god....

This actually... sounds pretty legit!

I guess the main problem with this that many people will complain about is that it's a tie in, meaning it's part of the original series.

Another one is that the designs still bug me, and we still don't have full confirmation on who are the writers.

Overall, sounds interesting, my hopes from this show has risen up a bit, but still need more results.

• Brohoof 3

Finally we have some form of a story line now people can begin to judge it properly rather then just saying "Equestria girls is the worst and ruins everything blah blah blah" Im actually looking forward to it, God knows how its going to work but I cant wait to find out.

Eh maybe it won't be too bad. I still have my doubts on this whole situation still and I have a feeling it will be a flop and cost them..

They wouldn't make it if it wasn't going to be profitable so even if its rubbish and everyone hates it Hasbro will still make money. 

Edited by mycarhasaMoustache
  • Brohoof 1

I like alternate universes and this actually sounds pretty cool for EG. I don't understand why it always gets so much hate. I think it will turn out awesome and all this ponies just need to get their panties out of a wad. It's a show! It's not like there going to be ruining your life!

• Brohoof 3

I'm cool with this. This should be quite interesting. Can't wait!

Now I know what's going on I can get a good idea of it lol. So it's a book and movie?

Well, I think this is the book that comes out before the series. You know, to kinds get the viewer into the series with a book. I can't wait either!

/)

• Brohoof 1

I am okay with this. Will wait to watch before I judge. From the wording of 'animated special', this appears to be a one-time only deal and not a new series, like a TV movie or something. So I'm not worried.

• Brohoof 2

The more I hear about Equestria Girls, the less appealing it becomes. Of course I’ll have to watch it before passing judgement, but that sounds like the laziest story ever.

I loved the original character models that were posted anonymously on tumblr and they actually got me excited, but then the new designs come out and ruin that aspect for me.

At least the logo looks pretty cool, and if the show is good then that’s something we have between seasons 3 and 4 I guess.

This is probably just a marketing thing for Hasbro to sell more toys though.

• Brohoof 1

I agree, that is a good way to become human. At least it wasn't like suddenly everybody in the show became a human. That would stink. :P Although the crown thing kinda seems stupid, in the least. I mean, she just turned into a frickin' princess! Shouldn't she at least have some sorta break at all? I mean, and episode where it was just happy and fun, not some huge spin off wild adventure that puts everyone in danger would be nice for once. I'm sure Twilight would enjoy just a little relaxation too. :P But all in all, I'm really not to excited for this whole "Equestria Girls" thing... It's just so.... UN-20% cooler. img-1408065-1-dry.png

Regarding towards Twilight looking flute her crown....

Her crown I think had her element of Harmony on it so I think that's why she's looking for it. Without it she can't use the EoH with her friends.

• Brohoof 3

I was neutral when I first heard about it and am still neutral now, it seems a little cliched and Twilight finding her crown seems somewhat Mary Sueish but the worst that can happen is this ends up being a crappy spinoff of an otherwise good show and the best that can happen is it compliments a good show nicely. My only major complaint is the fact that the human forms look a little off, but if the show is good enough I can probably get over that.

• Brohoof 1

Sounds somewhat decent. Still a little on the fence for this idea, leaning slightly toward it, but I'll certainly at least watch it before I pass any judgements. But still, antrho-ponies... :huh:

Well, if this is true, then I guess I'll give it a shot. I'm just glad to see that it has a back-story of some sort. I thought Equestria Girls wasn't happening though. Oh well, I'll watch the first episode. For all we know, it could be as good as MLP.

Most of what worried me was that the art design looked crappy and that Hasbro would be shifting its focus away from the ponies and towards the humans for an animated series.

Having it be a book is obviously a nice solution to the art issue, and it has no chance of really stealing the show's thunder. So, if Equestria Girls really is just a book, I'm going to be quite alright with it.

Most of what worried me was that the art design looked crappy and that Hasbro would be shifting its focus away from the ponies and towards the humans for an animated series.

Having it be a book is obviously a nice solution to the art issue, and it has no chance of really stealing the show's thunder. So, if Equestria Girls really is just a book, I'm going to be quite alright with it.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the article states it will be a tie-in to an 'animated special'. So... Still, be cool with it. Do not judge it till you watch it.

• Brohoof 1

I like this idea, and it seems very VERY legit. But, good sir, can you give me a link to this thing, if this thing is seriously legit?

Well, I got the link off Equestria Daily: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/04/equestria-girls-synopsis-expanded.html

Their news is always legit, so I always trust them. I think it is legit, and I cannot wait for the book to come out.

/)

• Brohoof 1